R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   The Drift Thread (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/95043-drift-thread.html)

anthony390 12-25-2005 11:19 PM

The Drift Thread

let just make this the OFFICIAL drift thread so we can post ANYTHING related to drifting (real car drifting,electric drifting and nitro drifting) :nod:

-Royal Knights

anthony390 12-25-2005 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GROOVY DRIFT

thedudeaturdoor 12-25-2005 11:29 PM

ahh yes... more.... manly!

haha

anthony390 12-25-2005 11:43 PM

LOL

so yea any other ?s that you may have

PaZ 12-26-2005 06:31 AM

as this is now the drift thread ill leave the other one to float away :lol: so anybody got any pix of them drifting or there chassis? I did but they were crap cause it was night drifting (which is all i can do really cause we dont have any outdoor tracks around here) and the tourch inside my shell kept blurring on the digi camera lol

thedudeaturdoor 12-26-2005 09:16 AM

check out my link then click on videos

and anthony has the link too

na all i have is xxx-s and a Rustler
o yeah i got a drift king for x-mas
i ran it into a puddle yesterday
and it works today, but im gona try to get a stock motor and a cheap speedo in there on a rainy day

anthony390 12-26-2005 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaZ
as this is now the drift thread ill leave the other one to float away :lol: so anybody got any pix of them drifting or there chassis? I did but they were crap cause it was night drifting (which is all i can do really cause we dont have any outdoor tracks around here) and the tourch inside my shell kept blurring on the digi camera lol

LOL hey Paz good to see you here :smile:

well ill try to get some photos of me drifting...

PaZ 12-26-2005 12:20 PM

yo :D has anybody tried drifting an x mod? I know u can get the drift tyres over here and the drift motor. Im gettin a firebird imported after the holidays so im gonna try me hand at drifting that monster :lol: I might cleam me drifter soon its still dirty after i went ice drifting :D that was hard work especially when you cant stand still to drive the dam thing lol

PaZ 12-26-2005 12:43 PM

ive just had me a gander at the groovey drift site and wow thats sweet! Im used to driftin with me mate in empty well not always X_X the amount of times ive touched cloth as i go sideways infront of a speeding idiot in a carpark and makin the best of the man made sectons to make a sort of track and the only other drifters i have seen is when i was riding past on my steed :D and there were 4 young people in there with argos 1:32 scale "drift" cars going at 8mph trying to go side ways i cant wait to see them again when ive got me car and show them how to do it :lol:

what sort of ecs etc do you use? im running on old nackered stuff like a acoms techniplus tranny and mtroniks 15 speed controller BARGIN BASEMENT RACING PARTS R ME!!!!!!!!! :smile:

loopedeloop 12-26-2005 12:52 PM

some awesome drift video here:

http://www.yokomousa.com/

thedudeaturdoor 12-26-2005 01:18 PM

come on people

allmost 100 viewings and only 4 people have psoted it in!

anthony390 12-26-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaZ
ive just had me a gander at the groovey drift site and wow thats sweet! Im used to driftin with me mate in empty well not always X_X the amount of times ive touched cloth as i go sideways infront of a speeding idiot in a carpark and makin the best of the man made sectons to make a sort of track and the only other drifters i have seen is when i was riding past on my steed :D and there were 4 young people in there with argos 1:32 scale "drift" cars going at 8mph trying to go side ways i cant wait to see them again when ive got me car and show them how to do it :lol:

what sort of ecs etc do you use? im running on old nackered stuff like a acoms techniplus tranny and mtroniks 15 speed controller BARGIN BASEMENT RACING PARTS R ME!!!!!!!!! :smile:

I use a tc2 esc and and well i am thinking that any esc would work for drifting as long as the esc can handle your motor

and when you say "firebird" (also what year?) do you mean the REAL car and well if you drifting in that i would STONGLY NOT recomend that for drifting because the suspension design on that car is NOT good

sorry but i would get a different car to drift

-TEAM SYDWAYZ

PaZ 12-26-2005 04:16 PM

no i ment the x mod firebird :smile:

thedudeaturdoor 12-26-2005 04:39 PM

what motor would be better?
a 19/stock/bl/or mod?

most people i know use stocks
but the other half use 19's

so wich one is better?

anthony390 12-26-2005 04:43 PM

Quote: