WIP - Rotary Power RX-7
Alright, fellas, this is the next shell I'm doing - the Rotary Power RX-7. As promised, this one will have a complete WIP step-by-step log. This project wouldn't be possible without Oski's expertise in CAD software or Fozz18s expertise in vinyl decals.
1) With help from my expert CAD designer friend, Oski, the tribal lines from the Rotary Power RX-7 were isolated.
2) The mask will be resized in CorelDraw printed on regular paper and put up against the shell to see if the size and scale is correct.
3)Next step, the tribal lines will be printed on Parma Blank Masking Sheet.
4) Mask printed on the WHITE side of the Parma Blank Masking paper
5) Shell's inside is cleaned with mild soap and warm water to remove any oil and fingerprints. Now it's time to cut the mask and apply to the inside of the shell.
6) Mask was printed but the hood was not resized. I had to print the masks at my cousin's house so the hood is off a little bit but still captures the essence of the car. Mask applied to inside of the car. Now it's ready for some paint.
7) I've finished painting the shell with several coats of Pactra Candy Red backed with SpazStiz Chrome. Right now it has a red anondized look to it. I'll wait a few days for the chrome to cure and in the meantime, I have to decide what to use to back it up with. I have several test pieces of lexan that I can test it out with.