R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-21-2016, 06:09 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Serpent Project 4-X
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: WagwanBumba
Introduction
This is a wiki page for the new and very interesting concept 4-X from Serpent. This is wiki is meant to develop and grow as more is understood about the car.

Serpent's Product Page - http://www.serpent.com/product/400030
The 4-X Development Story - Here

Manual - Here

Spring Chart
SOFTEST
  • 401705 Spring white C4.4 4X (2)
  • 401706 Spring yellow C4.9 4X (2)
  • 401707 Spring orange C5.5 4X (2) = kit
  • 401708 Spring red C6.3 4X (2)
  • 401709 Spring pink C6.9 4X (2)
  • 401710 Spring blue C7.6 4X (2)
  • 401711 Spring purple C8.4 4X (2) = kit
  • 401712 Spring greenC9.5 4X (2)
  • 401713 Spring grey C10.9 4X (2)
  • 401714 Spring black C12 4X (2)
HARDEST

Build Tips

RCBuilds.net Build, tip guide and youtube video - http://www.rcbuilds.net/builds/onroa...nt-project-4x/
Heave + Roll Damper Build Tips
Pivot Ball Nut Tip

Setups



Setup Tips

Ride Height Adjustment
Adjusting tweak with roll damper
Usage of washer on lower arm
Tuning ARS


Option Parts List


Social Media

Facebook 4-X Group

Print Wikipost

Like Tree57Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #331
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 349
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If its not to much trouble can someone give me the dimensions of the spring in the 4x? I am working on a little custom project and was wondering if if this spring would work
Speed Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #332
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,552
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
If its not to much trouble can someone give me the dimensions of the spring in the 4x? I am working on a little custom project and was wondering if if this spring would work
Don't have the exact dimensions but they are about 10mm long and they would fit over a normal shock shaft which is about 3mm or so. Much smaller than a normal TC spring.
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #333
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 349
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Don't have the exact dimensions but they are about 10mm long and they would fit over a normal shock shaft which is about 3mm or so. Much smaller than a normal TC spring.
Do you by any chance have a rough idea of the diameter
Speed Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #334
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,209
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I'll grab the spring specs after work. Pm me and remind me. Almost 45 my senility is kicking in. Lol
__________________
Aaron Moore

Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #335
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,209
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Orange heave spring. 4.55mm od. 3.3mm id. And 8.9mm long.

Blue roll spring. 9.53mm long 4.75mm od. 3.3mm id.
G-rem likes this.
__________________
Aaron Moore

Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #336
Tech Fanatic
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default


Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #337
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm noticing a number of these going up for sale. Is there a issue with it?
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #338
Tech Fanatic
 
rcking112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 771
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Billy Kelly, I don't think its an issue with the car, I believe that its just an issue with the tuning of the car. Mine is going up for sale because of my lack of true knowledge of tuning a car like this, I want to move to a more traditional style of touring car.
__________________
Team Serpent , Proline , 92 Zero Designs , CowRC Factory Team
Offroad : Srx8 Srx8E Srx2MH
Onroad : Project 4X ERYX4.1
rcking112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #339
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking112 View Post
Billy Kelly, I don't think its an issue with the car, I believe that its just an issue with the tuning of the car. Mine is going up for sale because of my lack of true knowledge of tuning a car like this, I want to move to a more traditional style of touring car.
Thanks. Might be most honest ansewer I've ever gotten. I'm interested in the 4x. But it's mostly curiosity as i don't know if I'll ever run the proper surface for it. As for tuning on standard TC, I'm still learning. I've just started racing this summer after 6 years in hobby. Finding it's tough to tune on a parking lot surface that's never really the same week to week
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #340
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking112 View Post
Billy Kelly, I don't think its an issue with the car, I believe that its just an issue with the tuning of the car. Mine is going up for sale because of my lack of true knowledge of tuning a car like this, I want to move to a more traditional style of touring car.
Hmmm
I heard was not getting support service and part are hard to get, plus tuning in the car aren't easy as others TC ..That is just my reason not getting one is cuz there are three or more onwer are no longer running their X-4

ps still is a cool TC
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work

Last edited by OVA; 08-29-2017 at 12:32 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #341
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: socal
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I'm noticing a number of these going up for sale. Is there a issue with it?
Well that benefits me because I'm one of the ones that bought a used one to try. The initial price of entry was quite high but has now fallen to reasonable levels.

I just got mines so I haven't been able to run it yet. I see people complain that all TC's are copies of one another and here comes the 4x that is really different and is why I wanted one.

Now, is it harder to work on? For me, the car has a lot of moving parts...TINY moving parts and I have small hands! Set up wise its just different but the main principals are still there. Parts are harder to source but as long as you plan ahead there should be no problem. There is a lot more support on the Facebook group though than here. It's a cool car for sure and without having run it yet I still don't regret getting one.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #342
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleZEN View Post
Well that benefits me because I'm one of the ones that bought a used one to try. The initial price of entry was quite high but has now fallen to reasonable levels.

I just got mines so I haven't been able to run it yet. I see people complain that all TC's are copies of one another and here comes the 4x that is really different and is why I wanted one.

Now, is it harder to work on? For me, the car has a lot of moving parts...TINY moving parts and I have small hands! Set up wise its just different but the main principals are still there. Parts are harder to source but as long as you plan ahead there should be no problem. There is a lot more support on the Facebook group though than here. It's a cool car for sure and without having run it yet I still don't regret getting one.

Same here. Haven't bought yet but looking a a few used ones listed here. Not too concerned about about parts availability. I've got more then a dozen touring cars, really haven't broken much on them combined. Even the F1 and 1 touring car I do race.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #343
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,552
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Same here. Haven't bought yet but looking a a few used ones listed here. Not too concerned about about parts availability. I've got more then a dozen touring cars, really haven't broken much on them combined. Even the F1 and 1 touring car I do race.
I have a just built but never ran for sale. Health is why I'm selling, no other reason. Its a very cool car and it was fun to build too. Parts are not hard to come by really, there just aren't many places stocking the parts, but all you have to do is place an online order, planning ahead just a bit. The car is tough and doesn't break much at all. There were a couple of improvements that some of the 4x community took care of like a support brace for the bulkheads. In fact if you really look and understand the car, the total part count is quite low that you would need to run one. The big issue is for some, the heave damper will get air in it and needs to be rebuilt but that is easy and only takes a little bit of time.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #344
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 117
Default

The 4x with the latest upgrades (vertical deck etc) makes the car SO much easier to drive.
SoLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:44 PM   #345
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,833
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLost View Post
The 4x with the latest upgrades (vertical deck etc) makes the car SO much easier to drive.
+1 very much so. I hope they'll release an EVO kit soon with those bits as standard. I really likes my 4x before those parts and now I love the car. I'm as fast with the 4x now than I was with my 411 4.0 before and I'm confident with more setup work and practice the car will go even faster.

I find my 4x a breeze to work on and setup. I don't get why people say it's difficult to work on? Sure the setup is different but it isn't difficult.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:34 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net