Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Dirt switched teams?  Kinwald goes to Tekin? >

The Dirt switched teams? Kinwald goes to Tekin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

The Dirt switched teams? Kinwald goes to Tekin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby J
another dude swinging from Arron Youngs nuts ...nice try ...lmfao
after having another beer, i edited my post, not worth my time..

Last edited by dal bains; 12-29-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default You seem to be on my nuts too...

At least spell my name right...Sac up and be a man. Or take your meds please.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Team tekin has kinwald give you a race schedule for this year. We would like to know when he is going to start racing again. I think this is his year for a double crown onroad and offroad.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bobby J
WILL SEE....I just dont see any body wanting a speedo that you started your racin back in the day..Ahole different look would be nice than the stock look of the 90s, however you package its still the tekin that you would give away to the kid that sucks at the track....well do you remember when you sent some speedos to hodapp they worked good for a few packs than blew up...I think dirt will blow some speedos up too..the novak stuff blows up too ive seen it all ...my ..02
This isn't suppose to be a bash tekin thread. Tekin makes very good products whether you think there still from the 90's or not. All of the software is brand new and I can assure you that Tekin uses the best FET package of anyone out there. You can talk about them all you want, but have you tried one yet?? I think if you do, you will be very supprised at how well they work and how much eaiser they are to change settings. Give the product a try before you go bashing it.

KT
Old 12-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

As far as fitting in todays cars. I run xray, Cuffs runs corally, and kinwald runs Losi. I know that none of us have anyprobablems getting the speed controller in the car.
KT
Old 12-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can I get a shot of your electronics install..I'm very interested in seeing how you've run the wires...

I was always a big fan of tekin back in the day...and I'm excited to see them making a comeback...
Old 12-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any of the top speed controls can win......and they all blow up.....LRP, Novak, Keyence, Tekin, KO, etc......

I've seen them all do well.....and I have seen them all blow up....mainly because a lot of the components used in them, are not techincally designed for the crazy extremes we put our equipment through......and the quality of the stuff used is actually very very high.......its tough to go and say hey....I need a fet, than withstand 120 amps, get about 200 degrees.....and oh, by the way....it may get chemicals spilled on them, get wired up backwards, get shorted out by a battery or motor, get subjected to extreme g forces....and sometimes may end up doing a reverse double barrel roll down the straight at 35 mph....and it needs to be the size of a m&m or smaller....

They use the best they can and it holds up for as long as it can......we are just really rough on our little cars....

Later EddieO
Old 12-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well Put Eddie!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Can I get a shot of your electronics install..I'm very interested in seeing how you've run the wires...

I was always a big fan of tekin back in the day...and I'm excited to see them making a comeback...
I will take some pictures and get them post up for you.
KT
Old 12-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
I'm with Soviet on this one. Until they come out with a micro ESC, I'm staying away.

OKAY THEN YOUL JUST STAY BEHIND US INSTEAD OF WITH US!
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Team Tekin

Getting back to Brian, he has not even driven a G11pro and may not ever. The G11 is a done deal and we already know it is a great speedo. Brian has joined Tekin to help us design and test the next generation products. It may be a little while before we satisfy the dirtinator and a few other team members and you see it at a race.

I started a "The New Tekin" thread and would be happy to discuss all things Tekin over there.

Tekin Prez
Old 12-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Any of the top speed controls can win......and they all blow up.....LRP, Novak, Keyence, Tekin, KO, etc......

I've seen them all do well.....and I have seen them all blow up....mainly because a lot of the components used in them, are not techincally designed for the crazy extremes we put our equipment through......and the quality of the stuff used is actually very very high.......its tough to go and say hey....I need a fet, than withstand 120 amps, get about 200 degrees.....and oh, by the way....it may get chemicals spilled on them, get wired up backwards, get shorted out by a battery or motor, get subjected to extreme g forces....and sometimes may end up doing a reverse double barrel roll down the straight at 35 mph....and it needs to be the size of a m&m or smaller....

They use the best they can and it holds up for as long as it can......we are just really rough on our little cars....

Later EddieO

Well Said.
Mo
Old 01-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kt racing
I will take some pictures and get them post up for you.
KT
Any luck with those pics by chance??
Old 01-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Any luck with those pics by chance??
You can look at them.....

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...49#post2035649
Old 01-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the quick reply...but i'm more curious about KT's setup...

I run Xray and with the servo mounted lengthwise down the chassis it could get tight...

i was actually thinking of a similar setup to yours though but with the ESC running closer tothe belt with the receiver standing up ither in front of or beside the ESC...

I do like how the buttons are accessible from the top and the posts for the wires are spread out for a cleaner run of the wires...

I might have to give one a try...I would still very much like to see an install in an Xray first though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.