Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah, i use both my TA05's for drifting.

i have one configured with some hopups ... center one-way, rear spool, trf dampers, cf damper stays, universals, stock sway bars that came with the kit (free), etc. i wont be getting any 3rd party hopups, i'd like to stay with tamiya products.

btw, the other TA05 is stock ... but it once had a front one-way just for testing purposes, i did remove it recently.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rs43evoman
... i wanna know whether you can post pics on these forums, ive never been on a forum where you couldnt, but dont know how to on this one?
you can use attachment, under 'Additional Options' on the posting page or use the 'img' tag (represent by yellow square icon with mountains) if you had your pics hosted.
Yeah it's a pretty long list of hopups, i'm sure it will be awesome once you assembled all, cheers.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

you got that thing pimped man. i know lots of guys who run TA05's for drifting
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

has anyone ever tryed drifting with rubber slicks? not hpi stage-D's or drift tires or anything. but hard belted racing slicks? i think it might eb possible if you have the power. i know i can get my yok sideways with my neo-one and im using radials. i can drift a little on them, but hardly. yall think it might be possible on just some cheap 26mm racing slicks? it would drift a lot faster than regular abs or plastic ringed drift tires. and would have more control.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good question. I've always wondered how some of the japanese guys get real smoke from drifting. Seen it on a couple of google videos.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

most of those are nitro cars, and the smoke is just the exhaust. ive noticed it too though. i think you might be able to with electric though. im gonna try it out. i think i got a new test coming up . ill let you know how it ends up.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

I've tried it with a novak bl and some ancient, really hard 40s. Didnt work well.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

im gonna find the hardest tires i can. slciks obviously. i mean i can keep my yok sideways for a little bit with my new radials, so i think i might be able to keep it ok with less grip. also have some stuff that you put on real car tires to drift easier. im gonna try that out on them and see how it does.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

i want to be able to drift more like this. a lot faster. my car keeps up with nitros at the track easy, so i think i have enough power.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...drifting&hl=en
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey, just sharing something we're doing this weekend. Free drifting, free food, maybe even free prizes:

GET YOUR DORI ON! DRIFT SESSION 1
IS ON JANUARY 27TH, FROM 12-5PM!

For anyone in SoCal area, we'd love to see you come out =)

Get all the details here:

www.rcdriftclub.com
Old 01-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys!!!
i have a question for you.

i want to order some drift parts from tower hobbies...but i have a question and I'don't understand how send to tower an e.mail for get some infos.

the yokomo drift tires zero one R (LXLTV0)....are compatible with the
rpm invader 15/spoke wheels? (LXEW48)
and also whit the proline speed 10 wheels? (LXHEN8)
proline attack (LXHEP0)
parma gangster (LXXH&1)
pegasus hobbies (LXDG72)
hpi 10 spoke sport wheels (LXAWL3)

ok it's all hehe

thanks very much!
Stefano

sorry for my bad english
Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well - I got a Xray FK'04 thats sitting on the shelf. I want to set it up for drifting on our indoor carpet track (Ozite). The carpet is laid on concrete and is very smooth (other that a few taped seams). I plan on using taped rubbers and move to Yokomo rings in I get hooked (I'm sure I will). I don't want to use ABS or PVC as I am don't want to run a chance or hurting our racing carpet.

What am I looking at for set up? Springs - Shocks angles - diff's

Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaliberX
Well - I got a Xray FK'04 thats sitting on the shelf. I want to set it up for drifting on our indoor carpet track (Ozite). The carpet is laid on concrete and is very smooth (other that a few taped seams). I plan on using taped rubbers and move to Yokomo rings in I get hooked (I'm sure I will). I don't want to use ABS or PVC as I am don't want to run a chance or hurting our racing carpet.

What am I looking at for set up? Springs - Shocks angles - diff's

Any input is appreciated.
Ask the guys over at RCDriftClub, they're quick with responses and a few of them work at a magazine too so they should know what they're talking about =)

www.rcdriftclub.com
Old 01-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

go to towerhobbies and pull up one of the items you want. when it pulls up, o nthe right hand side you will see something on the right hand side that says buy now. click that and it adds it to your shopping cart. then keep doing that till you have everything. why do you need all those wheels anyways?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default re rc drift club

I joined RCDrift club for a day, didn't like it. got out.
you get instant response but I thought they were rude.
Just because you work at a magezine doesn't give you master of the drift universe cred.

sorry about the whine, but I felt like venting somewhere. I'm sure you will have a positive experience there.

wn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.