R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #2056
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post
I'm more of a parking lot drifter so the tracks are only as big as I want to make them..lol Honestly I am planning on a 9T but found a great deal on a 17.5T with esc and lipos and since I need everything it would get me started by saving me money..
Go with a 17.5 then, it'll be plenty fun for parking lot bashing. You can always go for that 9t in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
That's great to hear! So am I worrying over nothing for the whole uncensored cogging hoopla?
I know of a few locals that run uncensored, and they drift just fine. I also read that castle creation motors run a lot smoother than most uncensored systems. You should be fine running it for drift.
GenkiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #2057
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Sweet. That gives me peace of mind
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #2058
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 34
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxnut View Post
hay guys this is my first post on rcteck so i will try not to seem bumb but i have a bunch of parts for my tc3 that is a nitro right now but i might make it E depending on how well i get it to drift so what im asking is what do i need to do to make it a CS and how do i lock the back axle and were can i find front one ways for it....

question #2 i have a zero s roller for my brother what gears do i need to set it up with CS like a 75% or 130% thanks guys a bunch
I drift a tc3 weekly along with an ota, and sprint2. Its the smoothest car I have driven at my track. Everyone just loves driving my tc3.
There isnt enough steering in it to be able to use the full stage 1 yokomo 1.4cs (spur/pinion) kit. Dont bother. Plus nearly impossible to find unless you can read japanese. I use the yokomo 20T pinion only with stock 40T spur at 125cs it feels pretty nice. You can find them on on some asian sites like genki
For a one-way use the center shaft oneway input cup. Found mine on eby. $30
To lock the rear make some diff rings from a cereal box and cinch the diff down.
Use 4 deg castor blocks with 2 deg kickup

Honestly the cs isnt needed but the ow is crucial on this car especially for switchbacks. Hope this helps.
onroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #2059
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 140
Default

Only thing uncensored I like is porn. Keep it sensored for better low range throttle response. People who always stay on mid to full throttle wouldn't really notice too much difference. 17.5 isn't bad at all for CS, but it all depends on what other people are running too. It's much easier to tandem with similar powered cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenkiRF View Post
I know of a few locals that run uncensored, and they drift just fine. I also read that castle creation motors run a lot smoother than most uncensored systems. You should be fine running it for drift.
TubOLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #2060
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 34
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenkiRF View Post
Go with a 17.5 then, it'll be plenty fun for parking lot bashing. You can always go for that 9t in the future!



I know of a few locals that run uncensored, and they drift just fine. I also read that castle creation motors run a lot smoother than most uncensored systems. You should be fine running it for drift.
I run a 17.5 (censored) lol on 3s 45A esc. Battery lasts a very very long time due to higher voltage and lower amps. FDRd between 6-8

And on an ota cs at 1.49. Any more cs and its too much for my ability to drive. rwd is always fun/frustrating practice

Last edited by onroadie; 08-30-2012 at 04:37 PM.
onroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #2061
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Hahaha woops. Unsensored. Sensored is smoother, but for just having fun, castle creations unsensored motors shouldn't be too bad. I've read they are as efficient as unsensored motors can get. I have no experience with them though, so all I'm really basing it on is what I have read, and seen people run.
GenkiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #2062
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 34
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Have a buddy with an ezrun unsensored setup in a tc-fd and its so smooth on low throttle. I cant feel a cog on it. It has a brushed feel to it.
onroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #2063
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroadie View Post
Have a buddy with an ezrun unsensored setup in a tc-fd and its so smooth on low throttle. I cant feel a cog on it. It has a brushed feel to it.
I've had several Ezrun systems and never had cogging even with my Ve8. They really are quality systems at a better price that most people just look past because of this. For my cyclone project I'm going with the 35amp ezrun esc and going to try one of the cheaper motors out there. Not sure what one yet ut plan to test a few and see what I think works good in my set up. Figure for the price of a castle I can pick up 2 maybe 3 of these different motors and play around between them..
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #2064
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 287
Default

As long as you are running enough amperage you shouldn't have to worry about any cogging.
__________________
I'd rather buy a New Bright than waste money on a Traxxas.
Huggy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #2065
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

HB wth happened @ URC this time? lol
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #2066
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 287
Default

Going to be adding a new HPI E10 to my stable since a buddy offered to sell me his for $60. He drove it once and decided he didn't want it because he likes his go fast E-Revo. He isn't inlcuding the radio or receiver but that's okay because the stock HPI ones suck. Anyway, who makes the most realistic 1/10 scale Nissan Silvia S13 body? A link would be much appreciated!
__________________
I'd rather buy a New Bright than waste money on a Traxxas.
Huggy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #2067
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Genki Dori Dori

Whoa, I just went page thru page on GDD and didn't see a single S13. Seems like they got damn near everything else though! Got like 6 different S15's and 5 different S14's though.


Frewer S13
<--there found that. Thing is Frewer bodies lack detail. They have unique bodies (US round headlight DC2 anyone?) but detail is worse than an HPI body.

The one you want is ABC Hobby 66028 Silvia S13. But good luck finding one though. It's been discontinued, but surely there has to be one out there somewhere.

Cross made an S13 also, but like the ABC one, it's discontinued and hard to find. Like a Sasquatch.
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #2068
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Genki Dori Dori

Whoa, I just went page thru page on GDD and didn't see a single S13. Seems like they got damn near everything else though! Got like 6 different S15's and 5 different S14's though.


Frewer S13
<--there found that. Thing is Frewer bodies lack detail. They have unique bodies (US round headlight DC2 anyone?) but detail is worse than an HPI body.

The one you want is ABC Hobby 66028 Silvia S13. But good luck finding one though. It's been discontinued, but surely there has to be one out there somewhere.

Cross made an S13 also, but like the ABC one, it's discontinued and hard to find. Like a Sasquatch.
Thanks Chiefy! I am going to continue the search. Maybe I can find one from somewhere in Japan or China. I would really like to have a hard body like the Tamiya cars if possible.
__________________
I'd rather buy a New Bright than waste money on a Traxxas.
Huggy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #2069
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggy Bear View Post
Going to be adding a new HPI E10 to my stable since a buddy offered to sell me his for $60. He drove it once and decided he didn't want it because he likes his go fast E-Revo. He isn't inlcuding the radio or receiver but that's okay because the stock HPI ones suck. Anyway, who makes the most realistic 1/10 scale Nissan Silvia S13 body? A link would be much appreciated!
I am unable to post links, but if you go to the website rc-race-and-drift-japan (add the wwwdot in front and dotcom behind) Yokomo has a nice s13, as well as a one-via.

I think you will find it very hard to find a hard body s13.
GenkiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #2070
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenkiRF View Post
I am unable to post links, but if you go to the website rc-race-and-drift-japan (add the wwwdot in front and dotcom behind) Yokomo has a nice s13, as well as a one-via.

I think you will find it very hard to find a hard body s13.
Oh yeah, forgot about that site. Thanks!
__________________
I'd rather buy a New Bright than waste money on a Traxxas.
Huggy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sg Official Drift Thread!!! AndrewJCH Singapore R/C Racers 188 08-05-2011 09:02 AM
Official Drift Thread Ginsu Electric On-Road 8 10-23-2007 02:36 AM
official drift thread streetracer745 Electric On-Road 3 10-24-2006 09:07 PM
The Official Drift Thread anthony390 Nitro On-Road 0 12-25-2005 10:46 PM
The Official xxx-nt thread rushdude Electric Off-Road 1 09-24-2003 03:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net