R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #1921
Tech Initiate
 
RCnoobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 23
Default

Does anyone know the best way to put on sushi drift tires. I bought some off ebay after hearing they are great but am having a lot of trouble getting them on my rims
__________________
Just coz' im noob, don't mean i love it less than you !!
RCnoobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #1922
Team Tekin
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnoobster View Post
Does anyone know the best way to put on sushi drift tires. I bought some off ebay after hearing they are great but am having a lot of trouble getting them on my rims
If they are anything like the HPI T-Drift, bring some water to a boil, toss the tire in for 45sec-1min and, without burning yourself and being super quick, you can pop them on the wheel and massage them on. I've done 6 sets now of the T-Drift and you have to be ninja-quick.
__________________
Ty Campbell
TEKIN / TLR / SOR GRAPHICS / MIP / PROTEK / KALGARD / AVID
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #1923
Tech Adept
 
GTRdrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 157
Exclamation

Still looking for drifters in the Phoenix, AZ area. If thats you PM me. Trying to get an event going atmy local hobby shop. Need a few more racers though...
__________________
Chassis:EXceed Madspeed
Motor:Stock 22T 540 brushed
Electronics:Stock servo/ESC
Tires:HPI T-drift 26mm
Body:HPI 1/10 Gen 2 Mitsubishi Eclipse
GTRdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #1924
Tech Initiate
 
RCnoobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN View Post
If they are anything like the HPI T-Drift, bring some water to a boil, toss the tire in for 45sec-1min and, without burning yourself and being super quick, you can pop them on the wheel and massage them on. I've done 6 sets now of the T-Drift and you have to be ninja-quick.
Sushi tires are made out of ABS with rounded edges. Boiling water doesn't affect them, I have tried leaving them in for different periods of time.
__________________
Just coz' im noob, don't mean i love it less than you !!
RCnoobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #1925
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnoobster View Post
Sushi tires are made out of ABS with rounded edges. Boiling water doesn't affect them, I have tried leaving them in for different periods of time.
just need to muscle them on man.
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #1926
Tech Initiate
 
SHOEADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Posts: 42
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SHOEADDICT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savtraxx View Post
where can i find some setup tips for drifting
got a mi1 chassis
http://www.drccentral.com/old/rc-drift-setup.html
SHOEADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #1927
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mendota,IL
Posts: 419
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Chicagoland drifters

Anyone in the Chicago area looking to drift let me know. Iam starting a drift club outside of chicago to shoot vids and just practice with. If your in Chicago theres already a good size club reply for details and check out my YouTube page at Midwest drifterz
Badcompny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #1928
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St. Louis area
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I am new to the hobby and i have been searching but it seems there are to many threads to cover. I am looking to get into drifting. First off ive never assembled a rc before so i was looking at pre-assembled or RTR. I dont want to spend a ton because i just got a AE b4.1 from a buddy. I will be racing the buggy the drifter is for side fun between racing days. I have been looking at cheaper cars like the teh-r31, sakura zero, tamiya tt01 etc. Any suggestions? Ive looked at the HPI stuff too but everyone keeps telling me that the exceed drift king is decent for the price..and then some threas i read say its junk and because it has all metal gears they will wear faster while others say the tamiya tt01 is crap because the gears in the diffs burn out because there plastic. Please help ive been researching this for days. Id prefer a roller so i can see how it went together. Im not opposed to building but everyone i know personally has told me even on good kits parts are missing. I know some of the cars im looking at are china made stuff so i figure the odds for missing parts right out of the box is greater.
__________________
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #1929
Tech Master
 
WildManDriving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I'm a fan of the TT01 or TB03 VDS, I ran a TT01 with a 7.5 turn brushless on ABS tyres without any problems for over a year. A must do is fit metal bearings to the car before any other upgrade. The TB03 mentioned is more expensive and a kit but still worth a look to fill in the work day.
__________________
. . . - - - Now enjoying Proline tyres - - - . . .
Scale race models: RCHobbyzone, Mugen, Reds, Xpert, Contact, Neo+.
Toy cars: Xray T4'15, Hudy, Nosram/Muchmore, Protoform.
No longer defined as a Off or On-road racer, but simply a RC enthusiast.
WildManDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #1930
Tech Initiate
 
AJSanDiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Escondido, Ca.
Posts: 40
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnoobster View Post
Sushi tires are made out of ABS with rounded edges. Boiling water doesn't affect them, I have tried leaving them in for different periods of time.
Depending on the wheels; couldn't you go the other way? Drop the wheels in hot water? Not necessarily to expand them but to make the plastic playable?
AJSanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #1931
Tech Fanatic
 
mingnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sutherland Shire
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
I am new to the hobby and i have been searching but it seems there are to many threads to cover. I am looking to get into drifting. First off ive never assembled a rc before so i was looking at pre-assembled or RTR. I dont want to spend a ton because i just got a AE b4.1 from a buddy. I will be racing the buggy the drifter is for side fun between racing days. I have been looking at cheaper cars like the teh-r31, sakura zero, tamiya tt01 etc. Any suggestions? Ive looked at the HPI stuff too but everyone keeps telling me that the exceed drift king is decent for the price..and then some threas i read say its junk and because it has all metal gears they will wear faster while others say the tamiya tt01 is crap because the gears in the diffs burn out because there plastic. Please help ive been researching this for days. Id prefer a roller so i can see how it went together. Im not opposed to building but everyone i know personally has told me even on good kits parts are missing. I know some of the cars im looking at are china made stuff so i figure the odds for missing parts right out of the box is greater.

I've been running a TT01 for about 3 years or so, at the moment it has the Eagle racing chassis on it. Allways found it a great car to drift with, and not much breaks or goes wrong with it. As allready mentioned get the metal wheel bearings, aluminium steering bits and its all good. When you want to upgrade you can go to the eagle chassis and change position of the motor.
Lock the rear diff in the TT01, i used a hot glue gun for ease of removal if i ever wanted to, and its fantastic

TB03 is also a great car to drift with (as allready mentioned) also have one of these , not the vdf version, have also changed to eagle racing chassis, countersteered it etc.

Have also tried drifting using the sakura zero, i didnt really like it, i prefer a shaft drive drifter (personal preference)
__________________
---------------------------SMA The Home of GREAT Racing------------------------------
mingnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1932
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 31
Default

Heres a drift video that we made a few years ago. This is our old track but we normally race with 6+ other cars. This was just some after racing entertainment.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
www.harnoishobby.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harnois-Racing/186782821416027
Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #1933
Tech Rookie
 
khyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laNcE_08 View Post
Most drifters prefer having FOW 'in front' and Front Direct Coupling 'in the rear' in your TA-05 v2's case.

Having the FOW will make it easier to go around a clip.

Thanks for those helpful infos man. ^^
I want to hear more, especially in RC Drifting.
khyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #1934
Tech Fanatic
 
Kaifd3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

Got my Yokomo DIB-R all built yesterday with the upgrade package 1 & 2, cant wait to test it out, I will post pics tonight of the DIB and DRB.

Yokomo makes such good quality...
Kaifd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #1935
Tech Fanatic
 
Kaifd3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

My Yok's, just had to add my Goose in the pic too....LOL...I love these cars...

Still need to paint a couple of bodies..



__________________
DON'T SEND AN OFFER IF YOU AREN'T SERIOUS!
Kaifd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sg Official Drift Thread!!! AndrewJCH Singapore R/C Racers 188 08-05-2011 09:02 AM
Official Drift Thread Ginsu Electric On-Road 8 10-23-2007 02:36 AM
official drift thread streetracer745 Electric On-Road 3 10-24-2006 09:07 PM
The Official Drift Thread anthony390 Nitro On-Road 0 12-25-2005 10:46 PM
The Official xxx-nt thread rushdude Electric Off-Road 1 09-24-2003 03:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net