R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #241
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidude
Short clip of me playing the fool with my TC3.

click here

r u running both open diffs? or a spool in the back and open in the front?

also are u running the exact same drift tires front and back?

fixing any of the following combinations will improve your drift angle to a much smoother performace and also a longer drift can be obtained

it looks like either your servo is slow or your rear suspension is way to stiff comparred to the front or simply the servo bieng slow and the rear having too much wieght which is causing the rear to swing way to fast end ending your car up at a higher angle than it being perpenducular or a smaller angle
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:16 AM   #242
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony390
r u running both open diffs? or a spool in the back and open in the front?

also are u running the exact same drift tires front and back?

fixing any of the following combinations will improve your drift angle to a much smoother performace and also a longer drift can be obtained

it looks like either your servo is slow or your rear suspension is way to stiff comparred to the front or simply the servo bieng slow and the rear having too much wieght which is causing the rear to swing way to fast end ending your car up at a higher angle than it being perpenducular or a smaller angle
The car hasnt really been setup for drift.

Open diffs front and back....running Yoko Zero's front and back... started rebuilding the rear sus so it is stiffer than the front.. the car is a work in progress... plus the servo mount is a tad loose

It was an old TC3 chassis that I had lying around, that I decided to start to convert to a drift car. But she does get some pretty mad angles
spidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:02 AM   #243
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidude
The car hasnt really been setup for drift.

Open diffs front and back....running Yoko Zero's front and back... started rebuilding the rear sus so it is stiffer than the front.. the car is a work in progress... plus the servo mount is a tad loose

It was an old TC3 chassis that I had lying around, that I decided to start to convert to a drift car. But she does get some pretty mad angles
Tighten up those diffs front and back and have the front slightly looser than the front. Take the two softest springs in your parts box and put the stiffer one in the rear. If you want to go all out, change the oil in your shocks to 10wt and buy yokomo titanium spec d springs soft and medium but they are $15 a pair. You're better off going with your Associated shocks. Go with Green in the front and Silver in the rear.

Go 0 camber all around, 3 degrees toe in rear, no toe in front. Because caster, your ABS will wear out in a way where it will end up with camber.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #244
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326
Tighten up those diffs front and back and have the front slightly looser than the front. Take the two softest springs in your parts box and put the stiffer one in the rear. If you want to go all out, change the oil in your shocks to 10wt and buy yokomo titanium spec d springs soft and medium but they are $15 a pair. You're better off going with your Associated shocks. Go with Green in the front and Silver in the rear.

Go 0 camber all around, 3 degrees toe in rear, no toe in front. Because caster, your ABS will wear out in a way where it will end up with camber.
WOW henry you learned alot well yea ill let henry(aries326) handle this one

good job!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #245
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to thedudeaturdoor

anothy here is what u need

it covers the spur and pinion, and i hope u have the bottom piece

and can we hace some pics of the screwd up xxx-s?!?!?!

http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA4209
thedudeaturdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:14 PM   #246
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
anothy here is what u need

it covers the spur and pinion, and i hope u have the bottom piece

and can we hace some pics of the screwd up xxx-s?!?!?!

http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA4209

actually i do have the cover, bottom plate, and the gear mesh plug...i took t off for reasons

its not dirt that screwed up my drive train it was the glitching that caused my belt to sqweez the sup and tension arm and then melting in that area

well yea sorry about not having some pics but after i took those pics of my xxx-s (before it got messed up) i gave my camera to my friend to borrow

well yea do u still want me to explain the braces?

ok since you have the xxx-s rtr (just like me)...if you put your hands on the shock towers (one hand on the rear and one in the front) and twist the chassis...there is alot of Torsional Flex (chassis flex) right?

well i made these braces for my rear of my rtr xxx-s because it decreased the Torsional Flex of the rear of the car...and since i decided to run both blue springs in the front and rear as well as my diffs being the same tightness...i used the braces instead of changing those

so i made the chassis stiffer in the rear so i can obtain alittle more angle and a long sweeping drift without worrying about my car understeering during the turn in
Old 02-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #247
Tech Regular

yeah, for the heck of it i run 30 in the front and 35 in the rear (lbs.) but im prob gona take my step-dads two softest springs, and some 20 wt oil, and i should have some freash tires on monday

and when u get a chance can u take pics,

and im gona try that with my car
Old 02-16-2006, 05:17 AM   #248
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony390
WOW henry you learned alot well yea ill let henry(aries326) handle this one

good job!
I had a good teacher!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #249
Tech Regular

man most of you guys live in so-cal right?

i was thinking that someone should try to contact HIN (hot Import Nigts) and do a show for them, (with your call all nice with neon, headligts, crazy paint, i mean go all out)

then people there who like drifting and tuner cars would be like "I WANT ONE!" that would deff. be a hit, and would get people who do 1/1 drifting in to R/C cars

just a though, sence they were coming to Washington D.C i was going to contact them, but then mum said i could not go b/c itss a 2 hour drive in D.C. traffic
Old 02-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #250
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
man most of you guys live in so-cal right?

i was thinking that someone should try to contact HIN (hot Import Nigts) and do a show for them, (with your call all nice with neon, headligts, crazy paint, i mean go all out)

then people there who like drifting and tuner cars would be like "I WANT ONE!" that would deff. be a hit, and would get people who do 1/1 drifting in to R/C cars

just a though, sence they were coming to Washington D.C i was going to contact them, but then mum said i could not go b/c itss a 2 hour drive in D.C. traffic

ya except not really HIN but i go to some drift meets and the drag strips up in Caralsbad but thats pretty much as far as i go...soon enough ill have to charge people for looking at my car drifting SO FAST
Old 02-19-2006, 11:16 AM   #251
Tech Apprentice

This may sound dumb, but it seem some people have drift tyres on the front nad rear, others just rear??? I have been doing just rear with tape, but have ordered some yokos for the rear.
oakesy2001uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #252
PaZ
Tech Master

Wink

from past experience with playing with combos just having 1 drift tyre on can make a massive difference, i tried all 4 drift well ya u just drift lol , 2 front drift i had massive under steer cause the fronts were just sliding, 2 rear it just span uncontrollably as soon as you touch the throttle, 1 on front 1 rear on the same side just span round again as soon as u turned lol if your gonna drift id reccomend all 4 also it looks better havin 4 matching rims if you like so show off when your driftin like i do blingin shell bling bling wheels all i need now is the neons and light kit which is cummin

also as ur from the uk check out the drift thread on www.uk-rc.net click forum on the left hand side and its alll there me and me drift buddhay will help with all your drift needs
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #253
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakesy2001uk
This may sound dumb, but it seem some people have drift tyres on the front nad rear, others just rear??? I have been doing just rear with tape, but have ordered some yokos for the rear.

yea i think your car will experience way less traction in the rear because of the yokomos compared to taped tires...if your gonna just keep any kind of drift tires in the rear i would just get some hpi stage d tires to minimize the gap of traction between the two (front and rear) so your car can have better stability ...itll be harder to snap traction with the hpi stage d tires so i would get around a 11 turn motor

but i would also recommend all 4 to be drift tires just as paz said
Old 02-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #254
Tech Apprentice

ok, now got 4 yoko's, just spent 40 on 2 sets of wheels and tyres
Old 02-20-2006, 05:26 AM   #255
Tech Apprentice

further to the above, my shop has no stock on the drift tyres, so I'm going to not waste any more money and buy some pipe. So B&Q it is. Do I need 2" drainpipe? I dont have my wheels with me so cant measure. Also should i put tape on the rim before glueing or not?