Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Gizmo Racing GZ2!!!

Our new car(s) are officially released. See pics and information Below:

GIZMO RACING CARS GZ2A Touring Car Kit

Future innovation by racers, proved by racers, won by racers

The Gizmo GZ2 2018 is here and it has been refined to an all new level. The new car is more adjustable, more durable and easier to drive. The GZ2 2018 still features our specially patented designed drive-train system, which makes is possible to have a 100% centered drivetrain, not seen before in any high end touring car.

Chassis, Bulkheads, Shock Towers and Top Deck

The new car comes fitted with an all new aluminum chassis, shorter shock towers and a more conventional top deck system and aluminum bulkheads carrying over from the High Traction Conversion Kit. The combination we have found through our testing allows for higher corner speeds and more consistent handling in high grip conditions especially those faced on today’s black carpet track conditions.

DRIVE-TRAIN

Carrying over from the original GZ1, the 2018 version is still built around our highly efficient double spur gear, belt and pulley driven system that allows for maximum acceleration and insignificant power loss. The front end spool and the rear end gear diff are fitted with 35-tooth pulleys, which are combined with an 18-tooth center pulley for an optimized internal gear ratio. New extra low friction belts, ultra light double joint front universals and rear CVD universals are driven by newly revised high grade alloy out drives that are 1.5mm wider for better drive shaft plunge while still maintaining tremendously low rotational weight.

SUSPENSION

For the 2018 model we have updated the upper arms for more durability and less weight. The Gizmo GZ2 is still fitted with a fully adjustable suspension system; it allows for adjustment of: caster, active-caster, camber, roll center, droop, dive, anti-squat, front toe-in/out, rear toe, linear and active (ARS Type). For minimal un-sprung weight, the Gizmo GZ2 now comes equipped standard with aluminum lower wishbones. For ease of use and lower parts count the front and rear end wishbones are symmetrical. Additionally, front and rear end anti-roll bars are symmetrical in design and mounted with bearings into the aluminum bulkheads.

LS2 Steering System

More reliable steering system on tracks with hard barriers, which also allows for ackerman adjustment through shim spacing on the steering ball studs.

NEW WIDE FRONT BUMPER

A new wider, light weight front bumper is now included with the GZ2. This bumper protects the front end of your car and bodies better, while maintaining light weight for maximum steering response.

LIST OF FEATURES

NEW 2.0mm 7075 T6 Aluminum Main Chassis
NEW 2mm top deck
NEW Fully Adjustable, lighter weight V3 Upper arm system with different upper link length options.
NEW Wider Alloy out drives
NEW High efficiency reinforced kevlar drive belts for high efficiency
NEW Low Profile Shock Towers and Dampers
All aluminum parts are made from 7075 high grade spec for maximum performance
Patented mid motor for 100% center drive train
Gear diff with 35-tooth pulley
Spool with 35-tooth pulley
Front double joint universals
Rear CVD universals
Woven carbon fiber shock towers with multiple mounting positions
Centralized low weight for optimal performance
Woven carbon fiber floating and alloy servo mounts
Adjustable Ackermann integrated into steering rack
Symmetrical woven carbon fiber wishbones
Narrow front and rear end hex for minimal unsprung weight
Woven carbon fiber steering arms
Old 10-23-2017, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Carbon Car

LIST OF FEATURES

NEW 2.25mm quasi isotropic woven carbon fiber main chassis
NEW 3mm modular Vertical Rails
NEW Fully Adjustable, lighter weight V3 Upper arm system with different upper link length options.
NEW Wider Alloy out drives
NEW High efficiency reinforced kevlar drive belts for high efficiency
All aluminum parts are made from 7075 high grade spec for maximum performance
Patented mid motor for 100% center drive train
Gear diff with 35-tooth pulley
Spool with 35-tooth pulley
Front double joint universals
Rear CVD universals
Woven carbon fiber shock towers with multiple mounting positions
Centralized low weight for optimal performance
Woven carbon fiber floating and alloy servo mounts
Adjustable Ackermann integrated into steering rack
Symmetrical woven carbon fiber wishbones
Narrow front and rear end hex for minimal unsprung weight
Woven carbon fiber steering arms
Treaded aluminum coilover shocks
Old 10-24-2017, 01:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The GZ2 2018 still features our specially patented designed drive-train system
What's the patent number?
Ggrant likes this.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks amazing! Love the fact that the car is available in specific formats.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

So what shocks are on the car now?
Old 10-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
What's the patent number?
PA2015 70648 is the filing number.

