R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree58Likes

Old 04-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #1066
Tech Rookie

Hey fellas, does anyone know how to stop the front end cvd chatter? I have a spool in the front and when I gas the car while the wheels a straight everything is fine, but when I turn left or right the car makes this horrible noise as if something is binding? Aslo how is everyone mounting there shorty packs? What Tamiya wing do you guys recommend for Usgt?
dkallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #1067
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkallday View Post
Hey fellas, does anyone know how to stop the front end cvd chatter? I have a spool in the front and when I gas the car while the wheels a straight everything is fine, but when I turn left or right the car makes this horrible noise as if something is binding? Aslo how is everyone mounting there shorty packs? What Tamiya wing do you guys recommend for Usgt?
The only way to deal with that issue is to buy double cardan joints. As for the best Tamiya wing for usgt I'm not sure there is one. Hpi makes a great set of molded wings that are usgt legal.
JoshuaRC10 and freaky321 like this.
nubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:52 AM   #1068
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubs View Post
The only way to deal with that issue is to buy double cardan joints. As for the best Tamiya wing for usgt I'm not sure there is one. Hpi makes a great set of molded wings that are usgt legal.
Indeed I do have the double cardan joints and it really solves the problem of the chatter,too bad they are not included with the pro kit(not so pro at all ...)
I own the tamiya ones and they are great quality,highly recommended

no other way to solve this unfortunalty
freaky321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:54 AM   #1069
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky321 View Post
Indeed I do have the double cardan joints and it really solves the problem of the chatter,too bad they are not included with the pro kit(not so pro at all ...)

Clearly you're not well versed in the Tamiya product lines. "Pro" kits aren't the top of the line TRF kits, they are a step up from the standard kits with basic upgrades like bearings and oil filled dampers. At least it's not providing the crappy dogbones.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 AM   #1070
Tech Addict

Quote:

Old worn standard driveshafts with more play can reduce the chatter.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #1071
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Clearly you're not well versed in the Tamiya product lines. "Pro" kits aren't the top of the line TRF kits, they are a step up from the standard kits with basic upgrades like bearings and oil filled dampers. At least it's not providing the crappy dogbones.
I know I own an 419x,but its all plastic.Yes the dampers are great, and drive shafts are ok,but its all too plastic.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #1072
Tech Addict

Quote:
I know I own an 419x,but its all plastic.Yes the dampers are great, and drive shafts are ok,but its all too plastic.
All plastic? Are you trying to troll us?
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #1073
Tech Rookie

no,I am not,just my opinion,I like the ta07 for the handling,possibilty to beat more expensive cars.Even my 419x

But all the plastics...

Look at your servo when you steer with the plastic servo mount,the whole servo moves,terrible wheel hubs at stock,they fall out wheel you remove the wheels and break easy when you use a 16t or equal
The terible plastic pulley,it breaks easy.
TTe sock servo saver does have a lot of flex to
The flex within the standard damper stays is very noticible.Look at the damper stay when you push in the damper.
Plastics off those parts is too soft
C hubs are not hard to break(yes the stock,the carbon reinforced is worse),at our club we have a lot off ta07 racers,this is a common problem
Plus those blue ball connectors they include are way to soft,they easy wear out.
The alu steering shafts bent easely with a crash or something(due the length of the shafts and the material) like that,steel versions would be better

I love my ta07 with all the hop ups that I have on it now,but,standard there is room for improvement.

Last edited by freaky321; 04-23-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #1074
Tech Master

The 419X is *not* all plastic.

Also, your complaint about the servo mount is apparently a design feature nowadays; they call it a "floating servo mount". I don't comprehend the purpose of such a thing, but apparently some people think it makes the car faster.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #1075
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
The 419X is *not* all plastic.

Also, your complaint about the servo mount is apparently a design feature nowadays; they call it a "floating servo mount". I don't comprehend the purpose of such a thing, but apparently some people think it makes the car faster.
I think they're trying to say (quite poorly) that the TA07 is all plastic. Again, that's a common trait among the "Pro" Tamiya kits.

The floating servo mount design is to prevent the servo mounts from causing uneven flex in the chassis itself, as otherwise it braces the chassis.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #1076
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
no,I am not,just my opinion,I like the ta07 for the handling,possibilty to beat more expensive cars.Even my 419x

I love my ta07 with all the hop ups that I have on it now,but,standard there is room for improvement.
Translation: Hop-ups may improve the car as intended.
gigaplex likes this.
B. Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #1077
Tech Apprentice

Gee. What do you want for $225.
moistAF likes this.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:36 AM   #1078
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Santos View Post
Translation: Hop-ups may improve the car as intended.

yes,but some parts break down too often and with ease.like the pulley and wheel hubs If they where made, from better plastics,I would not complain,but some parts are just too weak.

i like this car,really like it,with the replaced parts
Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 AM   #1079
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
I think they're trying to say (quite poorly) that the TA07 is all plastic. Again, that's a common trait among the "Pro" Tamiya kits.

The floating servo mount design is to prevent the servo mounts from causing uneven flex in the chassis itself, as otherwise it braces the chassis.
the floating servo is great,but again of the servo mount was build from better(stiffer) plastics,I would not complain.It moves way too much.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:15 AM   #1080
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
the floating servo is great,but again of the servo mount was build from better(stiffer) plastics,I would not complain.It moves way too much.
You don't get that in this level of kit for the price but what is nice about this kit is you can pick and choose the level of upgrades you want to install in the car and don't have to just purchase a $500-$600 car out of the gate. if you want a better floating servo mount go buy the hop-up part. I believe it is part # 54724.
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote