Sprint 2 brushless upgrade.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sprint 2 brushless upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Sprint GTI brushless upgrade.

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the EP side of RC cars, as I am primarily into 1/8 GP buggies and monster trucks, and 1/10 GP touring.
My only EP experience is with a 1/16 brushed buggy, and a brushless 1/10 2WD SC truck.
So I apologize if my questions are very noobish! Lol
I recently aquired a used HPI sprint GTI, it came with a new Flysky 2.4G Tx/Rx, LRP 3000 NimH battery, LRP A.I. Pro brushed/brushless 150A ESC (Pn 80150), Peak Racing "Carrera" modified brushed motor, and a NimH/Lipo multi charger.
I want to try get more power out of it, and was thinking of trying the brushless can out of my SC truck.
All it has on it is a sticker saying 3930kv
Would this be suitable to run with my current ESC, and will it give me the extra grunt I'm looking for?
I am going to buy a 2S Lipo for it now, but wondering where else I should be focusing on.
Appreciate any help or advice, as I'm hoping to get into the electric side of things for when using my nitro cars isn't a feasible option.
Also if anyone can point me to some upgrade parts I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for your time.
Jay.
Brisbane, Australia.

Last edited by KiwiJay; 03-23-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Wrong model name