R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #2191
Tech Regular

hey guys im sure this has been covered in this thread, but ill be honest, im too lazy and in the wrong mood to read through 146 pages to look for it.

so whats everyones method for mounting hpi t-drift tires? ive tried the boiling water trick, im still having a heck of a time with them. the first set i did almost a year ago turned to garbage, now im doing another set. i managed to get 2 mounted ok, but thats when the issues set in. i boiled more water, let the tires soak, and i just couldnt get the tires on. i managed to get one on, however it pealed the chrome off the lip of the wheel. the other one didnt go any better, chrome pealed right off and i managed to tweak the wheel bad enough where its not useable.

so whats the easy way to get these things mounted without pealing the finish off the rims?
Sharkey_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #2192
Tech Initiate

I've never had a problem with boiling and mounting. Boil 1 tire at a time for 30 seconds, put the tire on a flat surface and push the rim down. Sometimes you gotta pick it up and push the tire in the rest of the way with your fingers and thumbs, not that hard though. Try putting your rims in the freezer before mounting, it can make things easier too.
GenkiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #2193
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have a sakura zero s that I got to run VTA, but I am sticking with my xray. I race sedan but have never drifted. It looks like gum to mess around with. Since I have that sakura zero s would it work as a drifter? I know nothing about drift cars. I saw some are a front mounted motor, but the sakura zero is not. Will it even work? What is needed to build a drift car.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #2194
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
I have a sakura zero s that I got to run VTA, but I am sticking with my xray. I race sedan but have never drifted. It looks like gum to mess around with. Since I have that sakura zero s would it work as a drifter? I know nothing about drift cars. I saw some are a front mounted motor, but the sakura zero is not. Will it even work? What is needed to build a drift car.
It will work, lots of people use the sakura zero to drift. All you need is a locked rear diff and a front oneway or front diff (not locked but not slipping) and drift tires
nolo148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #2195
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Send a message via AIM to TRYMY4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo148 View Post
do you have a front oneway? If so then perhaps you may have 100% drag brake making the rear tires lock up as soon as u let go of the throttle?
I didn't have the brakes set up for drag. I always set mine with instant power when drifting. I sold it already, time to move to the next.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #2196
Tech Adept

Any of you guys in Arizona? Looking for people out here to drift with...no luck yet...
Tires:HPI T-drift 26mm
Body:HPI 1/10 Gen 2 Mitsubishi Eclipse
GTRdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #2197
Tech Rookie

hey guys, im looking to get a new motor atm i have HW 21.5 from a friend, ive been reading different forums and its hard to find out what brand i should get. theres novak, dualsky, hobbywing and some other ones i cant remember. ill be starting to go racing soon but need to practices with motor and some say 7+ turn motor be alright.

i got a yokomo drb
choomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #2198
Team Tekin

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey_t View Post
hey guys im sure this has been covered in this thread, but ill be honest, im too lazy and in the wrong mood to read through 146 pages to look for it.

so whats everyones method for mounting hpi t-drift tires? ive tried the boiling water trick, im still having a heck of a time with them. the first set i did almost a year ago turned to garbage, now im doing another set. i managed to get 2 mounted ok, but thats when the issues set in. i boiled more water, let the tires soak, and i just couldnt get the tires on. i managed to get one on, however it pealed the chrome off the lip of the wheel. the other one didnt go any better, chrome pealed right off and i managed to tweak the wheel bad enough where its not useable.

so whats the easy way to get these things mounted without pealing the finish off the rims?
I use this method it works well and is very fast.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #2199
Tech Adept

Are you heating up the tires or the wheels?
Heat up a pot of water to boil and dunk the tires for 3-5 seconds and pop the tires onto the wheel. It's really self explanatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey_t View Post

TubOLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #2200
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey What brushless systems are you folks running? Im running a sensorless ezrun 13t, as well as a sensored xerun w/9t motor. Just looking for something different like the new speed passion system. anyone using this?
rudeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #2201
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am getting back into the game. I want to build a drift car that I can run indoors and outdoors. The CS thigs really intruiges me, When i used to do RC drifting we didnt have that...BUT, I want a car i can also drive with rubber tires. So basically, i am looking for a RC touring car that I can drift 75% of the tiem and drive with soft rubber tires the other 25%.

My budget is 300.00 MAX.

I already have a body, wheels, tires, reciever and ESC. BUT, would like a kit that has a reciever and ESC.... but its not a dealbreaker.

I am not opposed to buying a RTR either. My wife told me she would spend 300 on me for Xmas... So 300 is my limit.

What is a good tamiya car?
Im also looking at a HPI sprint 2 Flux... what are your opinions on that?

Again, i want a car that i will drift 75% of the tine and racign in aorkign lots with rubber tires 25% of the time....
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #2202
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
I am getting back into the game. I want to build a drift car that I can run indoors and outdoors. The CS thigs really intruiges me, When i used to do RC drifting we didnt have that...BUT, I want a car i can also drive with rubber tires. So basically, i am looking for a RC touring car that I can drift 75% of the tiem and drive with soft rubber tires the other 25%.

My budget is 300.00 MAX.

I already have a body, wheels, tires, reciever and ESC. BUT, would like a kit that has a reciever and ESC.... but its not a dealbreaker.

I am not opposed to buying a RTR either. My wife told me she would spend 300 on me for Xmas... So 300 is my limit.

What is a good tamiya car?
Im also looking at a HPI sprint 2 Flux... what are your opinions on that?

Again, i want a car that i will drift 75% of the tine and racign in aorkign lots with rubber tires 25% of the time....
I have this for sale, makes a great drifter, but can be run with stickies as well.
FS HPI Sprint RTR CHEAP!!!
facebook.com/atldk, facebook.com/bodyjuice, facebook.com/darkslyders
redbeard87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #2203
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Dylan14

Hey guys. What is a good rtr drifter? I want good performance as well as reliability. I have searched the net so much but haven't really got far.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #2204
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan14 View Post
Hey guys. What is a good rtr drifter? I want good performance as well as reliability. I have searched the net so much but haven't really got far.

Thanks in advance.
i have 17 drift cars and out of all them my (MST) are the best that is why i am a dealer for mst

rc-mst.com

mst ms-01 rtr is the best rtr out there
http://rc-mst.com/product_detail.php?tb=0&lang=eng&id=5
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #2205
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan14 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Bang for your buck...you cant beat this http://www.nitrorcx.com/03c806-driftking-sk-green.html ...I have this exact car and its amazing!!

Comes RTR has a 22T brushed motor, 2.4ghz radio system, shaft drive, oil filled shocks, 2000 mah nimh battery. They also sell a brushless version for a little more dough. Hope this was helpful.
Tires:HPI T-drift 26mm
Body:HPI 1/10 Gen 2 Mitsubishi Eclipse
GTRdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote