R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-23-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Chargers and Trays

Well I'm just getting back into the hobby and was wondering if anyone had experience with the Much more Cell master. I've pretty much narrowed down my options between that and the Itellipeak Ice. Both seem good I did notice a motor run in feature on the Ice. Other than that they seem about the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One last thing what would you guys suggest for a discharge tray. The integy models look nice but, I've heard good things about the computerised Novak tray.
Soulstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Cell master or the ICE they are both good chargers. Just pick one 0

As for the Tray I have the Smart Tray and have been happy with it.
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Cool Super I think I might go ahead with the Ice wasn't sure if there was something I was missing on the Much more charger. I read the info on the smart tray and it indeed looks like a nice tray. Will it be necessary to get a high amp dump tray to pair with this. The Ice has a 10 amp discharge rate however, I'm reading that alot of people are dumping their batteries at 20+ amps. Been about 14 years since I've been into electrics so alot has changed battery wise it seems.
Soulstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:58 AM   #4
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

LRP Pulsar Comp 2, it has motor run which the Cell Master does not.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:24 AM   #5
Tech Regular

the best all purpose charger is the

APS S3 3-in-1 Charger+Dyno

Does Charging and is a Motor Checker and can run a Lathe.

Then of course you need a tray like the Smart Tray and a 30amp discharger like the Trinity Pulse Discharger.

If you got money to burn, then get the Muchmore Charger (it is very accurate peak detect) and also get a Muchmore Motor Checker. But will cost you twice as much as the APS.

XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

There are a ton of choices here,the combo I've decide on two CE PitbullX3's,a Muchmore Motormaster,a Integy 0-30 for dumping and a Tekin battery doctor for equalizing.This is what I've got at least for now,this will probably change as the year goes on and better products such as the Axxis line of products come out.The more I learn though is that really what you want is more like a 15 to 20 amp for dumping,in order to keep the heat away and help with cell life.I've tried using the Tekin for dumping as well as EQ'ing but at 2 amps it takes to long.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote