Search

V2 motor question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default V2 motor question

Here's a quickie;

What Orion/Peak Revolution V2 motors have the milled groove on the arm? I know the rheinard edition has, but what about the others?

Also; who has the rheinard edition in stock? Tower ans Speedtech don't even carry them. Stormer once did, but they're MIA too.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I asked Joe Pillars from Orion, and he said you pretty much have to order it through your hobby shop. If this is truly the case, they will end up being 80-90 bucks. This is the e-mail I recieved after asking where I can get the motor and spare armatures.

"The best thing to do is to order one through your local hobby shop. Spare armatures are not sold yet. These will be sold once we are caught up on our motor back orders.

Joe Pillars
Team Orion Customer Service/Factory Driver
[email protected]"

I don't know how they can be backordered, after the motor being out for as long as it has been...
-Josh
Old 12-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

That is what happens when your product is in high demand.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Try this : www.teambrood.com

Faster motors than standart Orion, cheaper, and they will tune it for your special purpose.

regards,
Hugo
Old 12-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Orion V2 motors are the best I know so far. With the technical support of Oscar jansen it had helped the top drivers of the world win major races. Cant go wrong with this.

This was taken last week, Oscar tuning my motors. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails V2 motor question-p1010845small.jpg   V2 motor question-p1010847small.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just don't see how a motor can be out for a year plus, and their supply is still lower than the demand. Who knows, maybe they just want to do that to keep the price higher, but when you design and develope a motor, you should at least offer it through major retailers. But who knows? Maybe it's just me.
-Josh
Old 12-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Geetoo
Orion V2 motors are the best I know so far. With the technical support of Oscar jansen it had helped the top drivers of the world win major races. Cant go wrong with this.

This was taken last week, Oscar tuning my motors. Take a look.

take a good look at these arms the got the sleeve cut with a hat that is used to keep the comm from splitting...this stuff will never fall in the hands of the average consumer...you dont need this riehnhart motor when the stock checkpoint kicks ass...
Old 12-16-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

The Reinard has the grove for 12 turns only i believe.

The Peak Spashett has it all through the wind range. Fantom also have the groove cut into their "Euro" 12 turns.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Not to Hi-Jack but I have a Peak Element with a V2 head and as much as I read how well the V2 design works I'm very impresses.

However, just by trying to rebuild it is a pain and not only that trying to break in the brushes gets the can warm which I never understood.

I still own the piece and would one day like to run it but for now I'm sticking to the typical heads..

if anyone has any ideas or tips on getting the brush spring mounted with out using an xacto or 3 hands I might give it a try. Also figuring out why my motor is running warm by just breaking in the brushes, breaking in with 2amps for 2 mins.

Thanks for any help,
Rudy
Old 12-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The easiest way to assemble them is to the put together.....then slide the brushes in, then push the spring in with an exacto......this is how oscar does it, as do I and many others.....

As for the motor getting warm.....well, thats just natural....2 minutes is not enough though, for either the sprint or the enduro.

I break my stuff in at 2 volts for 7 minutes(10 for the enduro) at like 3 degrees of timing....then turn the timing up the required amount and run it for 30 seconds to seat the brushes finally at the higher timing....the EDGE brushes actually can break in a little quicker, so usually 1 minute off each type.....just depends...

www.teambrood.com has motors in ALL winds with the Center-Cut......we offer them in all motors.....

We will be offering a version of the comm hat soon.....

Later EddieO
Old 12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Eddie does that center cut offer more RPM because of less magnetic field? Im trying to build up that knowledge base
Old 12-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In theory it does....as it reduces the iron mass......

Later EddieO
Old 12-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Gotcha, kinda like what guys here were trying to do when they were drilling out stock arms. they didnt think about balancing though.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EddieO
In theory it does....as it reduces the iron mass......

Later EddieO

your both wrong, the cut or sleeve makes the motor act like a v-tech on a honda...as the segment passes the magnet you get a pop from the edge of the stack, when you add the sleeve you gain in extra pop from the magnet thus getting more mid range way fast on the top end..Every time the sleeve than the segment pass the magnets you have the v-tech kicks in makes tons of power all thru the power band...a stock arm in a checkpoint can will yield the same as any sleeve arm out thier..my .02
Old 12-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Not saying you are incorrect but I believe Eddie is right. Less Iron is going to have less of a magnetic field, which should in turn produce more RPM and less efficiency. Remember the old D1's...they were solid cans...very little openings....huge torque monsters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.