Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT IMPLULSE BRUSHLESS CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default SERPENT IMPLULSE BRUSHLESS CONVERSION

Hello all. Friend just gave an old school Serpent Impulse with a nova Rossi motor.

I want to convert it to brushless. Anyone tried this here? Google on showed the -/8 conversions
Old 05-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Bump
Old 05-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by serafin
Bump
There is really no place to put all of the electric stuff in a nitro touring car, you would be better off picking up a normal car. The 1/8 scale stuff is done that way because there are no 1/8 electric purpose built cars until very recently.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DesertRat
There is really no place to put all of the electric stuff in a nitro touring car, you would be better off picking up a normal car. The 1/8 scale stuff is done that way because there are no 1/8 electric purpose built cars until very recently.
I see. So no ones has tried to make motor mounts at all? Thanks for the info man.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:33 AM
Tech Lord

I have seen conversion kits for the 733 and the Mugen MTX5 based on a 540/550 brushless motor and a 3S battery pack.

For an impulse you need to bee creative. Get rid of the radio plate and try to fit batteries, electronics and make a new radio plate and a motor mount. Easy!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
I have seen conversion kits for the 733 and the Mugen MTX5 based on a 540/550 brushless motor and a 3S battery pack.

For an impulse you need to bee creative. Get rid of the radio plate and try to fit batteries, electronics and make a new radio plate and a motor mount. Easy!
there's room in there for sure, I have converted my LST here http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...-must-see.html and its for speed runs..

i just don't have a cnc machine to make the motor mounts.. if anyone has tried or know of any motor moutns that'll work, give me a holler

thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Tech Lord

You do not need a CNC machine to crate a motormount.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

You do not need a CNC machine to crate a motormount.
What about a single speed hub for the spur? Any ideas?
Old 05-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Tech Lord

They can be found as rain spur adapters, but because just some people make these they are hard to be found. Also the Impulse gearbox is a normal 1/8 type gearbox so you can look out for a Serpent 1/8 scale conversion adapter, I think they are much easier to be found.

And if you know someone with a lathe he could make you one or a shaft where you can press on an old oneway adapter (with a pressed out one way bearing)
Old 05-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

They can be found as rain spur adapters, but because just some people make these they are hard to be found. Also the Impulse gearbox is a normal 1/8 type gearbox so you can look out for a Serpent 1/8 scale conversion adapter, I think they are much easier to be found.

And if you know someone with a lathe he could make you one or a shaft where you can press on an old oneway adapter (with a pressed out one way bearing)
Thanks man. So the impulse has a 1/8 gearbox?
So this should work http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=Single+Speed+Conversion
Old 05-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

If I remember the Impulse original came out with single speed, It came out with 2sd a month later it was released, it used 2sp from the Impact M2. Like Roelof be creative on motor mount, and top deck, cuz top deck supports your steering servo.

Impulse and Impact M2 used the same chassis only Impact uses drive like the Vector, easy change wheels. Impulse the 190mm hex drive.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

awesome thanks Geezatec, will keep you guys updated whay i can find, still searching around for motor mount