R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2006 Scottish GP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/93454-2006-scottish-gp.html)

Dan415ms 12-11-2005 08:09 AM

2006 Scottish GP! Come race with the best drivers!

Hi All!

The 2006 GP in association with Mirage RC Enterprises will be held at the Stonehaven & District Radio Car Club, near Aberdeen in Scotland on Saturday 3rd (19 turn) and Sunday 4th (Open Mod) of June! ;)

This is going to be a brilliant weekend of racing and urge all to attend! All are welcome! There will be a Scottish theme with bagpipes and more!! The track has an amazing setting on the Scottish coast.

Please keep checking our website www.sdrcc.co.uk regularly and don't miss out on one of 2006's BIGGEST competitions! The entry form will be online early 2006. We have special guests David Spashett, Andy Moore and Chris Grainger coming to race!

Please email me at [email protected] if any of you international guys fancy a holiday over to Scotland and catch a huge racing event whilst you're at it! :D

Cheers,

Dan

Daniel Rowlands
Chairman
Stonehaven & District Radio Car Club
www.sdrcc.co.uk

http://www.sdrcc.co.uk/users/gp%20logo.jpg

Dan415ms 12-12-2005 08:01 AM

Dear all,

It's my great pleasure to inform you of 3 drivers coming to the 2006 Scottish GP who we welcome as our special guests. They really need no introduction but if any of you are new-ish to the hobby then here goes:

David Spashett

Multiple European and World Champion. David finished 10th at the last world's in Florida, he works for Helger Distribution and drives a Tamiya 415MSX Chassis!

Chris Grainger

Chris is the current BRCA Modified Champion, he drives for Yokomo with his MR4TC-BD Chassis!

Andy Moore

Andy finished 6th overall in last years world's. He now drives a Hot Bodies Cyclone chassis with team-mates Hara and Surikarn amongst others......very well! Andy was Scottish GP Mod and BRCA Mod Champion in 2004.

Keep watching this forum and the club website www.sdrcc.co.uk as i'll be making regular announcements of more factory team drivers making the scenic journey to Stonehaven in June.....remember to get your entry forms in quick when it's released in the new year! Please PM me your interest in the event if you wish and i'll make a note of your name.

It's gonna be a good'n!!

Cheers,

Dan

kenny f 12-12-2005 09:53 AM

Hi dan Kenny here

Im guessing you have resolved the problems about the date clashes with SCRA since it wouldnt have been a good turn out since 90 percent of the scottish drivers would go to SRCA leaving stoney empty which wouldnt be good, tis gald to know that you have resolved this matter since i want a good turn out at both events

Cheers kenny :cool:

Dan415ms 12-12-2005 10:14 AM

Hi Kenny,

Yes the clash is all sorted which is great! :nod:

See you at the GP! Can't wait!

Dan :cool:

Ballsie 12-12-2005 02:35 PM

Hi Dan,

I didn't know that you used this forum.

Looking forward to the GP already!

Cheers,

Alan

v0rtex 12-12-2005 02:56 PM

What rules will be followed for the event? Will it be the BRCA rules?

I'm from Australia, born and bred here, but i'm the only one from my immediate family who hasn't visited our true homeland of Scotland and I cant think of any better excuse to visit than for RC racing :)

Dan415ms 12-13-2005 06:11 AM

Hi vOrtex! :nod:

One of our club members is an Aussy - he moved over from Sydney last year and is now an honorary Scot and loving his racing at the club! You are most welcome!

Rules for width/height/bodyshells/weight etc are as per BRCA, the race format is still to be announced as are details on tyres.

Watch this space but get that flight booked!

Cheers, any further questions don't hesitate to ask here or email me at [email protected]

D :cool:

Dan415ms 12-13-2005 12:43 PM

Hi Dan,

I didn't know that you used this forum.

Looking forward to the GP already!

Cheers,

Alan
Sure do Ballsie! ;)

Dan :D

JL 12-13-2005 11:26 PM

Hey Vortex,

DO IT MAN! I'm the Aussie club member of sdrcc. I'd love to see another Aussie flying the flag up here!

Anyone, of any ability can come and race from the top pros to guys like me. It's as serious as you want it to be and I personally just can't wait to see the top guys go round.

Also other than home, Scotland's my favourite country on this earth. Come and visit, spend some time seeing the place and get yourself to Stonehaven to race. If there's any heavy gear that won't fit in your baggage limits just let me know. I'll personally scrounge around for stuff like pit tables, chairs, etc to make sure you're sorted.

Hope to see you at the GP. PM me if you want,
Jason

Dan415ms 12-18-2005 05:58 AM

Removed

John_S 12-18-2005 09:57 AM

dam that looks cold

Dan415ms 12-18-2005 10:02 AM

Good job the GP is being held in Summer then!! Cold it may be but admittedly it is very picturesque this time of year. :lol:

Dan415ms 01-09-2006 11:10 AM

Entry form and lists now online

Please go to www.sdrcc.co.uk to see all details including the entry form where rules are stated, a sample video and entry lists :nod:

John_S 01-10-2006 12:56 PM

vid aint workin son!

Dan415ms 01-10-2006 01:04 PM

Hi John,

I believe it works for everyone else! Maybe a setting on your PC?

What error does it come up with? Are you using the 'Right click here to save file' option?

or try this: http://www.rcpics.net/media/2005_GP_Qualifier_Video.wmv

D ;)