Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TZ vs RZ

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya TZ vs RZ

Hey guys just want to see what you prefer TZ or RZ please give a reason as to why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Pat
Old 12-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *sil80*
Hey guys just want to see what you prefer TZ or RZ please give a reason as to why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Pat
woaahh!! I have one of these TZ 23turns of tamiya... It's very fast when i use mine.. its like you're running in a 15 turns motor... the TZ has a lots of torque and u will get full advantage if the race track is technical coz u will be needing lots of torque in the cornering...

the RZ is also good and fast for Long race tracks i mean high speed racetracks. but if you will be racing in technical circuit the RZ is no match for TZ but if you'll be matching the TZ to RZ in a long track RZ can keep up..

but then after a few runs maybe 10 runs you'll begin to notice a slightly slowing performance for these motors.. so u have to cut the comms...

so for me i prefer getting the TZ

tnx i hope these helps...
Old 12-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RZ = RPM based motor
TZ = Torque based motor

Use whatever suits your particular track layout.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

I have both motors. I prefer TZ because it has way more torque than RZ. BTW, I cut the comm on both motor and replace the brushes and broke in the motor and I put the motors on CTX-M and TZ has more RPM and pulls more amps!