R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Pennies for battery bars (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/9355-pennies-battery-bars.html)

popsracer 11-07-2002 08:19 PM

Pennies for battery bars

I wass tinking of way to save a few $$$ insembling my batterery packs.
So took some pennies and cut hem into 3rds. I used th center 1/3 as a batterery bar because real copper used in pennies. Not cheap plated stuff used in store bought batterery bars. I only use old pennies, one was 1909 vdb.
Rhen I mix up some JB weld and stuck it to he batterery post. JB weld is real metal in it you know. When the bars were done, I use some elecricral tape and warpped it real tight around the batteryies, aboat 10 times, to hold wires to my batteryies.
I not race with this yet, but I think it make my car go at least 80 miles hours. Wha t yuo guys tink.

BoneHead

:lol:

seaball 11-07-2002 09:31 PM

i think that was a super funny post. the whole time i was reading it, i couldn't help but notice it kept getting worse. jb weld? that was good. i was just shaking my head untill the end when i busted out laughing. that's good stuff.

Boomer 11-07-2002 10:20 PM

yeah, especially the "real copper used in pennies" and the 1909vdb penny. . .:lol:

rccarracer 11-07-2002 11:00 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: You people crack me up.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im2lazy 11-08-2002 02:41 AM

if that were true, the coin collectors of America would march to your door like in the movie "Frankenstein", while an rc guy would be slapping youin face for being a complete idiot.

At least most people aren't so dumb. (it is very sad that I had to say most people as opposed to all):( :lol: :lol: :lol:
its wrong to indulge in the idiocy of others:lol: .

But it is likely someone may have tried a similar stunt knowing some things people have done.

ongbenghui 11-08-2002 03:02 AM

Is it legal to destroy currency in US ?

mike_Webb 11-08-2002 08:02 AM

Sure it is legal.. the US Government Flushes money down the toilet every day!!!!

popsracer 11-08-2002 08:14 AM

Glad you likes it

Once in awhile I come up a good one.

Take a look at the Nov/2002 issue (#84) of Xtreme R/C Cars Magazine.
Check out the Hitec Race coverage on pages 106-110. On pg. 106, the guy facing the drivers stand with the Hitec shirt & black & red cap is me! The little kid on the drivers stand is my son Michael 7yrs old. The picture of the Super Nitro cutting the corner dot too close is of mine (only got 4th).
On pg. 108 there is a picture of two people on the drivers stand. I'm the one wearing the black & red cap and with the sunglasses hanging. (got 1st in Nitro Expert "B" Main).
Anyway that's who I am.

Jack Smash 11-08-2002 09:12 AM

I liked the part about taping the wires to the pack. Rofl
:lol:

BigDogRacing 11-08-2002 09:20 AM

Originally posted by ongbenghui
Is it legal to destroy currency in US ?
Yes, it is illegal to deface American currency.

Unfortunately, like Mike said, defacing and wasting are two different things.....:weird:

Great post pops- funny stuff :lol:

Grizzbob 11-08-2002 12:23 PM

I do find it odd that they say it's illegal to deface US currency, when I know kids that go to DisneyWorld or DisneyLand can have their pennies stamped into little keepsakes of Disney characters(my niece has nearly a dozen, that they made from pennies she gave them)....:cool:

popsracer 11-08-2002 06:16 PM

Taping the wires on

By taping the wires on, there is no loss power through that metal stuff that people melt on insted of using elecerial tape. My da get real mad cause I cut up his pennies collection. Just a bunch of old pennys.

Im2lazy 11-09-2002 06:31 AM

:weird: :weird: :weird: :confused: :confused: :weird: :weird: :weird: You're beginning to creep me out b/c I can't tell whether you're serious or not!:eek:

popsracer 11-09-2002 07:46 AM

What's REALLY scarey!

Is someone, somewhere has probally already really done this.

HEY!!, How come your always sleeping?

Im2lazy 11-10-2002 02:32 AM

b/c I'm always staying up too late... for instance right now it is 12:15 in Hawaii. should be sleeping but I'll be sleeping until it's like around 12:00 noon b4 I wake up.:sweat:

Plus, I was sick when I made my screen name...:( I slept for like 18hrs. per day (while drinking a record 256 oz. of Gatorade when I was awake:eek: :weird: :lol: :lol: ) Poor me:lol: I'm always getting sick.

i'd love to have someone come here and say "I tried that last night and my car is five times faster!" :weird: :weird: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(reminds me of some of those nitro beginners who swear their 2 speed equipped w/ stock engine vehicles top out at 70 mph:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: ... weirdos :rolleyes: )