Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Experience with VP Racing LC7 track adhesive? >

Experience with VP Racing LC7 track adhesive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with VP Racing LC7 track adhesive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Experience with VP Racing LC7 track adhesive?

I'm nearing completion of an asphalt pad track in central Texas, and am looking at surface prep options. Most folks prep with sugar, of course. I am concerned about attracting ants and/or bees in my rural location. Plus, I would like to maintain as consistent a surface as possible throughout the week for practicing.

A top contender is VP's Lane Choice 7 track adhesive. Has anyone used it, and can you share your experiences? In particular, I am interested in:

Coverage... VP is recommending cutting 1 part LC7 with 2 parts methanol for this purpose, but can't say how much of the resulting mix I should expect to apply to my 9000 sqft pad (I assume about half of that square footage will be treated)

Longevity... how frequently does it need to be re-applied, or freshened with a light coat? How does light/moderate/heavy rain impact the coating?

Cross-compatibility... can you sugar over it, and with what effect? If not, is it possible to remove LC7 thoroughly?

Fun factor... what do you/your racers think of it as a prep?

It's not cheap, especially on just the manufacturer's say-so! Thanks in advance if you've got something to say.