R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   carpet corner speed (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/95281-carpet-corner-speed.html)

kyracer 12-27-2005 10:30 PM

carpet corner speed

That seem to be the big question.
Is it motor, setup, tires, or driving? I think it is more setup then anything. Onroad carpet has always gave me a problem. I guess it is because the unlimited traction. Not knowing if I should stiffen for less traction or soften for more traction.
Can someone set the story straight on where to begin on finding the fastest line in the corner?

dontfeelcold 12-27-2005 11:57 PM

Its a bit of everything. Driving and setup are the biggest things. You wont go fast if you only have one of those. Not to say that the motor doesnt play a big part.

Look at the setups of the fast guys and start from there. Don't expect to be fast straight away, it takes time.

BringItOn 12-28-2005 12:04 AM

firstly are you able to drive 5minutes, without hitting anything? max 1 or 2 bumps on an apex?

untill u can do that, you should concentrat on consistancy before speed.

going fast in 1 or 2 laps does not mean you are fast, just may mean you take more risk than you need to do fast lap times.

speed will come naturally once u stop crashing.

Ben.C 12-28-2005 01:59 AM

Go to your track and see the lines the fast guys are taking...

And for us to go faster....We need practice...

Rasmus TbEvo IV 12-28-2005 01:25 PM

tires are 99.99% the rest is your diving hehe not really but first of all its the tires when your tires are rigtht then start with the std setup for you car. then you start driving and learning not to hit anything. after you have learned that you will start on you setup and at last the speed

seaball 12-28-2005 02:30 PM

have one of the good, seasoned racers give your car a spin... or two. on carpet everthing happens so fast that it's tough to actually determine the deficiencies of the car. often, an experienced racer will have a good idea of what is going on, and how to change it. that's my best advice. even then, it may/will take a few weeks or months to really iron the car out.
:tire:

trf_racer 12-28-2005 03:22 PM

Yes, consistancy is very important. I have raced against people who have faster fastest laptime than me, but in a 5 minute run, I do the most lap but with the slowest fastest laptime because I am very consistant. I do apex all the time but some people don't. This is very important if you want to be fast in the corners. Practice driving a slow car first.

anthony390 12-28-2005 04:09 PM

as for me to do... is first thing to do is to drive the specific line i need to take

to me its actually not an option for me to change my set-up

i only change my set-up if i reached my wall with that set-up and then i can change it so i can hit a high level of lines or time

just me

kyracer 01-03-2006 12:20 PM

Thats some good info. I make 2 maybe three bumps in 5 min. which I know slows me down. Often I find myself over driving because someone is turning faster laps then me.

I need to work with my tires more I guess. It seems that my motor is bogging to much mid corner which I also have a out of corner push.