Wiki Posts
Search

IIC Returns - October 2-7, 2016

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Maybe I got a bad pack but my Orion HV shorty performs worse than my regular Orion shorty packs when charged to same voltage. Personally I think IR matters more and one you can feel a difference under higher amp charging.
I found the same w/Orion 1s batteries charged at 4.2v cut-off, I have a 7500hv and several 7200. Only after the 3rd run do the 7500 start getting the rip of the 7200s on first charge. IR on HV almost double after resting for a week, but starts dropping as you charge them several times in a day.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger
Thanks Kraig! I'm one of the unconfirmed on the WGTR list so I'll make sure to get my payment in. Can spouses pay to be included in the Sunday dinner?
Yes they can.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Yes they can.
How much we have to pay for it?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kraig,
Can you or Scotty please confirm that the 1/12 mod class is still open motor, esc and tires.
Because some people start to spread that it will be a 6.5 blinky with spec tires.
thank you
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silden
Kraig,
Can you or Scotty please confirm that the 1/12 mod class is still open motor, esc and tires.
Because some people start to spread that it will be a 6.5 blinky with spec tires.
thank you
There will be an announcement later today on this. So for today it's still open, but after today who knows.....
Old 09-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

How many signups we have right now. I'm talking about the real number, not the one from the website.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silden
How much we have to pay for it?
I don't have the price on that but you can pay when you check-in at the table.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is getting excited for the rebirth of the IIC. It has been a long time coming and we are really excited to get back to Vegas to get things rolling.

A BIG REMINDER!!! OUR HOTEL BLOCK CLOSES IN A FEW DAYS, IF YOU HAVE NOT BOOKED YOUR ROOM PLEASE CALL THE HOTEL AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TO GET OUR AWESOME IIC PRICES. 1-800-635-7711 AND THE ROOM CODE IS SIIC6R. ALSO WE WILL SEND OUT OUR ENTRY LIST TO GET OUR AWESOME BADGES PRINTED SO IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED BY SEPT 14 YOU MAY NOT GET A BADGE, YOU CAN STILL ENTER BUT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET A NAME BADGE.

I just returned from the World Championships in China and at the 1/12th WC we saw the unfortunate side of where the 1/12th Mod class is going. We saw some of the top drivers in the World struggle with the speed and the handling of these cars in the challenging conditions. I made it a point to talk to all of the top drivers and manufacturers to try to work together to find a solution to keep this class from imploding on itself as the cars are just too fast. We had many suggestions and thoughts and everyone wants the same thing, a class that is still fast and fun to race but somehow controls the speed of these cars.

When I returned I saw the entry count in 1/12th Mod for the IIC was very low. We had 12 entries signed up, of those entries, there is a massive gap in ability and skill level which would make for a very disappointing class at the race. The per lap gap would honestly be so big that it would be nearly impossible to ensure a good final and none of us want that for the guys racing in that class. I tried to call/txt/email each of the 12 drivers to discuss the class and current conditions and discuss options to try and make the best of the situation. What we have decided is to set a motor limit of 6.5 Modified with Blinky settings on the ESC. I will be the first to admit this is not the ending solution to save this class. We basically just made it another spec class. But in the short time we have before the IIC, my team and I feel this is the best solution to try and have the best 1/12th Mod class we can.

I fully understand not everyone agrees with this but we had 99% of the guys I was able to reach felt it was a positive move. The hope is that some of the 13.5 guys will want to try this new class and I hope it deepens the field and how awesome would it be to have a C main in 1/12th Mod. We will have a group chat one night at the IIC to get anyone who is interested in helping 1/12th grow throw out ideas and discuss ways to improve the class. I have purchased some 6.5 motors and any racer that was signed up for the class before this post that will not be able to afford a new motor, I will be happy to provide one to use.

I hope everyone understands our goal is to try and make the class the best possible. I know this change wont be perfect, but if we dont try, that is when we will fail. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,
Scotty
Old 09-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scotty Ernst

I fully understand not everyone agrees with this but we had 99% of the guys I was able to reach felt it was a positive move. The hope is that some of the 13.5 guys will want to try this new class and I hope it deepens the field and how awesome would it be to have a C main in 1/12th Mod.
Great choice to try and grow the class Scotty. Acknowledging it may not be the ideal solution but that it's a step in the right direction is something I wish more people would do.

And for what it's worth I know of a few people that will sign up now that wouldn't previously!
Old 09-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Scotty Ernst

When I returned I saw the entry count in 1/12th Mod for the IIC was very low. We had 12 entries signed up, of those entries, there is a massive gap in ability and skill level which would make for a very disappointing class at the race. The per lap gap would honestly be so big that it would be nearly impossible to ensure a good final and none of us want that for the guys racing in that class. I tried to call/txt/email each of the 12 drivers to discuss the class and current conditions and discuss options to try and make the best of the situation. What we have decided is to set a motor limit of 6.5 Modified with Blinky settings on the ESC. I will be the first to admit this is not the ending solution to save this class. We basically just made it another spec class. But in the short time we have before the IIC, my team and I feel this is the best solution to try and have the best 1/12th Mod class we can.

This is what my experience was the last time I ran modified. Was at one of the largest events in our area and because of the gap between cars with less than 10 entries, I had about 1 1/2 enjoyable minutes out of 40 on the clock.

As Scotty and many other voiced opinions have stated, 6.5 blinky may not be where the solution lies but could move the quickest class in RC down the road to where it may be the most fun again for a larger group of racers. The BRCA idea of 6.5 blinky has support from the people he contacted for the IIC and their is also interest for the class at the Halloween Classic. I am looking forward to peoples feed back after the two events to hear the pros and cons and any suggestions on tweaking the "spec" if needed.

Hope everyone has a great time at the IIC this year, wish I could be there!!

Mitch
Old 09-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am looking forward to mod 12 not looking like a "poo show". While I enjoy the challenge of open mod, I have already wrapped my mind around this new challenge. Open mod 12 was racing off into an elitist sunset that even the pro-level drivers were struggling to make look enticing. While I may have liked another avenue explored, 6.5-blinky is good first step. I am on board.

Brian
Old 09-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kraig or Scotty,
Can you please update the Signup page to reflect the rule change.
Thank you

Last edited by silden; 09-10-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

classy move having motors available to racers who need it for the 6.5 class Scotty ! Way to look out for the average racer
Old 09-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Have the Spec F1 tires been confirmed yet ?

Thank you,

Panda
Old 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spec GT

Hey Scotty or Kraig,

Is there going to be a limit on FDR for the Spec GT class as there was in the past? I don't see anything listed on this in this years rules. Please let me know so I can order any gears that I may need to.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.