R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree18Likes

Old 10-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That is exactly what I did too for mounting the Caddy
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dumper :On your caster shims -where are you placing them on the 5 degree blocks.Are you using the kit springs front and rear and in the center shock?Most importantly where are you running the battery.Also the width narrow-middle or wide and long or short wheel base?
Just started trying the tranverse battery and Narrow with the short wheelbase .
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Gen X 10 R/T Wins the IIC in Vegas!

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=219
But...but...it's pink!
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #79
Tech Elite

pink is worth .1 a lap. proven fact.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #80
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All of those speed tips you gave me at iic and I have to learn about this one on the internet? Thanks for the help the new R/T car is amazing, our track had a three day event called Bone Crusher and it was the fast car all weekend.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Team CRC Gen X 10 R/T-20161023_185817.jpg   Team CRC Gen X 10 R/T-fb_img_1477330983361.jpg  
Old 10-24-2016, 04:45 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New GT-R fast

Hey took my new GTR out this weekend for our first club race and it was fast. We had two heats of GTR cars and the driver held the car up, but in the A main I got my head in it to finish a hard charging 2nd place. I raced it almost totally box stock except for getting to 5mm in front. I will try my set up from the SE next race for what I think will be even more speed.
Thanks CRC!
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger View Post
All of those speed tips you gave me at iic and I have to learn about this one on the internet? Thanks for the help the new R/T car is amazing, our track had a three day event called Bone Crusher and it was the fast car all weekend.

Paul
Paul is da man!
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:23 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Default Pink is fast...no doubt!

And I can see it.

We run on old CRC grey carpet, that as I understand, has much less grip than the newer black stuff most run on. In addition, we have an off-road program that run foam tires on buggies that seems to pick up our groove. So essentially, we are starting our race day with a completely "green" track.

Would you recommend moving the battery traverse for more rear weight bias? Just not sure moving the battery in-line a few millimeters back is going to be enough. Chassis is awesome, just need a pinch more traction for our low bite surface. I see no chance of traction rolling here...
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
Old 10-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
And I can see it.

We run on old CRC grey carpet, that as I understand, has much less grip than the newer black stuff most run on. In addition, we have an off-road program that run foam tires on buggies that seems to pick up our groove. So essentially, we are starting our race day with a completely "green" track.

Would you recommend moving the battery traverse for more rear weight bias? Just not sure moving the battery in-line a few millimeters back is going to be enough. Chassis is awesome, just need a pinch more traction for our low bite surface. I see no chance of traction rolling here...
I have raced on some low bite tracks using the same setup. The main thing I change is tire prep. Try this: After you marshall, go back to your pits and take the body off. Fully dope all four tires and wipe them off. Now assuming that you usually dope your tires at the same time leading up to when you run, about ten minutes before then, do a normal tire dope. Then at your normal time, do it again. Cleaning the tires then doing a double dope will really bring up the grip of the tires.

I have thought about going transverse for low bite situations, but that would require moving the electronics around. So it is not an easy thing to just try. If you do take the time to do it, I would be interested in hearing what you find out.

Brian
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:36 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
I have raced on some low bite tracks using the same setup. The main thing I change is tire prep. Try this: After you marshall, go back to your pits and take the body off. Fully dope all four tires and wipe them off. Now assuming that you usually dope your tires at the same time leading up to when you run, about ten minutes before then, do a normal tire dope. Then at your normal time, do it again. Cleaning the tires then doing a double dope will really bring up the grip of the tires.

I have thought about going transverse for low bite situations, but that would require moving the electronics around. So it is not an easy thing to just try. If you do take the time to do it, I would be interested in hearing what you find out.

Brian
Thanks for responding Brian...

I'll try that for sure. Wouldn't hurt to have a second chassis for this sort of thing. I'll report back.

Stan Garvin
Old 10-26-2016, 06:31 AM   #86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to big_ads

Quote:

Brian
Last season I was using an LE for my GT-R car and experienced similar low bite conditions. I did take the time to move electronics around and put the battery transverse. It was night and day difference, at least in my experience. Consistently worth a half second per lap. Like Brian said though it is a pain if you want to go from transverse to in-line all the time and there were some definite performance advantages to being in-line when the bite came up.
big_ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ads View Post
Last season I was using an LE for my GT-R car and experienced similar low bite conditions. I did take the time to move electronics around and put the battery transverse. It was night and day difference, at least in my experience. Consistently worth a half second per lap. Like Brian said though it is a pain if you want to go from transverse to in-line all the time and there were some definite performance advantages to being in-line when the bite came up.
Thanks guys, I'm convinced I need to do that...I purchased a second R/T for parts, I'll build that one up traverse...

Stan Garvin
Old 10-27-2016, 05:37 AM   #88
Tech Addict

I ran transverse at the Halloween Classic against Brian. This weekend with the same layout down, I will be trying his inline setup.
Great to have a car as flexible as this one to try these things.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:59 AM   #89
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone have a setup to post other than box stock?
Old 01-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Anyone have a setup to post other than box stock?
Box stock is really good as a starting point for just about any carpet track. Changes are dependent on the current condition of the track being run. Usually just messing with front/side/center springs and pod droop.

Traction has been pretty good at the 209 Raceway in Stockton, CA this season; so, I only run the in-line configuration there. Saving my transverse setup car for the asphalt tracks in the Spring.

Still waiting for a new Team Scream 17.5 motor (spec'ed for WGT-R). <grin>

Bill