R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree159Likes

Old 07-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #616
Tech Rookie

Default Mod on stock

Newbie here, my local hobby shop just opened on road track.
What upgrades would you guys do on stock chassis first?
onenext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #617
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenext View Post
Newbie here, my local hobby shop just opened on road track.
What upgrades would you guys do on stock chassis first?
This is also my first year with F1. Just build it as the book says. I've done nothing but change tires and gearing. And over 6 races I've cut my lap time by and average of almost 6 seconds. Be more if practice was available.
Only common issue seems to be front wing. Some have switch to protoform, tamiya and a third can't think of. My original wing bent by end of second race. Stayed with stock and 4 race days and no signs of bending
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
So the CRC premounts are the way to go over the Gravity? I like the fact the latter it $20 cheaper lol
I would say it depents on the track. I have run them on 2 of our outdoor venues and altough they felt ok they lacked corner speed compared the the standard tamiya f104 front & pit rear.

Overall the GR tires are good and seem to wear well. The fronts took a very long time to scrub in and and look as though a single pair will last a very long time. Compared the the tamiya front they scrub more on entry through mid corner with a more pronounced push on exit.

The rears are a bit more stable than pits with less forward traction when the track is warm. Paired with tamiya fronts lap times are comparable when its hot out with slightly longer tire life. In cooler temps they fall well short of pit tires.

In warmer climates they may compare more favorably than here in the PNW.
I have a 2nd set I'll give a try in indoors, i'm thinking they may work as good if not better than standard 571/572 setup on hte rug.

For clubs looking for a pre-mount control tire the new rides look like balanced option at a lower price point than CRC tires.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #619
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Other than the videos from Asia, who is testing these? Are they even final production units or is this just a hype video and this a proof of concept test? There is only info on Facebook. Their own website has Nnnnothing! Everyone is having a stroke over something we can't even order. If you have some to test, how did you get them and under what restrictions?
Facebook is saying the tires will become available in August. At least in Europe. Still looking for when/if they'll be available in the States.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote