R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #1876
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
I also majored in physics for 4 years before changing my major. Yeah, i have SOME experience.
I can imagine why you must have changed your major...

To each their own. Wether it's useful or not, is another matter. Why did you bother with all the details on your shells? Why does your AE86 have the Falken livery? To make it look realistic/to scale. That's why the CS movement has been so successful.

Don't hate, appreciate.
abdul basit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #1877
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post

THIS is what you are looking for:

It will reduce ackerman, but you will also need high-angle axles.

Go to http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/sh...ed%20Arm%20set

Choose your legnth. Make sure the distance between your 2 holes on your front upright is the same as a TA05. If not, modding may be required.
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. Now its time to get my hands dirty.
jameyfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #1878
Tech Adept

It's not just drifting. Many top touring racers run full-lock 100% dual rate on their radio. People with no steering control tune down their dual rate, so they don't overshoot their steering. Even if you don't use it all the time, it's good to have range when you need it. So Paul lemieux must be doing it wrong by running 100% DR.
TubOLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #1879
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Off the shelf drift car

Hi everyone i am looking at getting a drift car, is there is a clear cut winner drift car that you just need to build or RTR?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #1880
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermet View Post
Hi everyone i am looking at getting a drift car, is there is a clear cut winner drift car that you just need to build or RTR?
there is no "clean-cut" build and drift chassis, their all good its mainly up to your budget and parts support. entry level drift cars such as an Hpi e10 to highly drift chassis like the tamiya vdf. there's lots to choose from and hop-ups for nearly all of them. what are you looking for as far as drifting? practice/learning or comp/bashing?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #1881
Tech Regular

I've got a small collection of old school Xray T1's I'm planning to drift

Should be good, nice & adjustable
Old 04-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #1882
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul basit View Post
I can imagine why you must have changed your major...

To each their own. Wether it's useful or not, is another matter. Why did you bother with all the details on your shells? Why does your AE86 have the Falken livery? To make it look realistic/to scale. That's why the CS movement has been so successful.

Don't hate, appreciate.
I do have to disagree. The detailed bodies are nice cs or non cs. I do see your correlation between realistic bodies led to realistic driving(hence cs). That body was never drifted. it was only a show body for contests and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORIYAA! View Post
HOLD UP. Was that aimed at me? i wouldn't have posted that picture if i had foreseen that you might have got so wound up.....

Red Toyota jzx100 and gunmetal Nissan R32.... Tandem + med speed drifting @ 82%

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
It was not, It was towards the individual who blew up my pm inbox with comments and pictures.

I made a comment about BARELY usable. there are some who drift laps around me who are counter steering when I am not. I tip my hat to you, who not only did research, but also took the time to learn and develop your skill. Very few are willing to do so.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #1883
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubOLard View Post
It's not just drifting. Many top touring racers run full-lock 100% dual rate on their radio. People with no steering control tune down their dual rate, so they don't overshoot their steering. Even if you don't use it all the time, it's good to have range when you need it. So Paul lemieux must be doing it wrong by running 100% DR.
I feel the only true benefit of running full lock is to have no ackerman, on my IFS I wish I had more of an angle, but I need to take the outside line (when racing) to compensate. In countersteer and that much lock with ackerman, isnt it barely controllable? (I am by no means a master at CS, and I do not mean to imply that I am.)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #1884
Tech Adept

Hey im looking for drifters in the Phoenix, AZ area. Anyone out there PM me. Looking to get together a few times a week for practice and competition.
Tires:HPI T-drift 26mm
Body:HPI 1/10 Gen 2 Mitsubishi Eclipse
GTRdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #1885
Tech Initiate

Default Advice On Car

I am new to RC drifting but have experience with off-road. I am looking to get a drifting RC but am not sure what cars are good. Preferably brushless (im not sure if brushless matters as much in on-road as it does off-road). But if anyone could point me in the write direction thanks in advance!!!!
RCnoobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #1886
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnoobster View Post
I am new to RC drifting but have experience with off-road. I am looking to get a drifting RC but am not sure what cars are good. Preferably brushless (im not sure if brushless matters as much in on-road as it does off-road). But if anyone could point me in the write direction thanks in advance!!!!
I too race off-road and since you know pretty much about Rc I would start with a sprint2. there are lots of hop-ups for it and they do come brushless rtr and upgrade electronics from there. many people run brushless but I do see some brushed setups work as good but sensored would be the way to go if budget allowed. sensored setups will be much easier as far as low speed control. with drifting it's all about throttle control heck much like a 2wd buggy. if you would like to know more check out csjunkies or email me at d_mdriftcircuit@yahoo and I can show you more about drifting.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #1887
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbrylac View Post
I too race off-road and since you know pretty much about Rc I would start with a sprint2. there are lots of hop-ups for it and they do come brushless rtr and upgrade electronics from there. many people run brushless but I do see some brushed setups work as good but sensored would be the way to go if budget allowed. sensored setups will be much easier as far as low speed control. with drifting it's all about throttle control heck much like a 2wd buggy. if you would like to know more check out csjunkies or email me at d_mdriftcircuit@yahoo and I can show you more about drifting.

In the sprint to series, is it just the flux that is brushless and the sport and drift are both brushed ??
RCnoobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #1888
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnoobster View Post
In the sprint to series, is it just the flux that is brushless and the sport and drift are both brushed ??
I think its just the flux - its not sensored, if you're picky about cogging. If you plan to go CS, I'd look for cars with wider steering angles - yokomo or r31 variants.
Raincity Raji Kon - hit me up to drift in the 206/425 -- RWD W.U.N. Nervis 2.0, RWD dlike RE-R Hybrid, RWD Sakura D4, 50:50 StreetJam OTA-R31, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd, Subaru Brat Scaler, Emaxx dual brushed motors lol

WTT: my HPI MRS4 with exotex and more
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #1889
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

this was posted in another thread (sakura zero s)
looks interesting
http://kkchung.pixnet.net/blog/post/30636934
Old 05-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #1890
Tech Adept

Hey guys
Hopefully someone can answer my questions.
I have a trf415 i am ready to setup for countersteer ratios
I have been told to use a 20t diff pulley to do the countersteer ratio is this correct and if so where do i get a 20t diff pulley.
And also i have seen people putting spools, one ways and diffs in the rear
Im currently running spook up front and diff rear should i change this or leave it
Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.