R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #2356
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Looks awesome Vroomin!

You should post that on Driftmission. Your nitro drifter wold get alot of attention
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #2357
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i knew I would find the drift thread. Just got me something I can learn to drift with. Right now its a bone stock TT-01E with some drift tires. 15T brushed motor from an RTR short course and a basic TX/RC combo. Running on 2S lipo packs.

Just got some drift tires tonight. Some HPI T-Drift tires cause thats all they add at the LHS and ran through half a pack. Shit this is hard to do. I thought, oh so just pull the trigger a few times and go sideways. Yeah, that didnt work so well. Guess I know what Ill be working on during my lunch break at work.
JoeFkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #2358
Tech Fanatic
 
H0LESH0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone seen 1/8 GT's drift?
H0LESH0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #2359
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFkling View Post
i knew I would find the drift thread. Just got me something I can learn to drift with. Right now its a bone stock TT-01E with some drift tires. 15T brushed motor from an RTR short course and a basic TX/RC combo. Running on 2S lipo packs.

Just got some drift tires tonight. Some HPI T-Drift tires cause thats all they add at the LHS and ran through half a pack. Shit this is hard to do. I thought, oh so just pull the trigger a few times and go sideways. Yeah, that didnt work so well. Guess I know what Ill be working on during my lunch break at work.
This is how I learned to drift. All the shi7 I've seen about doing donuts and figure 8's doidn't mean shi7 once I was able to drive at a track, it a completely different ballgame. LOL, boy did I look stupid with my 60% CS Gold Edition VDF. I couldn't even make it to the first corner! Looked so easy on youtube!
But once I learned throttle control suddenly it got easier. It got even easier once I learned throttle control in combination with steering input.
Moral of the story, doing donuts and powerslides in a parking lot is one thing. Doing a controlled, neat, and stylish drift on a track is something else. A high end chassis will never beat practice.
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #2360
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

there is a track that does stuff wed night near my work and I have been thinking of checking it out. I just dont want to look like a complete dumbass. Im generally an offroad guy so onroad and drifting are totally new to me.
JoeFkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #2361
Tech Fanatic
 
H0LESH0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
This is how I learned to drift. All the shi7 I've seen about doing donuts and figure 8's doidn't mean shi7 once I was able to drive at a track, it a completely different ballgame. LOL, boy did I look stupid with my 60% CS Gold Edition VDF. I couldn't even make it to the first corner! Looked so easy on youtube!
But once I learned throttle control suddenly it got easier. It got even easier once I learned throttle control in combination with steering input.
Moral of the story, doing donuts and powerslides in a parking lot is one thing. Doing a controlled, neat, and stylish drift on a track is something else. A high end chassis will never beat practice.
At 1st I just used some garden hose in my garage to setup a little track to get the hang of it and then local school/shop car parks. Drifting is great for throttle control
H0LESH0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #2362
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFkling View Post
there is a track that does stuff wed night near my work and I have been thinking of checking it out. I just dont want to look like a complete dumbass. Im generally an offroad guy so onroad and drifting are totally new to me.
So far, every track I've been to has been nothing but helpful. The smart guys know that they need to help the next guy to keep their hobby alive. If it's a bunch of snobbish pricks then that's their problem not yours.
Which leads me to my rant of racers not letting drifters use the track. Or forums not giving a proper drift section lol.

Those little garage tracks made of garden hose (and whatever else happens to be on hand lol) really work wonders. Having small narrow lanes really worked my focus and control. Loved it!
The best one was the living room track we had set up. Nicely soothing since it was lit up by the fish aquariums and was great since you can sit there all day in comfort.
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #2363
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 4,003
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Looks awesome Vroomin!

You should post that on Driftmission. Your nitro drifter wold get alot of attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFkling View Post
i knew I would find the drift thread. Just got me something I can learn to drift with. Right now its a bone stock TT-01E with some drift tires. 15T brushed motor from an RTR short course and a basic TX/RC combo. Running on 2S lipo packs.
Just got some drift tires tonight. Some HPI T-Drift tires cause thats all they add at the LHS and ran through half a pack. Shit this is hard to do. I thought, oh so just pull the trigger a few times and go sideways. Yeah, that didnt work so well. Guess I know what Ill be working on during my lunch break at work.
it is alooot harder to do than most ppl thank...they be like heck I can do that, I'm like "20$ says u can't" and they try and I'm like na I ain't gonna take ur money cause I knew u couldn't hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LESH0T View Post
Anyone seen 1/8 GT's drift?
those are awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
So far, every track I've been to has been nothing but helpful. The smart guys know that they need to help the next guy to keep their hobby alive. If it's a bunch of snobbish pricks then that's their problem not yours.
Which leads me to my rant of racers not letting drifters use the track. Or forums not giving a proper drift section lol.