I believe the patent was filed in Denmark. I am awaiting confirmation from Martin Lissau as to where to search for it, but this was something done by the original designers to protect the uniqueness of the drive train design.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

I've been racing my gz1, with high grip conversion(same as the gz2c) for a few months now, and this thing is a beast! The one thing that I wasn't completely confident about the gz1 '17 was the durability. This car was completely fixed that (i've done the testing... haha, youll have to trust me). While at the same time its definitely faster, especially on high bite. The car just keeps getting better the higher the bite gets, its fantastic! The car is really good on low bite black carpet, and without changing the set up, its just keeps getting faster as the grip increases. This is hands down my favorite car, I've ever owned.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Nice work on the V2 Christian!
CristianTabush likes this.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecaptain
I've been racing my gz1, with high grip conversion(same as the gz2c) for a few months now, and this thing is a beast! The one thing that I wasn't completely confident about the gz1 '17 was the durability. This car was completely fixed that (i've done the testing... haha, youll have to trust me). While at the same time its definitely faster, especially on high bite. The car just keeps getting better the higher the bite gets, its fantastic! The car is really good on low bite black carpet, and without changing the set up, its just keeps getting faster as the grip increases. This is hands down my favorite car, I've ever owned.
Have you tried using the T4 18 ULP shocks on the car? It is awesomely insane even on my original GZ1 16 , ( I somehow could not achieve the ride height I wanted with the SLP shocks previously but this has resolved just that!) even took Cristian's advise of the Yokomo Rp springs on asphalt, (just out of this world! )...now patiently awaiting the shock towers to arrive from Cristian for the high traction conversion kit I received earlier. Will take this against the A800's and try to beat them at their own game when it arrives! Lol! nice to know the reliability issues can be resolved with the updated conversion from Gizmo USA. Kudos to Cristian for continuing the development of this awesome car!
Old 10-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the look of this car. Will it be available through RSD or some other distributor?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I like the look of this car. Will it be available through RSD or some other distributor?
Gizmo Racing USA ? Home of the Gizmo GZ1 1/10th Scale Touring Car
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BD1541
Have you tried using the T4 18 ULP shocks on the car? It is awesomely insane even on my original GZ1 16 , ( I somehow could not achieve the ride height I wanted with the SLP shocks previously but this has resolved just that!) even took Cristian's advise of the Yokomo Rp springs on asphalt, (just out of this world! )...now patiently awaiting the shock towers to arrive from Cristian for the high traction conversion kit I received earlier. Will take this against the A800's and try to beat them at their own game when it arrives! Lol! nice to know the reliability issues can be resolved with the updated conversion from Gizmo USA. Kudos to Cristian for continuing the development of this awesome car!
I have not, but I believe others have the shocks, to try with the kit. I am unsure if they have tried them yet. I run the regular xray shocks on my car (17 and below)
Old 10-24-2017, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
So what shocks are on the car now?
Same original shocks on the carbon car. The Aluminum car will come with XRAY SLP (T4 17 and below) length shocks from a very popular OEM manufacturer.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BD1541
We have some ULP Specific Towers available as well. Not on the website yet, but Adam Brown (Syndrome) has been testing them with some good results at 5280.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default While we are at it...

Let's mention the addition of a pretty good racer (to say the least) to the team.

Kody Knudtson is now on board with Gizmo Racing. Kody will be campaigning his GZ2 in the PNW for the next season and comes on board as an essential part of our racing team. Welcome aboard Kody!

We have quite a few other really fast guys in the process or on the fence about joining the team. I have a feeling it will be a good racing season for Gizmo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.