Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I used the charger this weekend on IB3800's and it was very nice. I got it setup to charge the packs without having to read the instructions.

The charger does a ton of stuff so reading the instructions is necessary to use the advanced features but it is easy to use at the same time.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

thanks and what is your Lipo testing result ?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianM
it is easy to use at the same time.
Sorry Adrian, I have the charger and it is a pain in the butt and not very logical. It works yes, but I plan to dump it soon. This the carbon version with Lipo support.

Also the features are not complete, you can't alter as one example the motror run in voltage, unlike the LRP charger.

Just my opinion
Old 03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Here are some pictures of mine. I had to take the tape off the cover (b/c shoe goo melts it). I shoe-gooed some pieces of plexiglass to the bottom to help hold the battery into the battery slots. Not very pretty but I guess it works. The pictures show it without the tape holding it in. I might need to put some plexiglass on the side to help it hold better.
I found a better way to do this (for anyone who followed my original post). Dimes fit well in the battery slots of the pro4. So I stacked two dimes on top of each other and glued them to the battery to help hold it in. Ill try to take pictures sometime. I did 4 rows or 2 across (and the 2 stacked on top). It ended up being 16 dimes which worked well since I wanted to add some weight to the battery.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
That sucks, since I just bought two of them. I hope Xray and other companies will start making a chassis that will work with them. I had to mod my XXX-S so I guess I can use them for street bashing.
The newest rc action shows Martin Hudy testing them in his t2 so you might want to pick up that issue and check it out as it shows a pic of them in his car with the body off. Or try the Xray forum and see if anyone can tell you how to rig them.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andyuk99
Sorry Adrian, I have the charger and it is a pain in the butt and not very logical. It works yes, but I plan to dump it soon. This the carbon version with Lipo support.

Also the features are not complete, you can't alter as one example the motror run in voltage, unlike the LRP charger.

Just my opinion
Thats funny, I feel that way about the LRP chargers...lol! I guess its all about what you are used to.

I used to use Much More chargers. They were great but after using the Advantage I like that I can set all the parameters in the setup mode and quickly charge may batteries without having to confirm 5 settings.

If I want to step or linear charge I can select this in the charge screen instead of cycling through the main menu.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
The newest rc action shows Martin Hudy testing them in his t2 so you might want to pick up that issue and check it out as it shows a pic of them in his car with the body off. Or try the Xray forum and see if anyone can tell you how to rig them.

I would of bought a T2 if I didnt have to hack up the bulkhead to fit the lipo pack in. That car is just too pretty to hack up. Hopefully they will come out with an update that will be lipo friendly.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks...

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I'll have to check out that issue. I hate to think I will have to hack the bulkhead up. There would not be much left of it and I think it would weaken the structure. Maybe they are working on a new design for the lipos.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

In car action they explained that you can run 16 minutes in touring car with the Lipo ! confirmed my Martin Hudy from Xray !!!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Yes and they made 24 min in off-road with stock motors !
Old 03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

The cool thing is that they are maintenance free !
Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For offroad, have people been adding weight to the XXX4/MF2 to compensate for the lightness of the lipo or is everyone making spring changes?

shadp
Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

personally i dnt like the idea of these new battery types in my eyes they are little 2 dangerous i have seen first hand wat these things are capable of doin if the gow wrong and it can be deadly they basiclally expole if you wanna call it that they aernt the nicest of things i say stick 2 normal NIMH i.
i did catch a report in a magazine that they were thinkin of takin 10th scale to 4 cell yes it my be slower but at the same time the rate that these batterys are on increasing it will have less stress on the motor.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"personally i dnt like the idea of these new battery types in my eyes they are little 2 dangerous i have seen first hand wat these things are capable of doin if the gow wrong and it can be deadly they basiclally expole if you wanna call it that they aernt the nicest of things i say stick 2 normal NIMH i.
i did catch a report in a magazine that they were thinkin of takin 10th scale to 4 cell yes it my be slower but at the same time the rate that these batterys are on increasing it will have less stress on the motor."

You have personal experience with a Platinum Li-Po exploding? Please, tell us what happened... If it was just some other Li-Po battery, then the story is moot.(most Li-Po cells are exposed, no safety case around them) So many safety precautions have gone into the pack that I doubt, short of a major impact, that they'd explode...if you wanna call it that.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

thats kinad wat happend and after the impact the battery kin of started to grow bigger so they can be quite leathal i dnt like them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.