Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive? >

AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Suspended

I was replying to someone saying I was the reason this hobby is expensive,not you civic91, and everyone at the track I am going to race at probly has invested the same as me into thier gear if not more....I DONT SET THE PRICES I WAS JUST STATING FACTS..THE POINT OF THE STORY IS IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE PRICE DONT BUY IT....so shut it.If you want to run a 300 dollar rtr car all the power to you,but personally I like the higher end cars, how am I offending you by that?If it does the pull the panties out of your ass and get over yourself, now go get a half a clue on what your talking about.I am not discouraging anyone from the hobby by buying what I buy and I wasn't bragging.And why on earth would anyone try to set up a kid getting into the sport pay over a thousand to start you moron, my first car was a rc10gt that I paid 75 bucks for used rtr, but it ran awesome and I had it for years.I have worked for what I have, so have a nice day you dipity-doo.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
I Remember when companies used to take pride in offering a honest value. Not "hey, I think they will buy this lump of dog crap for $50..no wait, I bet they would pay $100"!!!
Pride in value? What? Are you crazy?

I agree with Charlie O. People are paying more than they have to just because they can without giving any thought to it.

"It doesn't cost $1000 to win Novice" - This is true, I could race novice tomorrow and win by several laps. The next step would be Sportsman, which I could also win by quite a bit of a margin. Talent alone can take a driver past Novice & Sportsman but what happens to Johnny when he can't hack it in Expert because he doesn't have the money?

I'm not posting in this thread because I don't have a personal transponder. I think they are an investment as well...but I've seen 1st hand (I worked at a hobby shop part-time for 6 months) how the costs of our hobby turn a lot of people right back out of the doors. They see no sense in paying $80 for an item that could sell for $60 and still make a decent profit. I think everyone has a right in this world to have fun and shouldn't be turned down because they don't make or spend a lot of money.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:45 AM
SC
Tech Adept

I just seen one of these posted for sale here on the forums for no less than $70.00 Why would I buy a used one for 70.00 when I can buy a brand new unit for 80.00 lol
Old 01-01-2006, 04:48 AM

You hit the nail right on head. I like to see a reasonable price so an average joe can come into this hobby. A rip-off price does not do good to any one & this hobby. I am not talking about TP only, just saw the price for Q3 speed control it was $199.00, 1/2 the price of a top-end kit. yeeeeeeeeeeehaw.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I never said I run a RTR. Believe me, far from it. I just think that mentality is misguided. You don't need it, you just want it. Unfortunately for PTs....a lot of tracks are starting to rquire it. So you don't have a choice.

And you need to back off bud. You can try to be an adult and get your point across without being a dick. It always amazes me how brave people get. I am free to express my point of view, and your free to express your point of view (even though it's wrong)...lighten up.
Originally Posted by ntro75
I was replying to someone saying I was the reason this hobby is expensive,not you civic91, and everyone at the track I am going to race at probly has invested the same as me into thier gear if not more....I DONT SET THE PRICES I WAS JUST STATING FACTS..THE POINT OF THE STORY IS IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE PRICE DONT BUY IT....so shut it.If you want to run a 300 dollar rtr car all the power to you,but personally I like the higher end cars, how am I offending you by that?If it does the pull the panties out of your ass and get over yourself, now go get a half a clue on what your talking about.I am not discouraging anyone from the hobby by buying what I buy and I wasn't bragging.And why on earth would anyone try to set up a kid getting into the sport pay over a thousand to start you moron, my first car was a rc10gt that I paid 75 bucks for used rtr, but it ran awesome and I had it for years.I have worked for what I have, so have a nice day you dipity-doo.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Suspended

I never said I run a RTR. Believe me, far from it. I just think that mentality is misguided. You don't need it, you just want it. Unfortunately for PTs....a lot of tracks are starting to rquire it. So you don't have a choice.
What 8th scale buggy can you race thats only costs you 300 bucks to get all the gear your going to need?This includes fuel, tools, staterbox(If apclicable)glow ignightor..ect-ect...? I only assume rtr is what you were refering to.Not that you can't win with one.I once saw a guy take a box stock ofna lx pro and run with the big dawgs with it so anythings possible.The reality of it is If you are going to run a "pro" car it is going to cost you over a thousand bucks wheather youl like it or not.So as far as I am concearned this whole thread is a waist of space. I am as light as I am getting...when someone says something stuipid about or directed at me I am going to put them in thier place...Remember you said people like me are who make this hobby expensive? well that was the stuipidest thing I have ever read so i responded to it.Believe me I am as light as I am going to get on this subject, The only reason I was being a "dick" is because your a moron.I have to listen to whiny little bit@hes like you at work all day about "why is everything so expensive" boo-hooo get over it or find a new hobby.asswipe. Now with that said I am all done with this thread and you so have a nice day
Old 01-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

I am sure if your running 8th scale buggy your not concerned with costs. I know what that stuff runs. And I'd hope a newbie wouldn't start with one. I believe they are worth what they charge for them. On the other hand a PT is overpriced, period.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

How come if ROAR can put cost limits on other things, they can't on these.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Already way out of topic guys. I believe we better only discuss about AMB PT pricing, which is still unreasonable in my opinion.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

I'll be the adult. Let's let this thread get back to what it's meant to be.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Suspended

lol SHUT IT CIVIC91 I am all done with your crap, post about the amp or go find something else to do, I am all done with this childish crap.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

At least you laughed...no hard feelings man. Just business..lol
Old 01-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Suspended

How about this, If you have a problem with amb's pricing CALL THEM AND COMPLAIN instead of posting it here.It seems kind of pointless to do it here seeing as no one on rc tech can lower the pricing, not that amb will and yes they are WAY over priced but so is everything else on the planet.I say call amb and give them a polite earfull of your opinion's and they will probly laugh and hang up.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Or better yet. Get an envelope, a stamp and a litter box scooper. Give your cat some old cabbage and liver...well, you know the rest.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Suspended

Or better yet. Get an envelope, a stamp and a litter box scooper. Give your cat some old cabbage and liver...well, you know the rest.
that would definently not be a good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.