Wiki Posts
Search

LRP QUANTUM COMPETITION 2 Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

LRP QUANTUM COMPETITION 2 Questions.

Hello all,
I'm looking to upgrade my speedy and i have been offered a LRP Quantum Comp 2 @ runs old with the world kit for $150AUS. I just wanted to know what other people who have had this speedy think of it?
Is the Punch Fuction any good?
Are there any know issues it them?
Would i be better off saving a bit more and getting the Novak GTX?
And my last question This speedy has a limit of no lower them 5 turns, but if i was to run a 7 turn is there a change that the speedy will not handle it? Dumb question i know but just want to check.

Many Thanks
LRDARS

Last edited by lrdars; 12-12-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I personally would stay away from the novaks,for $150 I would just wait and get a LRP Q3,or a Tekin G-11pro
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hyper1
I personally would stay away from the novaks,for $150 I would just wait and get a LRP Q3,or a Tekin G-11pro
would u mind explaining why to stay away from novak? the gtx is one of the best esc out there.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

I personally would stay away from the novaks,
Could you please explain your statement???What's wrong with Novak?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A statement like this can easily be discarded as useless, unless it is backed up with facts and/or information...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cmon guys i really need this information. You are getting off the topic.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There have been a few known issues over time, one is that is doesnt provide enough BEC voltage for the Spektrum reciever and can cause problems with the reciever rebooting, but can be fixed with a plug in capacitor for the reciever.

The other main problem has been that they sometimes burn out and even catch fire for no obvious reason.

Other than that they're OK. For my money i'd get a GTX though, I have 2 GTX's and have never had any issues with them - and i've never heard of any issues with them at all...
Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I ran a QC2 for a while and it worked well for me...

there are some questions/potential issues with the BEC current available from the QC2 (which I believe they have adressed in the QC3)

I am currently running a Novak GTX and it works very nicely, although honestly I'm not a huge fan of Novak's constant desire to put buttons, lights, etc on almost all sides of their devies thereby limiting your installation options...

You may also want to consider the KO VFS-1 (Hara Twister) in your search...

$150AUD sounds a little on the high side for a QC2 right now though if you look at what they are going for on this board and others...and the uncertainty with the BEC current (possibly effecting signal with Spektrum and missing laps with a personal transponder) ....I'd keep looking...
Old 12-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
I am currently running a Novak GTX and it works very nicely, although honestly I'm not a huge fan of Novak's constant desire to put buttons, lights, etc on almost all sides of their devies thereby limiting your installation options...
Come to think of it, this has been one thing i've not been particularly content with on my GTX's - but I do feel the overall quality of the GTX makes this of a lower concern and I dont often change profiles anyway. Something to bear in mind though I guess.

As also mentioned by ChrisP the various KO VFS-1's are fantastic also, but they're more technically advanced than the QC2 and GTX as they're programmed via a hand-held programmer or via a PC. This can also yield better performance, but it does require more technical knowledge. I've seen one top local racer (tq & won 19t and won stock at our state/region titles just last month) switch from the VFS-1 to the GTX simply because the GTX is more 'plug and play' friendly. VFS-1 setups are available on the web, however.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't forget about the Keyence Rapida,it's about as advanced as you get,and very user friendly.You can adjust to your hearts content with it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I really like my VFS-1 Pro Comp.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a Novak GTX and never had any problems with it. I have a LRP Q2 and never had any problems with it either. The LRP Q2 is the competition to the Novak GT7 while the LRP Q3 will be the competition to the Novak GTX
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

I am a serious racer and the LRP QC2 is not the speed control to have. My problem is the push buttons. My drag and internal brake do not work and are stuck in the fith position. I would recommand the KO Propo VFS-1 Competition because of the life time warranty and the programing options.

And who can beat the Carbon case look.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TadehI
I am a serious racer and the LRP QC2 is not the speed control to have. My problem is the push buttons. My drag and internal brake do not work and are stuck in the fith position. I would recommand the KO Propo VFS-1 Competition because of the life time warranty and the programing options.

serious racers cares about esc smoothness and punch not stuck buttons. lrp have great service and will fix your problem no questions ask. thats not a good enough reason to not like the QC2 besides i never heard of that problem before
Old 12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TadehI

Better let the guys like Matt Francis or the guys from AE know that a serious racer should not run a QC2...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.