Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
In SoCal most of the hard core guys are running Take Off RP-D drift tires. The RP-D is a hard rubber ring the size of a very low profile tire that press onto a rim and are CA'd on place. Performance wise they are right in the middle of ABS (zero traction, little control) and the HPI drift tires (too much traction, unrealistic speeds).

With the RP-D's the cars are much more stable and predictable. They have just enough grip to let the car take a set in the corners and stay drifting predictably until you input a change.
im loving RP-D's!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey thedudeaturdoor! no worries man. i kinda been light on the forums too. all cause of school, even now im still trying to focus on school while i should. hope yoru okay though, and keep the XXX-s going, btw man, if you ever need a whole rolling chassis of teh XXX-S i still gotr mine just on the self, and im really willing to sell it. and to anybody else to!
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

heres a vid me and ad my mate did a lil old but its not on here yet and looks bloody kool so ill sher with u

we have made a EP rc smoke me ( on the camera) and juzzie the puchasey of the smoke writer and driver have been ever searching for a way to make a EP smoke, juzzie was the brave one here putting his pro4 with brand new 4.5 novak and brand new yokomo rims on the line for the progress of rcdrift lol a first from BRIZDRIFT
sum piks

and the koolest video of this year so far

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jjY32-2NUE4

note at the end with the shot of the chassis all the melted black looking stuff is just residue from the end of the smoke writer
and the result to the shell

we have plans to make a heat shield so it doesnt put a hol in your shell and sumthing that directs it out the back more ,not that the 4 wheels smoking didnt look kool tho
enjoy 8)
Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

you should also find a way so the volume thats being shot out is less so it would look even more real. and then find a way so that you can get a longer use of it. and yea deifiently need a heat shield. but other then that. niccce.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thought about that

I thought about doing something like that, but I want to run it indoors on carpet and, well, there's no way I'd be allowed to put that on the track :P

I'm currently looking into some alternatives that will be indoor friendly and I'm going to try and fix something up with that as soon as I get some time. I'll post results here whenever I manage to get it going. Might be a while though due to too much time needed at work
Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
In SoCal most of the hard core guys are running Take Off RP-D drift tires. The RP-D is a hard rubber ring the size of a very low profile tire that press onto a rim and are CA'd on place. Performance wise they are right in the middle of ABS (zero traction, little control) and the HPI drift tires (too much traction, unrealistic speeds).

With the RP-D's the cars are much more stable and predictable. They have just enough grip to let the car take a set in the corners and stay drifting predictably until you input a change.

I should get a hold of these and give it a try. Who sells them? How are they compared to PE? Otis from South Africa was supposed to send me a set to try out and maybe be his distributor on this side of the Atlantic but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

Mitchster,
Yeah, you must've been up late at night!!! But I know deep down inside, you've got a soft spot for Yokomo and GroovyDrift. lol... When does your World Domination Drift Tour start? Remember the Featured Drifter article I was gonna do on ya? I'll send ya questions soon. You should keep a blog of your tour!!!

Anthony,
The TC3 is GONE!!! A local guy wanted to get into drifting so I sold it to him. I've got 3 Yoke chassis right now but I'm gonna dump one of them soon. I just picked up a TA05. I was trying to get a TA03f but they're just hard to get a hold of.

This thread is starting to pick up and I think traffic overall in ALL the rc drifting websites is picking up. Looks like rc drifting is here to stay.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

are you serious aries326? ahh man. well i hope everythings going well with the TA05. by any chance, do you have any parts left? hehe.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

RC DriftClub Round 1 Recap, March 31st 2007

The start of qualifying for Round 1 was delayed due to the time it took to get through signups, but once that was taken care of, qualifying began and it seemed like a lot of drivers were Active Imagetrying to adjust to an actual gate, as opposed to cones. This was also the first time we ran the track in the rear of the building as opposed to the front, but that didn't seem like it affected much, as the surface was still as consistent as the original location.

During qualifying more than a few drivers were successfully "dipping" the rear end of their cars in the gutter coming off the large sweeper into the hairpin. When it was battle time, we went through some exciting "sudden death" battles.

Class-B had some surprising runs (and possible bump-ups) with both Rudy and Gerald finishing the event with scores that would have put them in the top 3 in Class-A. We'll be keeping an eye on those two =P

----------------------

read the rest here: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/index.php...=93&Itemid=160 =)
Old 04-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthony390
are you serious aries326? ahh man. well i hope everythings going well with the TA05. by any chance, do you have any parts left? hehe.
I'm serious. I got rid of everything. Even the spare parts. Did you and your friends join the RC Drift Club drift meet?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jimmah!
where's the RCDC round01 video mayte?
looked like a bunch of goodness.
i'm hanging to rate/dump on your skills. hehehe.

can't wait until next year to meet ALL the socal crazies.

aries......bag it up you yohomo poster-boy you.
i'm yours for the questioning....and yes blog is agogo.

.w00t.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up god of rc, the all seeing eye!

anthony, in your sig is says 'first person to have an lsd in rc car'
thats a pretty rad call don't you think?
are you god?
if so, can i please have an extra penis, for freekin on the sly?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mitchsterbrau
anthony, in your sig is says 'first person to have an lsd in rc car'
thats a pretty rad call don't you think?
are you god?
if so, can i please have an extra penis, for freekin on the sly?
whoa dude, sorry but i had it it my rc since like last year, and i sure havent seen anyone else with one but have you seen anyone else have a lsd in a rc car? i didnt really mean to do it like that, but to have such a question as if you would know if i wasnt the first person. dont misunderstand me. im not on this to create problems and im sure your not either.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aries326
I'm serious. I got rid of everything. Even the spare parts. Did you and your friends join the RC Drift Club drift meet?
sorry man we didnt do anything this whole break of rc stuff. my friends havent even gotten back to their cars. i might end up going solo
Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

yeah here lately with the advent of a semi-serious girlfriend, Me getting siked for the new Halo 2 maps, and im now into snowboarding, ive sorta lost the thing for R/C. My XXX-S is covered in dust, i dont think it would run unless i put some work into it, and i more then likely will soon.

But PaZ Do you still have that Yathzee-ed out TC4 with the insane mod motor?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Red face

Originally Posted by anthony390
whoa dude, sorry but i had it it my rc since like last year, and i sure havent seen anyone else with one but have you seen anyone else have a lsd in a rc car? i didnt really mean to do it like that, but to have such a question as if you would know if i wasnt the first person. dont misunderstand me. im not on this to create problems and im sure your not either.

hey, apologies fella...i was just thinking about the original lsd setups
in buggies back in the day 82->now. [i'm quite old]
slipper clutches and the likes.
...you might be an early '4wd on-road/rc drift/LSD pioneer' though.

LSD as in a subtle mix of shoe-goo and blu-tak?
hey don't laff, it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.