Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR Has a new President >

ROAR Has a new President

ROAR Has a new President

Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With only 3.1% of the population voting it obviously shows that there should NOT be enough interest for the EXCOMM to even bring this issue to the table.
your right brian because 75% of those who voted were nitro guys for all the whining going on on the electric side of the house you deserve what you got.(AFU) I for one am tired of hearing the pissing and moaning. Just calling it like I see it. If you don't like it get off your dead ass and do something about it VOTE(if you voted I'm not addressing you, if you didn't and your havin a cow now I am talking to you.(and yes I voted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

heck only 150 or 170 people voted and I bet there has been more than that bitchin about roar on this website alone.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
your right brian because 75% of those who voted were nitro guys for all the whining going on on the electric side of the house you deserve what you got.(AFU) I for one am tired of hearing the pissing and moaning. Just calling it like I see it. If you don't like it get off your dead ass and do something about it VOTE(if you voted I'm not addressing you, if you didn't and your havin a cow now I am talking to you.(and yes I voted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

heck only 150 or 170 people voted and I bet there has been more than that bitchin about roar on this website alone.
Dennis,

I agree. I think ROAR has done a great job with nitro and off-road for classes. But not for on-road/oval. They allowed to many classes to happen because everyone was complaining. Imagine a gas nats with .12, .15, and .17 200mm. Never fly but that is about what on-road has become. And many believe that it because the most members on the Excomm are nitro or off-road guys. I think all 7 of those positions can be done by one person. You have to listen to everyone and get the whole picture not the picture that egos seam to give so everyone can feel a part of every decision. The big thing that gets me is only a lil over 5,000 ROAR members? You know there are a ton more then that that race at the club level but as of now ROAR hasn't done anything to offer the racer except an inconsistent national championship. I even heard at 8th scale nats they ran a race without any scoring for a few laps before it was started. Untill ROAR has something to offer the racers other then inconsistencies it will always be as it is now.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
No it's not, you've been drafted!
No chance.

There is another.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
True...but it sure would be easier if they would just make up their minds and say yes or no so matchers would know which direction they need to go!! Its rediculous that they cant make a decision and post it!!

EA
Agreed. Not fair to guys sitting on stock or not purchasing new.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:19 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
...for all the whining going on on the electric side of the house you deserve what you got...
Its attitudes like this that DON'T belong on excom. Excom should consist of individuals that are professional enough to put aside bias and make decisions that are in the best interest of the hobby/sport as a whole.

The bad thing is, the only one I saw practicing this was Dawn who is now leaving.

Roar needs to revamp the executive committee and ditch the dead weight, boot the pompous a$$ egos, and actually get a group of people that not only CAN volunteer the time necessary but also can do so professionally.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Dennis,

... I even heard at 8th scale nats they ran a race without any scoring for a few laps before it was started.
Brian, you heard wrong. We ran two PC's at the Nats and the only problem we had all week was when somebody accidently turned off a power strip.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

JKA,

Sorry if you don't like the tone of Dennis' message but he is right. There were something like 150 respondents for the whole country and he and I are 2 of them. That's a pretty high percentaGE IN THE SHORT DISTANCE OF A FEW POSTS. Historically in ROAR the electric guys do complain the most because they have the most to complain about (BTW, I race all classes). On the electric side we have gone from 3300 to 3600 to 3700 3800 and now 4200 in the course of a single year and have not budged an inch on the rules. Electric has constant motor and body changes that need to be addressed and approved and somebody with an electric background had better get in a position to do something about it. As it stands, the nitro racers are the ones who tend to vote the most in our annual elections so iy is easy to do the math and figure out why the electric voice isn't being heard.

If you truly want to make a difference, don't only vote, allow yourself to become nominated/elected to the Excom, one of the commitees, or an office of ROAR. Electric racers need representation and that is what Dennis was trying to convey more than anything. Get out and vote and keep your eyes open for friends who you think would do good for the future and health of ROAR for electric as well as nitro.

JKA, did you vote in the last ROAR election?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Dennis,

And many believe that it because the most members on the Excomm are nitro or off-road guys.
I have no idea why I'm argueing this..but misinformation simply kills me...

