Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Glitching Woes...  (any help appreciated... :)  ) >

Glitching Woes... (any help appreciated... :) )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching Woes... (any help appreciated... :) )

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

oh and ive been using the xs3... but i use the same radio in another car w/ no problems...

usually i use the m8... but since i got surgery last week, ive been driving one-handed... its easy w/ the xs3, but the m8 is near impossible because the wheel is so far from the trigger that my thumb can barely reach...
Old 12-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Have you tried the spektrum in your M8?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

all i can add to this is that when i had glitching problems i had exposed servo wires near the receiver...but you tried a new servo so im not much help
Old 12-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

have you try, open both RECEIVER and ESC casing,
some accumulation little small rock or sand may create short circuit that cause glitching
Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

no spektrum...

as far as the receiver and esc, I have tried two different ESCs and two receivers... the second receiver seemed a little better...

I just went out to try it again with thicker servo tape on the receiver and didnt get 10ft before i broke... not due to glitching though... user error (try driving with one hand and see how well you do...)

we'll see tomorrow...
Old 12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a had major glitching with my xr3.. I replecd the servo and it was better but not good..

I fixed it by buying a Hitec DCX dual conversion reciever(40 bucks) and crystals (10.00).. i used the radio for 7 years without a single glitch after that.. i finnally retired it because of its age , and as far as i know the guy who bought it is till using it glitch free..

you only need a new xstal for the reciever.. buy a single the same freq as your radio..I know alot of people dont lie hitec, but i love there radios..

i currently use a Lynx 3d with the dcx without issues..
Old 12-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

i changed the reciever to airtronics and the crystal to a new set...

WAY better than the first time,but still glitches every once in a while... this is at my house, and i know that at my track it was worse the 1st time...
Old 12-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Are you running a plastic or graphite chassis? If graphite don't let your antenna wire touch it. Some people drill a small hole in their antenna tube above where it mounts in the chassis, and run it thru there so they can completely keep it off the chassis.

Is your motor nice and clean, and does it have capacitors on it? If no on the capacitors then you'll need to get some.

Make sure all crystals are pushed fully in. That's about it for my suggestions besides making sure your radio batts are fully charged.
when you say the graphite chassis do you mean like graphite chassis that is just like the Factory Team Tc3?

(the graphite chassis below)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
tc3.bmp (124.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 12-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by killer89
i changed the reciever to airtronics and the crystal to a new set...

WAY better than the first time,but still glitches every once in a while... this is at my house, and i know that at my track it was worse the 1st time...
Any other drivers get problem like yours ? or only you ?

Send photo of your buggy so we can examine better.

Your equipment look fine to me : LRP V7.1, XS3.

Have you reset LRP V7.1 to match your RX ( I mean press SET button ) ?

Would you like to try other channel ?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

i will get a pic tomorrow... i think the problem might be going away, but i broke an arm today and haven't gotten to run since...

ill replace the arm and run it tomorrow...

On another note, when i broke the arm and drove the car with 3 wheels out in the street (just wanted to see if it would run on 3 wheels) it was glitching like CRAZY from the broken arm dragging in the front... what causes this?

yes the esc is set to the car. yes i have tried other channels (68 at first, then later 90)... I run my other losi buggy (bk2) on channel 68 with NO problems...
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 AM
imr
Tech Adept

friction can cause glitching, check bearings, maybe one is very bad and the metal scrubs.
Or try putting a power cap on the receiver, works good.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

....or you can make all these glitching issues ancient history --> buy a Spektrum
Old 12-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cookie
....or you can make all these glitching issues ancient history --> buy a Spektrum

imr : metal friction ? ball bearings ? .... ohh please..... you read too much rc car action's tips and trick . Nitro cars will be glitching like hell if metal friction really cause glithching.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by killer89
i will get a pic tomorrow... i think the problem might be going away, but i broke an arm today and haven't gotten to run since...

ill replace the arm and run it tomorrow...

On another note, when i broke the arm and drove the car with 3 wheels out in the street (just wanted to see if it would run on 3 wheels) it was glitching like CRAZY from the broken arm dragging in the front... what causes this?

yes the esc is set to the car. yes i have tried other channels (68 at first, then later 90)... I run my other losi buggy (bk2) on channel 68 with NO problems...
Aha !!! Maybe is your servo !!! ( did you hit a lot ? ) if yes, then it must be the servo.

edit : on second thought, have you check all connectors ? are they fit tightly or loosely ? Cable split ?
Old 12-27-2005, 01:38 AM
imr
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asw7576

imr : metal friction ? ball bearings ? .... ohh please..... you read too much rc car action's tips and trick . Nitro cars will be glitching like hell if metal friction really cause glithching.
I don't read magazines, just forums.
Sorry I tried to help, will never do it again, the thread starter said (any help appreciated).
So why not suggest the (maybe) impossible if nothing from the above worked for him?
The only thing he didn't change is his car, maybe that will help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.