Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nos4you
All the cars are MST on the video.
Pro, fs, and Vip's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWWRf...ature=youtu.be
this is a great clip of what these cars can do...yeah...that's great...but...how does this help people get into drifting?...

again...what's the point of this thread?...

ok..i'll stop asking stupid questions...thank you...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

The way you expect to be spoon fed, you can happily remain an "idiot". That "kid" with a racing outfit is actually a 1:1 drift champ Dai Yoshihara.
Originally Posted by IvVaum
just looked up what an e10 s13 is...sometimes...u guys speak some of the weirdest languages ever...

HPI E10 drift car...got it...was on their site and they have a video of some japanese kid wearing a supposed fire proof "racing" outfit...i'm going like...wtf...he's a freaking RC driver...that was kinda lame...but of course...i didn't watch the clip so....watever....

i'm one of those idiots who has to have at least something unique and different about his car...and that hpi e10 just doesn't make me go wow...i'm sure it's quite a capable car...but it seems hpi is going the way of traxxas...make it cheap and make it for the masses...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IvVaum
this is a great clip of what these cars can do...yeah...that's great...but...how does this help people get into drifting?...

again...what's the point of this thread?...

ok..i'll stop asking stupid questions...thank you...
You're a tard. Point of this thread is that there is no drifting section which is why this exists. If you don't want to see drifting stuff don't come in. Easy enough? Yes your questions are stupid but you already knew that.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP!!! my car is stalling!!

Hi guys I bought my first electric RC car about 2 years ago.
Its a Heng Long brand. Model is HL518. My car has not given
me any problems except having to buy a new ESC in August
2012 because my old one blew up (literally).

Recently, my car has been stalling everytime i run it. It
runs normally for about 30 minutes and then it starts
stalling everytime i press the throttle. My battery usually
can last for about 40 min. I can still steer the wheels but
not the speed, so its not the receivers problem.

However, after waiting for about 5 minutes, my car can
still run at full throttle (wheels not touching the ground)
for about 1 min, then it stalls again. After another 5
minutes wait, it is able to run on full throttle for about 1
min again. It keeps repeating until my battery dies.

My ESC is from Hobbywing.

Can anyone help me or tell me what i should do to bring it
back to normal? I live in SG btw
Old 12-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Rookie

All the cars are MST on the video.
Pro, fs, and Vip's
This is a good vid. my questions is how do i get my s2d to drive like this? I havent done any real work to it yet (being i just picked it up a week ago) I did put a locking rear gear in it but it didnt help much with the lack of handeling. any help would be great. thanks.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajbardo
This is a good vid. my questions is how do i get my s2d to drive like this? I havent done any real work to it yet (being i just picked it up a week ago) I did put a locking rear gear in it but it didnt help much with the lack of handeling. any help would be great. thanks.
It really depends on drifting surface. Tires probably makes the biggest difference but really depends on surface. HPI T drifts is a big favorite. You're on the right track with locking your rear and a front one way can help too if you know how to use it. Best thing to do is go to your local track and im sure there will be people that can help you.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

It really depends on drifting surface. Tires probably makes the biggest difference but really depends on surface. HPI T drifts is a big favorite. You're on the right track with locking your rear and a front one way can help too if you know how to use it. Best thing to do is go to your local track and im sure there will be people that can help you.
One of my problems is I don't have a drift track near me. I guess its not big on the east coast. 95% of my drifting is on pavement.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your battery is flat bud! I think your voltage cut-off is setting in, so when that happens its time to recharge! And if you keep on doing that you will destroy that battery!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pikachu007
Hi guys I bought my first electric RC car about 2 years ago.
Its a Heng Long brand. Model is HL518. My car has not given
me any problems except having to buy a new ESC in August
2012 because my old one blew up (literally).

Recently, my car has been stalling everytime i run it. It
runs normally for about 30 minutes and then it starts
stalling everytime i press the throttle. My battery usually
can last for about 40 min. I can still steer the wheels but
not the speed, so its not the receivers problem.

However, after waiting for about 5 minutes, my car can
still run at full throttle (wheels not touching the ground)
for about 1 min, then it stalls again. After another 5
minutes wait, it is able to run on full throttle for about 1
min again. It keeps repeating until my battery dies.

My ESC is from Hobbywing.

Can anyone help me or tell me what i should do to bring it
back to normal? I live in SG btw
Your battery is flat bud! I think your voltage cut-off is setting in, so when that happens its time to recharge! And if you keep on doing that you will destroy that battery!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajbardo
One of my problems is I don't have a drift track near me. I guess its not big on the east coast. 95% of my drifting is on pavement.
Where you at on the east coast? There's drift clubs everywhere its taking me awhile but I know of some of the bigger groups. It's hard to find drifters out there but were ou there. Good luck on the search!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by benTC5
But my battery used to be able to last longer..... and i know battery life will detororiate over time but it shortens slowly..... mjne just happened suddenly.....
Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Badcompny44
Where you at on the east coast? There's drift clubs everywhere its taking me awhile but I know of some of the bigger groups. It's hard to find drifters out there but were ou there. Good luck on the search!
Pennsylvania. When I got to the hobby store, they look at me like i have 3 heads cause I have a on road drift car and not a buggy or a truck. I like the drift When Im working (Im a over the road truck driver) and Im parked I have all kind of room to run around in the parking lots. I would like to meet some other drifters so I can ge some tips and tricks to make it handle better.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Rookie

since im here. what kind of motor are you guys useing? and what is the difference in sensored and sl and whitch one is better for drift? Any tips for making the hpi s2d a better drifter?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pikachu007
But my battery used to be able to last longer..... and i know battery life will detororiate over time but it shortens slowly..... mjne just happened suddenly.....
You probably have a dead cell which can occur very quickly and results in a sudden drop in power...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.