Excomm members each have an individual job and I can state from three years experience, there is no way I could do more than what I'm assigned. Its not my full time job and five to six hours a day is way more than I should put in.

BTW, the off road racer, of which there is ONE on the board is not a guy... its me and the last I looked, I was and still am female. LOL

Originally Posted by brian anthony
I even heard at 8th scale nats they ran a race without any scoring for a few laps before it was started.
Nope. Unfactual data you have stated.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 12-13-2005 at 09:19 AM. Reason: because I could have said this better
Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fraz,

As much as I appreciate your "get involved" attitude, you are preaching to the choir.

About 2 weeks ago I stepped down from the electric Onroad Committee. I was one of 3 or 4 active members of that committee. I stepped down because of the very reasons I posted above. Dead weight and inflated egos on excom. Our committee chair, Randy Holst, hasn't replied to my emails and from speaking with other active members on the committee he hasn't returned phone calls either. Couple that with the "I only care about Nitro" attitude of guys like Dennis and you might see my point. Dennis is not right, and if he truly cared about anything beyond Nitro he would work to do something about it. But let me guess.... he's just a volunteer.

The get involved rebuttal is BS. So you voted... good for you. Having been a bit more involved than merely casting a ballot I can assure you that the all too common "we are just volunteers" and "you should get involved" comments mean nothing at this point.

There are capable people trying to make a difference on the electric side and everything gets bottlenecked at ExCom. Hopefully MQ can help fix this issue, since other excom members merely want to point and laugh.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Keith, good to hear you have been involved and I wish you would have stuck it our for all of us. I do indeed understand dead weight. I participate on a couple of other comittees/boards and see it often. With a busy work load, heck sometimes it's me

IMNSHO MQ is not the answer if you hope things are going to make a turn for the better on the electric side. Mike owns Speedline Hobbies and is dedicated and focused on catering to the nitro world. He races (or raced) nitro and that is where it looks like his head is at. I do not believe he sells anything for the electric crowd nor do I think he has enough background in modern electric matters to be as effective as the electric scene needs. Not saying this to dis Mike at all, I just think his hands are full in other arenas. The electric side need qualified people to step up and take positions and then perform them.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Suspended

ROAR needs a complete makeover..

Just stand back and look at what it has become.

I voted, did you?

Some people were involved who probably didn't put 100% into it and probably couldn't (some people forget that these people volunteer and also have careers and families to take into consideration).

And Dennis's comments were right on.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JKA

About 2 weeks ago I stepped down from the electric Onroad Committee.

HUH???? Please phone me?? You know the number....

BTW ... looks like I'm 5th seed in the playoffs.

Jarod ... careful.... we are looking for volunteers...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ROAR

I can't even keep a straight face. Let it die. I mean the Nationals are now a warm up race for races like Cleveland, Snowbirds, IIC....

If anyone cared how would they let that happen?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dawn, he did, and I do not blame him.

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
HUH???? Please phone me?? You know the number....

BTW ... looks like I'm 5th seed in the playoffs.

Jarod ... careful.... we are looking for volunteers...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bob, I disagree with you.

There are planty of controversies at those races too.... and The nats still hold a cache, but they are losing what luster they have.

I do not think it is fair to compare those 3 races to any ROAR national. Each of those are run once a year by the same people. Roar has... how many nats each year, and they are run by different people. ROAR has it's problems, but there still are people trying to turn it around. There are some good things being put into place.. only time will tell.

If it were easy to keep a national orginization running, then there would be more of them. What ROAR needs are peopl that can put thier ego's and intrests aside, and make descisions that are RIGHT for the hobby. If they do not have time for the post, then step down PERIOD.

I really dislike the fact that Dawn is stepping down, but she made the right call, she does not have the time to dedicate to the post. I am sure she will be involved in a capacity that her schedule allows.

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
ROAR

I can't even keep a straight face. Let it die. I mean the Nationals are now a warm up race for races like Cleveland, Snowbirds, IIC....

If anyone cared how would they let that happen?

Last edited by TimPotter; 12-13-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.