R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2016, 06:37 AM   #121
Tech Master

Castle Creations that i know is moving Wharehouse for a bigger one and is coming now with sensored motors

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

They will "cremation" other manufacters with the new big wharehouse/USA factory

Track racers will buy sensored motors from Castle, finally

They opening the doors for me is a big plus... they are showing now what some (me included) customers want!

Take a peek at the factory and know that they really do their job... not just like ZTW throwing 220a 6s esc's outhere to the world esc, that actually are not made for 6s, but THEY have adervertisemnt's that is 6s capable!! , leaving customer's and Hobbyshop's (yes more deep then we think) with no warranty besides having invoice and less then 2weeks of NO USE, and never answer emails... ok, thanks! Goodbye! Gonna tell the world what you are doing... Zero Thrust Wins
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"Cremations" rulez :P
Old 03-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #122
Tech Initiate

Default XLX/XL2 is Not only option. Max 5 is fine.

XL2 is not the only option. MGM is the way to go but most are too cheap to fork over $600 for a proper ESC. Alien is an upgrade Flier supposedly which they are known to burn your cars to the ground. The BL5 or Max 5 does fine in speed runs so not sure whatever he is talking about. Only issue we ran into was overtemp protection can kick in but it's easily remedied by a Wild Turbo Fan (WTF) and then the ESC will out perform a XLX/XL2. Because there is no data logging most guys who've used them have no idea why they cut off and make presumptions it's something else. Hobbywing was thinking 1/5 scale driving not 100+ mph so they used a very small and mostly adequate Fan in the majority of cases. We are running 100-130mph RC's with the BL5 and upgraded $15 Fan and certain it will go even faster yet. Our most recent build in a 1/8 buggy converted on-road is expected to go 150mph if it pans out as calculated. Waiting on a few parts and it should be ready to run soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
It is hard to believe that the XL2 is the only option. What are people like Nic Case and Tim Smith using in their cars?
Uguessedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #123
Tech Adept

Here are mine side by side. I like the fact that the XLX already has the capacitors installed. The overall design is very similar though.

+ YouTube Video

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69lF5NxntQc