R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #1501
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill004 View Post
Thanks Kenny...yea it helped alot. Someone told me that electrical tape wrapped well around the tires works for a little bit. But onto another ???( I know I am a noob sorry guys) Is there another rear diff that is good to use besides the HPI 32T Ball bearing(#86040)?? Every where I am looking online is out of order. I am going to start calling the LHS next just wondered if there was something comprable out there that I didnt know about..(Sorry guys I am a big noob)
no worries bro, I use the ball diff with no balls just like you're talking about. You can lock your rear diff with cotton balls! try that or silly putty both are my favorite things to lock the rear diff with
KennyManz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #1502
Tech Adept

Interesting I will have to look into trying some cotton balls. LOL But the consept is to get the back tires to spin at the same time and at the same rate correct? Well I will keep updates on what happens and how well I get sideways. Thanks agian man.
Dill004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #1503
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys im new to the Drift thing, ive got a Cyclone TC that im gonna give drifting a go with... I was wondering what is best set-up in regards to Diffs? i was thinking one-way in the front and locked in the rear, is this the way to go?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #1504
Tech Initiate

thats the idea, if you lock the rear it helps prevent spinouts and allows for smoother flicks and drifts. The front one-way lets the front wheels keep spinning even if you use the brake. This gives your car the ability to use an emergency brake type of action helping where that action helps. The front one way also increase the overall flick speed and strength.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #1505
Tech Initiate

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #1506
Tech Rookie

Good to see a healthy drift scene exists here. I'm not sure as a new comer to the site what the policy is for links so I'll keep it simple...

The 2011 Drift World Championships is fast approaching with the entry cut off date of 1 June - the event is over 4 days at Silverstone Circuit (Moto Arena - a very big tarmac indoor track with great facilities) late August. It's just 50 to enter including a free BBQ so if you can make it, please come along - free to spectate! It's a non-profit making venture with big prizes from HPI and D1RC trophies.

Now here's the bit you need to look at if you are into competitive drifting. The downloadable entry forms can be found in the D1RC forum at the D1RC.eu or co.uk or DRCCentral.com forums. It's open to all and it's always a great long weekend of meeting up with rc drifters from around the globe. It's as good as it gets! Be great to see some of you there.
JT D1RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #1507
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Are there any good resources re track layouts? My buddies and I are parking lot drifting and I'm looking for inspiration. We have losi dots and are building up a few scale barriers to complete the look.

..still waiting for spring in the PNW
Raincity Raji Kon - hit me up to drift in the 206/425 -- RWD W.U.N. Nervis 2.0, RWD dlike RE-R Hybrid, RWD Sakura D4, 50:50 StreetJam OTA-R31, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd, Subaru Brat Scaler, Emaxx dual brushed motors lol

WTT: my HPI MRS4 with exotex and more
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #1508
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've always just done simple and basic designs.

Check out some of the tracks from D1 and Formula D. why not use layouts that the pros drift on.

If you can make it to Portland June 4, we're have a drift comp.

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #1509
Tech Initiate

Cool

hey guys i'm planning to get a new kit from a sprint 2 and i wanted to get a new kit that is easy to cs mod

any of you guys have a suggestion ?
WaRxDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #1510
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRxDrifter View Post
hey guys i'm planning to get a new kit from a sprint 2 and i wanted to get a new kit that is easy to cs mod

any of you guys have a suggestion ?
If you can get pulleys from hotBodies, then the Sprint2 is a good chassis. Several write-ups online about CSing this chassis. have a customer who drifts at y store with a CS modded Sprint2, and it kicks ass.

Other popular choices are Tamiya and if you have $$, yokomo or Streetjam chassis.

I myself have a CSed TC4 and TC3.

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #1511
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

@Momo

Nice to see a racer all try out rc drifting! :-)

I myself got into this hobby because of rc drifting but will be trying some racing. I just bought some used gear here to try out 1/12 pan carpet and 4wd buggy racing.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #1512
Tech Adept

I have been reading and getting into the drift side of R/C. I have a sprint2sport. I am still a noob so i am doing a lot of reading and learning. I have read that this cooling fan fits the sprint 2 sport, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNDP1&P=SM. I know that it is unavailable but it got me thinking. I dont see anyway to really put or use a heatsink or cooling fan for the motor on this car. Is there a way? does it really fi and I just dont see it?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advase guys.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #1513
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 50/50 vs Countersteer Drifting

Whats the difference? Check this out.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Which one do you like betteR?
boza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #1514
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to M-chassisMark

This topic needs more pics of drift setups

OFNA JL10 (shaft driven kit, not belt/drift kit)
Chassis is pretty much stock, looking for a one-way
9T Hobbywing brushless
HPI Odyssey van body, with home-made bike rack (polystyrene, bike toy from Wal-Mart)
HPI LP29 & LP35 Work LS406 wheels, LP T-drift tires

I'm not crazy about the grip level of the HPI tires... prefer sushi drift tires, but the look is crazy. I just run a ton of negative camber in the rear to get it to break free easier. Hard to tell from the pictures, but there is about -7* in the rear. That, and the camber is necessary to get the tire inside the body... haha.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #1515
Tech Adept

I finally got my Sprint 2 sport running and this is my first responce on my first attempt at drifting.

I bought the new Losi pre-mounted drft tires. The offset on them is great for a 200mm bodie and looks good.
I am getting good drifts out of them and not a lot of wear. I am running a 3300 2s 20c lipo with a 15t brushed motor. The lipo and tires are the only upgrades to the car. I have not locked the rear diff yet still getting desent learning drifts. I am hooked and connot wait to get deeper into this side of the hobby. I want to say thanks to all the guys on R/C Tech for all the help and info, I have learned so much for you all. Keep all the good advise comeing.