R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default X-ray T3

I currently have the 05 and flat-out love it and I will be buying the T2 when comes out, If X-ray continues to release a car like Tamiya, HPI and Yokomo, I really don't have problem with it as long as the suspension remain the same, Tamiya is very good at this. I know alot of racers are pissed about no carry over parts to the T2. The diffs suspension etc. have been running strong for about a 1 1/2 years, that pretty good but when the T3 come out in 07 if they do a complete overhaul then I will have to track down the kid from Canada who I sold my RDX to and steal from him In terms of releasing new cars Tamiay is the worst buy they have 1 constant that the LW suspension will be here to stay

In my humble opinion I think if they don't have alot of carry over parts from the T2 to the T3 and not cartering to the fact that most of the US fanbase run on carpet" not including a front diff" they will lose a lot of U.S. customers
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

Ok......well....the T2 hasn't even landed yet and you're worried about the T3????

Xray carried over a LOT of parts for 5 years on the T1 platform...I think that your worries may be a little baseless at this point...

The Xray release schedule had been basically an update every year...the T2 looks like it is going to hit at about the 9-10 month point..so it's a little early, but not as major as many people would lead you to believe...

As far as not adressing the US carpet racing perspective, the T2 already has suspension components and arms designed to allow for slammed bodies, low profile foam tires and 28mm tire width, as well as the north american kits being packaged with a front diff instead of the multi-diff.

I guess my question is..... where's the problem?
Team Tekin
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I belive that Xray had started to accomodate the need of the US market. It says on their website under the T2's info that the multi-diff is not included in the US market kits. This would lead me to belive that a front diff will be included in the kits imported over here.
Ron DePoto
Express Motorsports
Pin Shop Hobbies
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote