Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity UltraBird Motor Pro 19T or Team Orion Element V2 19T Modified

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Trinity UltraBird Motor Pro 19T or Team Orion Element V2 19T Modified

anyone has tried the 2 motors "Trinity UltraBird Motor Pro 19T" & "Team Orion Element V2 19T Modified" to advice me which one to buy?
Thank you,
Old 12-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Just tried an Ultrabird...Fast motor but VERY high maintenance. Comm needs to be cut every round an if you really want it to perform you need to replace the brushes every round too. Try an Atlas motor....Gear it to the moon and you won't be disappointed!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Just tried an Ultrabird...Fast motor but VERY high maintenance. Comm needs to be cut every round an if you really want it to perform you need to replace the brushes every round too. Try an Atlas motor....Gear it to the moon and you won't be disappointed!
100% correct
Old 12-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

I have the v2 19T, and I have to say, although it is not the fastest motor, it is surely a great motor out of the box.
Overall, its the best practice motor I have ever had because it allows me to try a fair range of gearing combinations, long lasting brushes and a comm. that won't quit. (When TO said 30 runs, they MEAN 30 RUNS!)

The maintainance Vs performance ratio is the best amongst the motors I have tried.

my $0.02
Old 12-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

If you are new to 19T motor, I would not recommend you to get the Team Orion 19T V2 because if you hit the barriers hard, there is a chance that the o-ring pop off the endbell and the ball bearing will fall you which will mess up the endbell. You will have to file the brush tube after that. I have experience this before.

From the maintainance point of view, this is a GREAT motor. The brush last a long time and the comm wears out slower.