Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Eagle Racing Comm Later Any Good? >

Eagle Racing Comm Later Any Good?

Eagle Racing Comm Later Any Good?

Old 12-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Eagle Racing Comm Later Any Good?

The one in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Eagle Racing Comm Later Any Good?-5101.gif  
Old 12-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It looks good but I think most people prefer a lathe with V guides instead of bearings. Bearings will eventually get fouled by all the comm bits you cut off.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm using the same Lathe with bearings. Yes, sometimes the bits get into the bearings that it gets stuck. But you just have to clean it with oil before and after. Mine is almost 2years old and working flawlessly with a diamond bit.

there is an option Vguides, w/c i'm still waiting to arrive from my lhs
Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just go with a Cobra.

Definietely get a lathe with u or v blocks instead of bearings. The best lathe for sell (Fantom) comes with v blocks if that tells you anything.

FYI. The lathe in the pic is a right hand bit, make sure you remember that if you go to buy a new bit. Cobras are left hand and the more common bit out there for sale.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Eagle Lathe

Just remember that V Guides are just a likely to wear out and more difficult to repair. Your local bearing supplier will be able to get the bearings, if you have V guides you may have to send the lathe back, this was why I junked my Cobra as I am in the UK and they wanted me to send it back to the US as they would not supply the parts for self fit.

I have been using the newer Eagle 4 lathe for some time and I am totally happy with it, once I got used to it cutting from the opposite end to all the other lathes on the market.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 12-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Funny with a little bearing oil once a day before the first cut....my V guides look as good as the day I bought my lathe....Heck I have never met a person who has worn out there V guides......But then again everyone I know has a Orion, Hudy or CObra.....They all seem to cut the same....
I like the Hudy the best with the adjustable anvil....Makes the armature fit perfect.
It is all in preferance. I like the V guides works and no worry about shavings...
The Eagle Lathe will work just fine...Just clean and relube your bearings often.
-Shookie <><
Oh Merry CHRISTmas Everyone