R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #1381
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys. I've been watching some R/C drift competitions on YouTube and I don't quite understand how someone actually wins a race. I see two cars, I see a start and finish line, but they don't seem to be going particularly fast. Can someone please explain how it all works?

Thanks!!
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #1382
Tech Initiate
 
TecNyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Hi guys. I've been watching some R/C drift competitions on YouTube and I don't quite understand how someone actually wins a race. I see two cars, I see a start and finish line, but they don't seem to be going particularly fast. Can someone please explain how it all works?

Thanks!!
Read this: http://www.rcdriftnetwork.com/net/ru...attle-overview

It gives an explanation on how they judge the tandems and should give you an idea on how it works.
__________________
Reppin' the R/C drift scene
Tamiya TA05 | Yokomo Drift Package
TecNyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #1383
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecNyne View Post
Read this: http://www.rcdriftnetwork.com/net/ru...attle-overview

It gives an explanation on how they judge the tandems and should give you an idea on how it works.
Now it all makes sense. Thanks.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #1384
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H
Default


Bring your drift car, bring some sunblock, and get ready for RC DriftClub's next competition - the End of Summer Drift:Battle! Brought to you by RC DriftClub and CalRaceway, we're taking the bracket to the city of Orange, CA and the site of the envent is CalRaceway's outdoor permanent facility!

UPDATES
-any updates will be listed here

[hr]

Event
End of Summer Drift:Battle

Brought to you / sponsored by
RC DriftClub
CalRaceway
Speedtech RC
Tamiya
HPI Racing

Date/Time
Saturday morning September 4th, 2010
Practice starts at 8:00am
Qualifying starts at 9:00am

Location
CalRaceway, 2190 North Canal Road, Orange, CA 92865
This is the location for the weekly "Drift Jam" sessions, for directions CLICK HERE

Rules/Info
1. There is a 40 ENTRY LIMIT so sign up ASAP and sign up for a friend if they can't get it done =)
2. There will be power and a pit area.
3. There are places to get food nearby for lunch, including at the mall across the street from the track
4. Open class only, electric-powered only, standard or countersteer accepted.
5. No body limit - except keep it real (no TC racing crap!)
6. No motor limit - whatever's in your car, that's what you run. Swap if necessary.
7. No tire limit, just the usual drift tires (HPI/Tamiya/Yokomo/ABS no rubber)
8. There is no hobby shop on-site, Ultimate Hobbies is in the area - if you really want to go there.
9. No Alcohol, no drugs, no bullsh*t. Respect your peers, no bitching, be cool.
10. We reserve the right to change any event specifics without prior notice.

Event Prizes
Open bracket - trophies for 1st-3rd
Bonus Challenge - trophy for 1st
Concourse competition - small prizes

We're working on getting some prizes from sponsors (everyone's scaling back) so we're not sure yet; if we can swing it ourselves then prizes may be provided by RC DriftClub.

[hr]

For any more info on the competition, and how to sign up, please refer to this thread. It covers just about any information you might need. Questions? Please post on that thread. Thank You
__________________
-valentin
www.csjunkies.com
Valentin.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #1385
Tech Master
 
sliding_josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: D/FW --TEXAS
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Guru View Post

Bring your drift car, bring some sunblock, and get ready for RC DriftClub's next competition - the End of Summer Drift:Battle! Brought to you by RC DriftClub and CalRaceway, we're taking the bracket to the city of Orange, CA and the site of the envent is CalRaceway's outdoor permanent facility!

UPDATES
-any updates will be listed here

[hr]

Event
End of Summer Drift:Battle

Brought to you / sponsored by
RC DriftClub
CalRaceway
Speedtech RC
Tamiya
HPI Racing

Date/Time
Saturday morning September 4th, 2010
Practice starts at 8:00am
Qualifying starts at 9:00am

Location
CalRaceway, 2190 North Canal Road, Orange, CA 92865
This is the location for the weekly "Drift Jam" sessions, for directions CLICK HERE

Rules/Info
1. There is a 40 ENTRY LIMIT so sign up ASAP and sign up for a friend if they can't get it done =)
2. There will be power and a pit area.
3. There are places to get food nearby for lunch, including at the mall across the street from the track
4. Open class only, electric-powered only, standard or countersteer accepted.
5. No body limit - except keep it real (no TC racing crap!)
6. No motor limit - whatever's in your car, that's what you run. Swap if necessary.
7. No tire limit, just the usual drift tires (HPI/Tamiya/Yokomo/ABS no rubber)
8. There is no hobby shop on-site, Ultimate Hobbies is in the area - if you really want to go there.
9. No Alcohol, no drugs, no bullsh*t. Respect your peers, no bitching, be cool.
10. We reserve the right to change any event specifics without prior notice.

Event Prizes
Open bracket - trophies for 1st-3rd
Bonus Challenge - trophy for 1st
Concourse competition - small prizes

We're working on getting some prizes from sponsors (everyone's scaling back) so we're not sure yet; if we can swing it ourselves then prizes may be provided by RC DriftClub.

[hr]

For any more info on the competition, and how to sign up, please refer to this thread. It covers just about any information you might need. Questions? Please post on that thread. Thank You


Sweet I wish I could attend, im in Texas though!
__________________
FaceBook>>> RC Drift Machines
sliding_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #1386
Tech Master
 
pettyeagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Central, Il
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)
Default RC DRIFTING

Anyone in east central Illinois(Champaign area) into drifting and would like to form a club or have informal drift events???
__________________
A bad day racing beats a good day at work. My RC fleet:
SC5M(x2), B5M, SC10.2, FT SC10, FT TC5, FT TC4, 12R5, AE Rival MT, RC10 Classic, RC10 Worlds, CW Pro Comp Outlaw, F104 pro v2, RJ Speed Legend, Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta ST, Axial SCX10, Yeti, Smt10, G-Made/AX10, Tamiya Super Clodbuster
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #1387
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 4
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TA05 VDF

Any of you guys running the TA05 VDF? If so, how do like it and how do you have it set up. Motor, ESC, Servo, etc. Your feedback is appreciated.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #1388
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Already answered in your other thread, but for the sake of continuity i'll copy and paste my answer here.

Hi John,

Not too many drifters on here mate.

Just so happens i've been looking into new chassis's the last few weeks.
I'm really struggling to pick between the VDF and a HB TCX.

Seems like the VDF will drift better straight out the box, but it does look like it has a tendency to strip spur gears.

The TDX looks like it will be better in the long run, but will need more time and effort put into setting it up for drifting.


Another thing that's swaying me is.
If you look at old touring car chassis's like the Pro4 etc they're still fetching good money, will there be the same market for drift chassis's in say 3-5 years?
Personally i don't think so, especially if you look on the drift forums, they're no where near as active as they were a few years ago.

So the TCX is currently my first choice, i'm waiting for a few weeks though as there may be a Cyclone TC coming up locally and as i already have a Cyclone WCE and Pro4 it'll be good because all my spares will fit


Couple of decent VDF build threads here:
http://driftercentral.com/forums/ind...7532-ta05-vdf/
http://driftercentral.com/forums/ind...a-ta05-vdf-cs/
http://driftercentral.com/forums/ind...miya-ta05-vdf/

Let me know how you get on.




Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #1389
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

The VDF is a great chassis. Here is mine with new shoes Enjoy.

__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #1390
Tech Elite
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,855
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl
Default

We been Using Type A here which we like.
But it seems like HPI has discontinued them.

Does any one know any similar compound tires ?

And no we dont like the T or D from HPI.
__________________
Design Of Things !!!
iPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #1391
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: aus, nsw.
Posts: 187
Post trim the body mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
The VDF is a great chassis. Here is mine with new shoes Enjoy.

hey, man ur car looks great and all but ur letting ur car down by not trimming the body mount pole thingys... they make u look amature. if your thinking "what if i want to fit a different shell?" then dont worry new body posts cost like 4 bux at your hobby shop!

other than that, nice work on that car then... tho i do kinda hate u for having the rims i want my hobby shop is always sold out of em
DEIGIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #1392
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: aus, nsw.
Posts: 187
Questions?? tcx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
So the TCX is currently my first choice
hey gixer im shure u remember me, u accused me of spaming
so a tcx would be a good choice for a sick drifter afterall?
its just on the tcx thread everyone was soo negative towards my proposal to use a tcx...
DEIGIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #1393
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: aus, nsw.
Posts: 187
Exclamation rs4 rally upgrades

i know this will be a little off topic but this forum is pretty active so im gunna ask-

hey anyone know where i can find upgrades for my rs4 rally?
im mainly interested in the heat sinc motor mount and woven graphite chassis parts
DEIGIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:13 AM   #1394
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
We been Using Type A here which we like.
But it seems like HPI has discontinued them.

Does any one know any similar compound tires ?

And no we dont like the T or D from HPI.
Check these out they are really good.
RaikouDriftTires.com
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #1395
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: aus, nsw.
Posts: 187
Default testing...

just testing if you can copy/paste photos from flickr
... nup they auto copyright your photos... il try from my pictures library...
nup... ill try putting pic into microsoft word then highlight it,copy then drag here..
nup... how do you post pics???
DEIGIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sg Official Drift Thread!!! AndrewJCH Singapore R/C Racers 188 08-05-2011 09:02 AM
Official Drift Thread Ginsu Electric On-Road 8 10-23-2007 02:36 AM
official drift thread streetracer745 Electric On-Road 3 10-24-2006 09:07 PM
The Official Drift Thread anthony390 Nitro On-Road 0 12-25-2005 10:46 PM
The Official xxx-nt thread rushdude Electric Off-Road 1 09-24-2003 03:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net