R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #31
Tech Addict
 
scirocco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
yes and yes....believe me 25.5 with all this traction is fast...plenty of fast
BATTMAN, that's the problem. With all the traction, the cars are WFO nearly the entire way around. Then it becomes a motor & battery war. The same guys will be up front, the same guys will be at the back. The only difference is that I have to spend several hundred dollars MORE now. I just think going to 25.5 for F1 is the wrong direction for the class. It's 'restrictor plate' racing. Does it bunch up the field? Yes. Does it make for better racing? Not necessarily.

I'd like to see F1 as an 'open motor' class. You want to run a 4.5 mod motor in an F1? Go for it! Make sure you take video. Slowing the cars waaay down just makes it less attractive to me. If you want 'ceiling fan racing' where the cars are nose to tail and wide open all the around, there's always WGT-R.

See you in September.

Mark

Just my opinion. I'll be there regardless.
__________________
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC4 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Bush River RC, The RUG at King, Ho B Max Raceway, Easley RC
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #32
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Man this sounds so good!!! Question about Jr VTA. Is this a class kids can run in? My 6 year old son runs Novice at my local track and does pretty good. I think it would be a shoe in with mama for us to come if he can run .
dayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #33
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

What type of carpet do they have?

Thanks
dayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #34
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,515
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayno View Post
Man this sounds so good!!! Question about Jr VTA. Is this a class kids can run in? My 6 year old son runs Novice at my local track and does pretty good. I think it would be a shoe in with mama for us to come if he can run .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayno View Post
What type of carpet do they have?

Thanks
yes Jr VTA is a very celebrated class for kids 15 and under(some exception) It is very exciting and a ton of fun for them.

We are using the NEW Black CRC carpet on a subfloor

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...161-champ.html
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #35
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
yes Jr VTA is a very celebrated class for kids 15 and under(some exception) It is very exciting and a ton of fun for them.

We are using the NEW Black CRC carpet on a subfloor

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...161-champ.html
Awesome and Awesome Thanks!
dayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #36
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Any recommendations on hotels / motels near the track?
dayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #37
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,515
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

no problem hope you can make it
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #38
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,515
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayno View Post
Any recommendations on hotels / motels near the track?
several ...I normal have a host hotel with discount rate for racers and their families...Im working on that now
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #39
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
several ...I normal have a host hotel with discount rate for racers and their families...Im working on that now
Cool I'll wait on that
dayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:33 PM   #40
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 456
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Dumper used a 25.5 to win the Canadian Nats, everyone else was running 21.5.

I admit I prefer 21.5 because it requires throttle finesse to reach the fastest lap times but it has made racing closer and more available to a larger crowd. Top speed isn't really affected, it is mainly a drop in low end, making corner exit easier.
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #41
Tech Addict
 
scirocco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
Dumper used a 25.5 to win the Canadian Nats, everyone else was running 21.5.

I admit I prefer 21.5 because it requires throttle finesse to reach the fastest lap times but it has made racing closer and more available to a larger crowd. Top speed isn't really affected, it is mainly a drop in low end, making corner exit easier.
I agree 25.5 is easier. On my loaner F1, I usually put in a 25.5 for anyone who wants to try F1 for the 1st time. It's an F104Pro, which is one of the easier F1 cars to drive. By the end of the race day, they're already asking for more power. I can usually run 100% throttle on any 25.5 I put in it, but rarely can run 100% throttle on my 21.5's unless the traction is really high.

I'll race whatever motor is specified for this race. I can afford to try all the different ROAR 25.5 motors (I assume that's what will be required) but not everyone can do that. It's an unnecessary expense IMHO, when pretty much any run of the mill 21.5 motor has more than enough power.

See everyone in September!

Mark
__________________
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC4 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Bush River RC, The RUG at King, Ho B Max Raceway, Easley RC
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #42
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I am planning on making this one, just curious, what is the IROC GT class?
Thanks
Lanny
Lanracer35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #43
ASM
Tech Master
 
ASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

dayno, Darkside really makes the event very special for those in the Jr VTA class. Honestly, many race directors should follow his lead. Your son will be thrilled!
__________________
Scott Meeks

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #44
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,515
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayno View Post
Cool I'll wait on that
should have a few options by Monday and then do some filing down to get the best deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco14 View Post
I agree 25.5 is easier. On my loaner F1, I usually put in a 25.5 for anyone who wants to try F1 for the 1st time. It's an F104Pro, which is one of the easier F1 cars to drive. By the end of the race day, they're already asking for more power. I can usually run 100% throttle on any 25.5 I put in it, but rarely can run 100% throttle on my 21.5's unless the traction is really high.

I'll race whatever motor is specified for this race. I can afford to try all the different ROAR 25.5 motors (I assume that's what will be required) but not everyone can do that. It's an unnecessary expense IMHO, when pretty much any run of the mill 21.5 motor has more than enough power.

See everyone in September!

Mark
very good point...and I agree as well...but under the U.S.VTA banner...I will follow the rules set...and honestly so far since 2007/8 the U.S.VTA has been on par....(even without my opinion..hint hint, LOL)...they have inside, outside, up and down information to come to the decision for the rules for all the U.S.VTA classes...and I trust them...we are in good hands

FYI...if AE produces my F1 by Sept...watch out...Im coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanracer35 View Post
I am planning on making this one, just curious, what is the IROC GT class?
Thanks
Lanny
TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
dayno, Darkside really makes the event very special for those in the Jr VTA class. Honestly, many race directors should follow his lead. Your son will be thrilled!
thanks for the kind words...
Attached Thumbnails
2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-user57159_pic1486_1338498652.jpg   2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-14.jpg  
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #45
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,515
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here are some of the Jr VTA pics
Attached Thumbnails
2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-_dsc0412.jpg   2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-20150920_180550.jpg   2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-user57159_pic2161_1340074496.jpg   2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-_dsc0323.jpg   2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-14-10.jpg  

__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net