R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2016, 03:40 AM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
Is there a typo in the schedule for Thursday? There's no practice listed for Thurs Noon-9pm but it also says "9am-Friday Open Practice" under Thursday.

I'm guessing it's supposed to say 9pm - Fri morning?

Staying up all night with a bunch of dudes in a hotel is my kind of a good time.
Note sure how that slipped past the editors. Practice Thursday when the pits open, and yeah probably all night as long as the racers want it.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:40 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Is there a typo in the schedule for Thursday? There's no practice listed for Thurs Noon-9pm but it also says "9am-Friday Open Practice" under Thursday.

I'm guessing it's supposed to say 9pm - Fri morning?

Staying up all night with a bunch of dudes in a hotel is my kind of a good time.
There was a typo, thanks Nate. I have corrected the flyer, but the Thursday listing is a bit more complex than that. The track will open earlier this year on Thursday because the 1st qualifier is now Friday evening. The track will be open late both Thursday and Friday nights just like last year. But registration will close, which is why there are two time listings for Thursday. Also, "late" is purposefully ambiguous.

114 days and counting...

-Sean
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #78
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
There was a typo, thanks Nate. I have corrected the flyer, but the Thursday listing is a bit more complex than that. The track will open earlier this year on Thursday because the 1st qualifier is now Friday evening. The track will be open late both Thursday and Friday nights just like last year. But registration will close, which is why there are two time listings for Thursday. Also, "late" is purposefully ambiguous.

114 days and counting...

-Sean
last year I think I was on the track from 11pm thursday till 5am friday then went to sleep and come back at 11 for round 2 practice
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
last year I think I was on the track from 11pm thursday till 5am friday then went to sleep and come back at 11 for round 2 practice
Still no excuse to let us sleep in! When you turn alarm off and hightail it out of the room . lol
Are the sweep tires this yr the same compound that has been used last few yrs or will they be more black carpet friendly?
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

signed up and paid up. looks like another killer event.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #81
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Still no excuse to let us sleep in! When you turn alarm off and hightail it out of the room . lol
Are the sweep tires this yr the same compound that has been used last few yrs or will they be more black carpet friendly?
The plan is more black carpet friendly.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
The plan is more black carpet friendly.
Will this new compound be available before the event or will they me made specifically for this race? The sweeps used last yr were junk on the black rug in comparison to the jaco/gravity tires . would be nice if they were like the green jacos they hardly require any glue
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Weren't they 32's?
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #84
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Will this new compound be available before the event or will they me made specifically for this race? The sweeps used last yr were junk on the black rug in comparison to the jaco/gravity tires . would be nice if they were like the green jacos they hardly require any glue
Quote:
Weren't they 32's?
I think we have to remember that the 2015 Champs was the first race on the new black carpet and traction was spectacular compared to what everyone was used to. That also meant that the Sweep tire was the first tire on the new carpet. So the other manufacturers got a chance to adjust.

I have been in contact with John Lee from Sweep and am confident we will have a superior product for the 2016 Champs. We will keep you informed, but I hope they will have the Champs tire ready for you to test beforehand. I am not a Sweep representative, so I don't want to speak for them.

Thanks.

-Sean
Old 08-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #85
Tech Regular

Flyer updated...

-Sean
Old 08-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 210 (100%+)

I now see that the 1/12 is using a "hand out" why is this? why not keep it the way is was with the spec tire? as some of us run Pro One tires that are the same as the BSR/CRC tire.

I also see there is a spot for how many sets of tires wanted. I already sent in my entry form (that I have not received confirmation on) am I going to be able to buy tires when I show up or do i need to send money in advance.
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
I now see that the 1/12 is using a "hand out" why is this? why not keep it the way is was with the spec tire? as some of us run Pro One tires that are the same as the BSR/CRC tire.

I also see there is a spot for how many sets of tires wanted. I already sent in my entry form (that I have not received confirmation on) am I going to be able to buy tires when I show up or do i need to send money in advance.
A "bring your own" tire is not a spec tire. If you want to go spec, everyone needs to be running the same tire purchased at the race IMO . Otherwise, you may as well just run an open tire. Different stiffness, offset and sizes between manufacturers make a big difference in racing. Good call on this guys!!
Old 08-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #88
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post

I also run for Steve Dunn and ProOne R/C tires and have since he started that company. I personally have mixed emotions about this change and understand fully the impact this will have on your 12th scale program because I'm in the same boat.

The move to a handout 12th stock tire is what the general consensus requested and the Champs is the racer's race, not Sean's race, so I put my preferences aside for the greater good. You don't have to do that because you're not promoting this event. I think you will find that handout spec tires for 12th stock will be the standard for every major national event going forward.

This also helps prevent people from cheating. Nothing is foolproof, but this is a tighter restriction than bring your own purple stripe. There are a few manufacturers whose purple stripe tires are not consistent with the rest of the industry and I don't want problems. As I have said in the past, cheaters will be killed and eaten.

I hope this doesn't cause you to decide not to attend. That would be unfortunate. We are getting this information to you in order to give you time to adjust. If you feel it isn't in your interest, perhaps you can run 13.5 instead. I have found that 13.5 on black carpet feels like 17.5 used to feel on the old gray carpet, so the transition wasn't difficult for me.

John's BSR tires are available nationwide and are a high quality product. John is a class act as well. We are proud to have him involved in the Champs and are certain that this will make the racing tighter and more enjoyable.

There are several entrants already for the 2016 U.S. Indoor Champs. I have not had a chance to get the confirmation emails out and I apologize. I will have them out this week. I am currently focus on my wife's health issues and I hope you can understand that my priorities are exactly where they should be.

If you have additional concerns, please feel free to IM me here, or email us at usindoorchamps@yahoo.com. I am always interested in your input and understand your concern. Thanks.

-Sean
Old 08-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 210 (100%+)

im ok with the spec tire. the spec tires from pro one are the same as the spec tires from BSR. my problems becomes i now have to change my car back over to the standard 12th scale wheels

can i buy them at the door or do i need to preorder?

also understand the family things and hope all work out good.
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1

Last edited by racerx1920; 08-05-2016 at 12:32 PM.
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Every spec tires is different. It might be the same foam but when you get talking about the rim and size of the rim that changes everything. Great call on being a handout spec tire.