R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #136
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxussr View Post
I was reading through this thread... I'm a real sucker for front-engine RWD drift chassis. I want a MST FXX D (with IFS). How bad is it really? Can it be tamed? I've read conflicting things about the IFS system.

I don't plan on going to competitions, I don't have a regular drift club anymore, and I used to drift a very stock Sprint 2. I've also fallen in love with the handling of my XV01 on regular grip tires and dusty parking garages.
I can't speak to the IFS part, but will say it isn't popular in the scene, from what I see.

Front motor is great for higher traction surfaces. I run on polished concrete or asphalt, and most are running rear heavy setups for more speed. My first RWD car was a r31-FM and I sold it fairly soon. With tuning, anything will drift well. But for me, front motor is too slow to switch back, and not enough traction on slippery surfaces without adding a bunch of weight.
Raincity Raji Kon - hit me up to drift in the 206/425 -- RWD W.U.N. Nervis 2.0, RWD dlike RE-R Hybrid, RWD Sakura D4, 50:50 StreetJam OTA-R31, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd, Subaru Brat Scaler, Emaxx dual brushed motors lol

WTT: my HPI MRS4 with exotex and more
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote