R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Looking for new on road car

Hello everyone,
I am in the market for a new on road car. I currently race a 4x4 losi SCT and a 1/8 E buggy.
I am looking for something in the 1/10 scale to run at our track on practice days and maybe a few club events. I have been out of the 1/10 on road scene for quite some time. My previous car was a HPI RS4 Sport 2. Not sure even what classes are out there, but I would probably run some type of mod class. I am assuming many of these cars either run rubber slick tires or foams? I have done some general searching and see car kits go from 100$ up to 600$ and on. I prefer a kit as I have a radio and will buy motor and ESC separately.

Please let me know what is a decent car out there.

Thanks
Bh1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yokomo BD-7 or xRay T4...
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh1989 View Post
Hello everyone,
I am assuming many of these cars either run rubber slick tires or foams?
Usually touring cars are all about rubber tires nowadays. You'll have a really hard time finding people running races on foams these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Yokomo BD-7 or xRay T4...
Excellent cars, both.

Apparently the new VBC WildFire D08 is also doing quite well. Then there's also Tamiya, Associated, Durango, Awesomatix, etc... there are a lot of cars out there. And quite a few good ones, as well.

And that's just the touring car side of things. There's also pan cars...
DirkW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Best place to look is in the For Sale section. I have a sedan there you should look at.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
Tech Addict

The best advice would be "go to the track, see what they race and who's there that you can lean on for set up help".
Old 05-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Db7, T4, do8 and a good one that's pretty underrated and good price is the detc410
Old 05-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
The best advice would be "go to the track, see what they race and who's there that you can lean on for set up help".
. Plus 1

It's nice to run a common car to borrow/buy parts from fellow racers and learn set up.

Most good quality on road cars are good. I run a MTS T2 (Race Opt) that I got from Dischargerc.com. I think it was only 275ish. It is very competitive. A lot of guys run this car at my track. Other good choices are xray, ARC R11, And Yokomo.
SouthFloridaApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

If you haven't ran onroad in a long time I would recommend running stock 17.5 with an X-ray t4 or yokomo bd7
Smithracer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

im maybe selling my bd7 2016 black w spears. Running it 2 months but other priorities .
Pm me if you feel like

Cheers
Peterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:08 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

+1 Awesomatix A800

Superb car. Some people are a little nervous about the differences with suspension and setup, but when you've built and run one you see how easy they are to tune and service. Superb parts machining. Full roll-bar set in standard kit. Dampers come ready assembled with recommended oil. Quicker than I've ever been with it after 18 years of racing.

I also agree with seeing what local racers run. Good for setup assistance and hints and tips on what you're running. Which ever car you go for listed here can be just as fast as another. Some have quite wide setup windows, others are quite narrow. But as we know, it's a never ending quest for perfection...
JimboAMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

check your pm
Peterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

PERFECTION = AWESOMATIX A700 !!! PERIOD......
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAMX View Post
+1 Awesomatix A800

Superb car. Some people are a little nervous about the differences with suspension and setup, but when you've built and run one you see how easy they are to tune and service. Superb parts machining. Full roll-bar set in standard kit. Dampers come ready assembled with recommended oil. Quicker than I've ever been with it after 18 years of racing.

I also agree with seeing what local racers run. Good for setup assistance and hints and tips on what you're running. Which ever car you go for listed here can be just as fast as another. Some have quite wide setup windows, others are quite narrow. But as we know, it's a never ending quest for perfection...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote