Old 12-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
what motor would be better?
a 19/stock/bl/or mod?

most people i know use stocks
but the other half use 19's

so wich one is better?

it all depends on your drifting style, chassis, gear ratio, and many other unknown variables so i cant really anwer that question but i would go for 19turn if you need longer drifts and stock for smaller drifts but i would pretty much never run modified unless i get more grip for drifting
Old 12-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

what motor would be better?
a 19/stock/bl/or mod?

most people i know use stocks
but the other half use 19's

so wich one is better?
When I first started drifting, most people were telling me to go with a stock motor like a P2K2 Pro or a Monster. Now, people are starting to find that 19T Quad Mag motors are pretty good too - faster drifting with enough torque.

Don't go with a modified motor. You'll just be eating up your runtime. Plus those motors don't have enough torque.

I started off with a P2K2 Pro but I've moved onto a SuperSport 5800 brushless system. It just makes more sense to go brushless. No need for cutting comms or replacing springs and brushes. In the long run, you save alot of money.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aries326
When I first started drifting, most people were telling me to go with a stock motor like a P2K2 Pro or a Monster. Now, people are starting to find that 19T Quad Mag motors are pretty good too - faster drifting with enough torque.

Don't go with a modified motor. You'll just be eating up your runtime. Plus those motors don't have enough torque.

I started off with a P2K2 Pro but I've moved onto a SuperSport 5800 brushless system. It just makes more sense to go brushless. No need for cutting comms or replacing springs and brushes. In the long run, you save alot of money.
yo henry

got my PM
Old 12-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

what bodie does everyone run?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

what bodie does everyone run?
any car body that you want but most people use rwd car bodies and thats what i do
Old 12-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by anthony390
any car body that you want but most people use rwd car bodies and thats what i do
yeah i knew that but i mean pics of what your running
and other things such as neon etc.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i knew that but i mean pics of what your running
and other things such as neon etc.
OHHH sorry

so yea most people put blinkers, high beams and other lights(headlight and tail lamps... forget about the poser street racing style such as neon and speaker systems(fast& furous is POSER)

so yea but lets hear what other peple have to say
Old 12-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not really intrested in drifting but im looking for info.

We have a indoor carpet track and there has been alot of drift intrest outside of our club. Probably 10 guys that hit the parking lots and other areas..

I would like to invite them to our indoor track to help our club grow as well as give them an oportunity to grow there drifting group. We have a huge indoor track thats available to them 7 days a week.

The question is what tires should we recomend they get to drift on carpet? And what initial setup changes should they make to there cars? Suggestions for motors?

PVC and ABS tires are not an option as they can damage the carpet if they hit boards and nik the edge of the abs/pvc tire. Also the club concensus is the track will only allow foam or rubber tires. YOKOMO rubber with rings is allowed since the sidewalls are rubber. and its thought they would be save on carpet

Really looking for input from guys that actually drift on carpet. Not suggestions as i already have a suggestions as to what might work but i really am looking for what will work. THANKS
Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
I'm not really intrested in drifting but im looking for info.

We have a indoor carpet track and there has been alot of drift intrest outside of our club. Probably 10 guys that hit the parking lots and other areas..

I would like to invite them to our indoor track to help our club grow as well as give them an oportunity to grow there drifting group. We have a huge indoor track thats available to them 7 days a week.

The question is what tires should we recomend they get to drift on carpet? And what initial setup changes should they make to there cars? Suggestions for motors?

PVC and ABS tires are not an option as they can damage the carpet if they hit boards and nik the edge of the abs/pvc tire. Also the club concensus is the track will only allow foam or rubber tires. YOKOMO rubber with rings is allowed since the sidewalls are rubber. and its thought they would be save on carpet

Really looking for input from guys that actually drift on carpet. Not suggestions as i already have a suggestions as to what might work but i really am looking for what will work. THANKS
i dont drift carpet but i have before and i would drift either the yokomo drift tires or taped rubber tires and set the chambers to only 1 degree or 0 degree for either the front or rear as for toes all 0 or as close you can get them to
Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

I would also reccomend taped tires.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:01 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

this is my TC3 with the RX-7 shell yokomo twin exhausts and yokomo 5 spoke drifts im gettin the Apex D1 RX-7 soon the white one with hopfully white under body neons and full head and tail light kit
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-drift-tc3.jpg   The Drift Thread-eggys.jpg  
Old 12-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaZ
this is my TC3 with the RX-7 shell yokomo twin exhausts and yokomo 5 spoke drifts im gettin the Apex D1 RX-7 soon the white one with hopfully white under body neons and full head and tail light kit
the wing in the rear pic... how come its all bent?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

thats spooky cause its perfectly straight i just checked
Old 12-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaZ
thats spooky cause its perfectly straight i just checked
CRAZY
LOL

maybe its the camera angle or somthing

LOL
Old 12-27-2005, 12:27 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

spookay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.