Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Drift Thread >

The Drift Thread

The Drift Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stefano
i guys!

I'm write from italy. my question is: to drift on carpet, what kind of tires is the best? and on the asphalt?

thank's
best regards
Stefano

p.s i have buy a lotus elise sport body, a honda s2000 and a nissan 350 body. when i have paint these i put the photo on my website www.bittydesign.net
What kind of motor are you using?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

i don't have a car just for drifting, but i use my yokomo BD and at the end of the race i put on this the drift tires just for fun...
i have lrp star 5 (hehe...i think is not perfect for drifting!! )
Old 11-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

i guys!

I'm write from italy. my question is: to drift on carpet, what kind of tires is the best? and on the asphalt?

thank's
best regards
Stefano

p.s i have buy a lotus elise sport body, a honda s2000 and a nissan 350 body. when i have paint these i put the photo on my website www.bittydesign.net

Hi Stefano,

Your work is awesome, but I can't tell which one is your drift body. They ALL look so cool!!

I'm new to Drifting too. I'm trying to convert my old V-One-R into a drift kit. But I don't know what tyres to use for nirto drift. Is the HPI StageD tyres any good?? I intend to play on asphalt, can anyone help me??

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nice pics. good looking car. I took my Tamiya TA05 to the track last night and did some drifting for the first time. Just electrical taped tires and stock silvercan. Lots of fun, but it sure looks easier than it is.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by E.T.
I'm new to Drifting too. I'm trying to convert my old V-One-R into a drift kit. But I don't know what tyres to use for nirto drift. Is the HPI StageD tyres any good?? I intend to play on asphalt, can anyone help me??

Thanks.
For nitro I would suggest drift radials.

HPI, Yokomo, and Pit Shimizu all make drift radials.

But, if the HPI StageD tires are the easiest for you to find, you would probably be fine with those.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

i don't have a car just for drifting, but i use my yokomo BD and at the end of the race i put on this the drift tires just for fun...
i have lrp star 5 (hehe...i think is not perfect for drifting!! )
So, what turn motor?

If you are running around a 19t motor look into the Yokomo Zero-One "R" drift tires. Or even some ABS tires.

But, if you are running a brushless or mod turn motor then maybe look into some drift radials, you will get a little more traction over traditional drift tires so you won't be spinning out all over the place.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

i'm running with lrp star 5...a really speed bruschless motor!
iI don't understand the meaning of radials! what is radials? sorry but my english is very bad!

i'm usually drift on the carpet.
what drift tires are ok for carpet with brushless motor?

Hey ET!! thanks!! my drift body will be the lotus elise sport by hpi. i want to paint this like a F1 of 80th....the Lotus John players special.
http://www.asbjoernchristensen.dk/F1/1985-01011_RN.JPG

the nissan 350z and the s 2000 is a present for my brothers, i want to paint these in a classic drift style.
thanks Bunsincunsin for your answer!

Ciao Stefano
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Up!
Old 11-21-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Bunsincunsin
For nitro I would suggest drift radials.

HPI, Yokomo, and Pit Shimizu all make drift radials.

But, if the HPI StageD tires are the easiest for you to find, you would probably be fine with those.

Thanks Bunsincunsin,

Ok, I look for these tyres. HPI had a radials tyres, but is very HARD. Feels like PVC. I think is more for EP kits. I'll see if I can find the HPI or Pit shimizu's rubber tyres.

Stefano,

What Bunsincunsin means is tyres with lines.
Anyway, I'm going to paint myself a RX-8 Drift body. Let's post it up in the painting fourm when we are done.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

aaaaa ok ok!!!!! radials is a tire with line, like a rain tire...

thanks ET!!

ok, see you in the painting forum! hehe
Old 11-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by E.T.
Thanks Bunsincunsin,

Ok, I look for these tyres. HPI had a radials tyres, but is very HARD. Feels like PVC. I think is more for EP kits. I'll see if I can find the HPI or Pit shimizu's rubber tyres.

Well even for nitro you are going to want a harder compound tire for drifting. The drift radials are not as hard as PVC, ABS, Yokomo Zero-One, etc. But they are not as soft as regular tires/radials.

The radials allow some traction but not too much(which is what you want for high rpm drifting).
Old 11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi drifterzz

anyone drift TB02 before? what motor and gear ratio did you use?

thankz
Old 11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Okay sooo to you guys i may sound like and idiot. i am 17 years old and i have been looking around at this r/c drift racing... I have seen it in real life but have never done it... I am planning on getting really into it cause it looks soo fun and a few of my friends do it. I am starting with nothing. I would like to know what you guys recommend, Nitro or Electric? I also want to buy a ready too run Rc car. I prefer Electric but doesnt have too be. I want ready to run including radio too.. any good packages or anything out there. thanks sam
Old 11-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I prefer electric, I've never messed with nitro, but I know it's loud and can get messy. As far as the ready to run kits, the popular one I hear about is the TT-01. towerhobbies has many of these with some good promo codes. Worth checking out. They have the TT-01 Drift spec kit too.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by samcook90
Okay sooo to you guys i may sound like and idiot. i am 17 years old and i have been looking around at this r/c drift racing... I have seen it in real life but have never done it... I am planning on getting really into it cause it looks soo fun and a few of my friends do it. I am starting with nothing. I would like to know what you guys recommend, Nitro or Electric? I also want to buy a ready too run Rc car. I prefer Electric but doesnt have too be. I want ready to run including radio too.. any good packages or anything out there. thanks sam
I would deffinatley go with electric.

But as far as RTR's go you don't have much of a selection. I know of a couple that you might want to check out....

HPI Sprint 2:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCT1&P=0

Tamiya TT-01:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNUD2&P=0

You would also need a set of drift tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.