Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree488Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Base setup for Tamiya America is yellow springs all around with around 35 wt 450cst oil all around. C/C front blocks and AX/D at the rear with no block spacers. Upper arms almost parallel to the lower arm front and rear. We usually put 3mm spacers on the rear upright and put corresponding amount of spacers on the rear bulkhead to maintain parallelism to increase compliance. Rear diff we use from 2000 to 5000 depending on the traction level. Diff tightness is very important on that track. I always look for the hardest oil we can get away with without having spinning out issue out of the turns on that track.

I think Tamiya track is having traction issues lately due to cold so don't be too discouraged if the car do not seem to be on rails right now.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Base setup for Tamiya America is yellow springs all around with around 35 wt 450cst oil all around. C/C front blocks and AX/D at the rear with no block spacers. Upper arms almost parallel to the lower arm front and rear. We usually put 3mm spacers on the rear upright and put corresponding amount of spacers on the rear bulkhead to maintain parallelism to increase compliance. Rear diff we use from 2000 to 5000 depending on the traction level. Diff tightness is very important on that track. I always look for the hardest oil we can get away with without having spinning out issue out of the turns on that track.

I think Tamiya track is having traction issues lately due to cold so don't be too discouraged if the car do not seem to be on rails right now.
Good suggestions. Will try them out this weekend as well. thx.

I also found out the stock Tamiya shock oil is 30 wt / 400cst as thats whats in it.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Decided to put together a bearing guide if anyone wants it. Useful if you want to buy a new set of ceramic bearings or just replace your stock ones.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...g%20Guide.xlsx
Old 12-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nubs
Decided to put together a bearing guide if anyone wants it. Useful if you want to buy a new set of ceramic bearings or just replace your stock ones.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...g%20Guide.xlsx
Thanks for sharing..
Old 12-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Still can't find how to order the Active Hobby parts for this car. And it looks like they have come out with some cool new stuff too. Would really like to get those braces though. Car was here at in practice, but the action came way up before 1st qual, and I fought traction rolling all day. I think a stiffer chassis would have helped some. I can see the motor mount twist when I hold the car in the air and hit the he throttle. And this is with a 25.5.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Questions?? traction rolling questions

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Still can't find how to order the Active Hobby parts for this car. And it looks like they have come out with some cool new stuff too. Would really like to get those braces though. Car was here at in practice, but the action came way up before 1st qual, and I fought traction rolling all day. I think a stiffer chassis would have helped some. I can see the motor mount twist when I hold the car in the air and hit the he throttle. And this is with a 25.5.
Prof,
2 questions regarding your traction rolling problem. Are you using the aluminum motor mounts and are you using the graphite suspension parts? Also curious what springs are you running on carpet and what carpet grey or black?
thx
Old 12-19-2016, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

I grey carpet, but it's directly on the concreat floor. We always have the issue of traction going way up when it rains or high humidity as the moisture gets into the carpet.

I am running the aluminum motor mounts and graphite parts. For springs I'm running yoke pink/blue.

My car has been handling great for the past two race days, and great in the morning before the rain yesterday. It was pointed out by a friend that I may be over saucing my tires. I went with a quick coat and wipe with only about s minute soak in the tires and the issue went way down. The tires were new a couple races ago and I think that they have finally "broken in" and I can go to almost no sauce.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I grey carpet, but it's directly on the concreat floor. We always have the issue of traction going way up when it rains or high humidity as the moisture gets into the carpet.

I am running the aluminum motor mounts and graphite parts. For springs I'm running yoke pink/blue.

My car has been handling great for the past two race days, and great in the morning before the rain yesterday. It was pointed out by a friend that I may be over saucing my tires. I went with a quick coat and wipe with only about s minute soak in the tires and the issue went way down. The tires were new a couple races ago and I think that they have finally "broken in" and I can go to almost no sauce.
Prof, I'd like to give your configuration a try on the carpet track I am running, do you think you could fill out one of those settings forms? I have pretty good traction, but I definitely am not getting so much traction that I am having to worry about flipping over.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

I can. I'll post it up in here in a couple days. I'm out of town at the moment.

But I can give a good start.

AE 35 weight fluid fr/rr
Yoke pink front blue rear springs
Upper shock mount in middleish hole front and rear
Front 05e blocks no spacers under
Rear Xb/d or c blocks no spacers under
Front and rear inner camber link 3/4 mm washers
-2 camber all the way around
3k diff
Old 12-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default ?

Anyone have an extra set of 44mm Double Cardan Joint Shafts they want to sell?

If no, will going back to the front diff with heavy oil get rid of the chatter?
Old 12-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

It will help some, and so will reducing the amount of throw the steering has. I've found that in very rarely need full throw.

Best thing to get though is the DCJ's.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can. I'll post it up in here in a couple days. I'm out of town at the moment.

But I can give a good start.

AE 35 weight fluid fr/rr
Yoke pink front blue rear springs
Upper shock mount in middleish hole front and rear
Front 05e blocks no spacers under
Rear Xb/d or c blocks no spacers under
Front and rear inner camber link 3/4 mm washers
-2 camber all the way around
3k diff
Your inner camber link has 3/4mm... I didn't expect that. Doesn't that raise your center of gravity? That could explain the traction roll right?
Old 12-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Well I found something that could be causing it... a screw holding the rear inner toe block had been backing out. And by the scratches on the head of it, looked like it had been dragging the carpet for a while. It was either grabbing the carpet when the chassis rolled and/or was preventing the suspension from doing its job like it is supposed to. Other toe block screws were loose as well. Guess it's time to start doing a little between rounds preventative maintenance.

As for the camber links, I did lower them 1mm prior to the main and it helped. But again the last race and during practice with that same set-up my car was dailed. Traction came up so fast due to the floor sweating into the carpet. Traction came up faster than we have ever seen it at our track. I wasn't the only one the was having issues. But I will raise the RC for my next race on the black carpet since I know that is higher traction.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

ARC light weight aluminum spool outdrives installed. After removing about 2mm from the inner section of the outdrives, they fit great and are 5g lighter (as a pair) than the Tamiya light weight steel outdrives. I know it's not mush but if your still running the stock outdrives, I'd go with thee over the steel. At least running 21.5 or 25.5 class motors.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default outdrives

ARC light weight aluminum spool outdrives installed. After removing about 2mm from the inner section of the outdrives, they fit great and are 5g lighter (as a pair) than the Tamiya light weight steel outdrives. I know it's not mush but if your still running the stock outdrives, I'd go with thee over the steel. At least running 21.5 or 25.5 class motors.

I used the tamiya lightweight outdrives listed back in the thread no adjustments needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.