Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tn350z
I have read thru this thread fully and I am still a bit unclear on a few things that I hope you guys can shed some light on. I am new to this so please bear with me. I am about 70% done with a TT-01 chassis. Not hi digit but I bought the complete bearing kit and the oil shock kit. I will start with the stock motor and then upgrade as funds allow. I realize "abs" tires are recommended or specific drift tires. Can I use the included wheels and tires from the kit? If so what would need to be done? Future motor recommendations? I will be running MX-3 radio, Scorpion LiPo battery, included kit speed controller for now. Thanks for any and all input, it will be most appreciated. By the way are there any spots in Orange County, Ca to go to for good drifting? thanx again.

yes you can use the included rims(im pretty sure you can) all you need to do is find the right abs diameter that will fit the rims and not let it be loose or it will slide out while in a drift (so you should get one that fits snug) or you can just super glue the sides of the tire to the rim (thats what i do) and i think you can only use the stock tires for drifting if you are running hi tourqe (which i think your not since you said the stock one) or modified (like 13 triple to 8 double)

well ya unless that is you got the drift tamiya kit then yes you can surly use the stock rims and tires

more people can put some input because i dont drift the TT-01 chassis but i am looking forward to drift a tb-02 soon or somthing

and well since your stock right now... the first recomendation of upgrades is a better servo since your drifting it will be easier to drive if you have a faster and more tuorqe servo
Old 01-13-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

i used 2 own a tt01 before the 415 and it made a great drifter. bearings will be the best money spent. Next mod on your list should be prop shaft then pinion and spur which will give the stock motor ALOT more power. I used 2 run a 25 pinion and 55 spur which is the highest you can go without frying shit. after u have those mods you should look at servos, escs, motors and that kind of stuff
Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default CO27?

im thinking about saving up for a CO27
by Trinity (i think its by them)

For teo reasons:
1) the only place we can carpet race is 27 only
2) ITs the best 27 out there

is this a smart move to spend the extra 5 bucks over the green machine?

o yeah ill do it tonight antony, ive been working on Highschool applactions, and a friend just had surgery, and my step-dad needs mad help with his car.
so i should have it to you tonight
Old 01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

here it is all with the new speed controller and 10*3 peak racing stratus R before i hit the flat part of the kurb at full speed head on because i didnt see it until i had gone into it taken off about 3 feet high backflipped and slamed into the ground and i didnt break or bend ANYTHING!!!!! man thats lucky
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-000_0634.jpg   The Drift Thread-000_0633.jpg  
Old 01-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaZ
here it is all with the new speed controller and 10*3 peak racing stratus R before i hit the flat part of the kurb at full speed head on because i didnt see it until i had gone into it taken off about 3 feet high backflipped and slamed into the ground and i didnt break or bend ANYTHING!!!!! man thats lucky

almost the same thing to be excet in stead of a curb it was the front of another car

LOL

and hey i did the same thing to my rear bumper
Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

yay!

im not the only one who runs purple springs in the front
(my step-dad says im crazy)

but i run the coppers in the back

what tires r those?

antony- the site i got the contact box from does not host it anymore and i cant find it sorry
Old 01-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
yay!

im not the only one who runs purple springs in the front
(my step-dad says im crazy)

but i run the coppers in the back

what tires r those?

antony- the site i got the contact box from does not host it anymore and i cant find it sorry

its ok and did you put the puples on you xxx-s or your dads tc4?
Old 01-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thought I would jump in with this thread.

Whats the drift tyre/plastic for using on Carpet chaps, as it is FAR to cold and damp for outdoors at the mo....

TB-02 drifter here
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-p1010001.jpg  
Old 01-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Thought I would jump in with this thread.

Whats the drift tyre/plastic for using on Carpet chaps, as it is FAR to cold and damp for outdoors at the mo....

TB-02 drifter here

for carpet i would go with either taped tires or yokmo drift tires(any drift tire by yokomo)

or you can use the tamiya super drift tires!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool, I got the Yokomo drift tyres, the ones that come with the kit, wasn't very happy with the balance that taping gave though.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Using tape isn't very good. Yokomo single ring tires are nice but ABS is best and most consistent.

Also, if you ever put ABS on your rims, don't use the tape method where you wrap tape around the rim and then you jam the ABS over it. Tape just adds weight to the wheel and throws off the balance. And unless you count how many times you wind the tape around the rim, you'll get uneven weight between the wheels. Just stick to CA glue. Drift with cheap white plastic rims, glue on your ABS. When the ABS wears out, boil it or use nail polish remover to remove the glue.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

im not sure what rubbers those are i just had them lying around in my box i dont like that rear bumper it feels like its gonna snap when i pick it up i didnt do that thats they way i got it . The only reason i run purples is cause once again they were lying around i use red yellow and silver for racing with my other TC3
Old 01-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default I had a thought!

as i was at work this week looking at hydraulic hoses. I thought i wonder what I.D these are. there made of a very hard rubber steel belted and all
so i went to the shop after work to see if i could find any scrap hose . well there wasnt any But up on a self there i saw it coolant hose 2" I.D

well now i cut and mounted the tyres and i was drifting their rubber so they look real and the have more grip then abs and pvc but they brake traction easy enough this is green stripe coolant hose they have diffrent I.D s
i grab a pice of 2" and 2 1/8" i get some pics soon
Old 01-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

i use purple springs on my car

but step-dad i dono what he runs

is a one-way good for drifting?
Old 01-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
i use purple springs on my car

but step-dad i dono what he runs

is a one-way good for drifting?

in some cases yes and in others no like if your good with the throttle technique then it would be good but if your not then you wont be so good unless you want to use it so you can learn how to use it effectivly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.