Those little garage tracks made of garden hose (and whatever else happens to be on hand lol) really work wonders. Having small narrow lanes really worked my focus and control. Loved it!
The best one was the living room track we had set up. Nicely soothing since it was lit up by the fish aquariums and was great since you can sit there all day in comfort.
Heck yeah man,i used to do drifting in my living room haha, on carpet, it's where I learned heehee
theblitzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #2364
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

so i love to build and tweak so let the hop-ups begin! Ill probably go through a bunch of parts before I settle, but its part of my learning process. Stopped into a LHS I hadnt hit up yet and to my surprise they had Tamiya parts so I decided to spend a few bucks. These re all Tamiya Hop-ups for now. Adjustable turnbuckles, upper camber adjustable mounts, aluminum propeller shaft and swapped out the plastic gear slow servo for a faster Spektrum S6010 that was on sale. Still not super fast but faster than what I had and has metal gears and is digital vs analog. So overall a few fun things to play with and learn with. I have still yet to paint the body but hopefully that will come this week. I also cleaned up the wiring quite a bit and cleaned up much of the dirt it has collected. It was pretty nasty before.



here is my much cleaned up wiring
Before:
After:
JoeFkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #2365
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

There's so much out there for the TT-01 it's crazy. Have you ever looked at any of the Eagle drift stuff for the TT-01, they make some decent stuff.

There's some conversions out there that allow your to get rid of the suspension slop as well as lower the CG or the car. Usually I'm one to say you'r better off buying a better chassis for the amount of money you end up dumping into the tt01 but I have to admit as a Tamiya fanboy I'd love to get one and just get ridiculous.

Eagle TT01 thread



Check out Driftmission, it's alot better than this "thread"
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #2366
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

yup, been looking at the eagle stuff and I am also on driftmission. Reading a bunch over there. Yesterdays shopping was spur of the moment. Just got a little excited that a LHS actually had stuff. Most of them around here dont carry any Tamiya at all.
JoeFkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #2367
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Speaking of Tamiya, I'm visiting the Philippines right now and my friend took me to this hobby shop. Holy shi7 that place is Tamiya fanboy heaven!!!!

Its a smallish shop but its really tight in there because it's literally packed wall to wall with mostly Tamiya stuff! The parts cabinet alone is drool worthy. All the pretty blue Tamiya stuff you ever wanted for any chassis is almost guaranteed to be there.


I'm so used to US hobby shops stocking some like control arms for a TT01, C-hubs for a TA05 and that's it. This place, wow.
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #2368
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 51
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

glad to see this "thread" has picked up a little!!

Chiefy I joined over on driftmission ! thanks man

I am really stuck on what to do with my TT01's right now.
Vroomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #2369
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 4,003
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomin View Post
glad to see this "thread" has picked up a little!!

Chiefy I joined over on driftmission ! thanks man

I am really stuck on what to do with my TT01's right now.
Yeah it has...and i seen ya over there man, that place is kewl lol
I got new drift tires today, and I will be working on that new skyline body today so I'll post some before and after pics

Last edited by theblitzkidd; 04-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.
theblitzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #2370
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Body is masked and getting ready for paint. Didnt have any black paint but I had some german gray brush stuff. Not sure how its gonna come out but the wife is the brush queen so she is applying that before I spray in the blue. First RC body painting so we will see how this goes.
JoeFkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sg Official Drift Thread!!! AndrewJCH Singapore R/C Racers 188 08-05-2011 09:02 AM
Official Drift Thread Ginsu Electric On-Road 8 10-23-2007 02:36 AM
official drift thread streetracer745 Electric On-Road 3 10-24-2006 09:07 PM
The Official Drift Thread anthony390 Nitro On-Road 0 12-25-2005 10:46 PM
The Official xxx-nt thread rushdude Electric Off-Road 1 09-24-2003 03:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net