Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Has a new President

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Hopefully there will be some positive changes in ROAR for a change...
HAHAHA
Old 12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

EA: Okay, now factory drivers can have whatever pops up months before it is available to the regular driver.... and there is no chance for them then... At least there is a minute chance now.... Better than none...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Ok...Very good point. Cant run them till they are comercially available? If I am not mistaken there is already rules along those lines for prototype parts in stock class.

EA
Old 12-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fraz
IMNSHO ROAR nees to:

3) Model operations and staff structuture a bit more like AMA http://www.modelaircraft.org/ I have never been a member but have lots of friends who fly and are members and they all have great things to say about it.
I forgot I wanted to touch on this some.....

I worked at Hacker USA, in case you didn't know, Hacker is predominently airplane motors..... You have a point, but it really depends on who you talk to about the AMA.... The hard core guy's and/or the "Factory" equivilent pilots 99% of them will say AMA sucks.... And the "Club pilot" 99% of them will say that AMA is the greatest.... Really depends on who you talk to.

Just because the AMA has 120k members means nothing either..... Their insurance allows for them to be insured at city parks that allow flying..... These city parks usually require that you be a AMA member or you can get a citation.... ROAR insurance is quite different as it pertains to tracks that are quite fewer than city parks.....

There are some thing that could be done like them, but the funds that AMA generates compared to ROAR is like comparing apples and oranges.... Over a $100 to be AMA member times 120,000..... compared to $30 times 6000.... You get the picture.... Easier to accomodate with those kinds of funds....

Now ROAR could raise the fee's up and things could be alot easier, but if that is done, who is going to be mad about that??? Personally, my feelings as just a ROAR member.... things need to be better before fee's go up so that I am assured that things will get better if that is done...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orange
.....Since we are on the Off-Road rant.... my first love in this "sport" is off-road, obviously.... I think that the "New Pres will make a fine one.... I like the way you compare what he does "In your area" the same for what he does for the entire nation..... Just because you haven't gotten your way with him doesn't mean that he will be a bad president for the whole country.... with that said, what a VP does for the area he lives in may not look good for the rest of the country, did you think since he was the VP that you automatically got special considerations because he lived in your territory? The way you say things, that is how it appears.
This is not about getting "my" way, buddy. Also, I am not asking, or have ever asked, for special considerations. However, it would be nice for a person in charge to listen to people, especially when many have complaints/concerns about the same problem issues. That is all I have asked of any in positions within this "sport's" organizations. All I was pointing out is that I hope that he listens more now that he is president than he does at our regional level. But, seeing your "indirect" response to me point out my fact that some members would rather exclude folks that are totally on board with their views. You don't know me to make the statements about "getting my way" and "making special consideration for me". I have never asked for any or expected any. However, if I pull an officier of an organization off to the side and point out a potential problem area in a ruling or whatever that may become an issue with other racers down the road, at least that officer could do is listen, if nothing else instead of being blown off. Just like this battery issue that has taken up this thread, address it, issue a ruling, and move on to the next topic instead of giving political double-speak and dragging it out. All I say is lets wait and see on whether or not he will be a good president for ROAR instead of doing the "already annointing" him as a success. Time will tell all.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
... All I say is lets wait and see on whether or not he will be a good president for ROAR instead of doing the "already annointing" him as a success. Time will tell all.
I don't think anyone has claimed success. We are discussing the issues that hopefully he'll consider.

Hopefully he'll appoint a VP with electric ties.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ok...Very good point. Cant run them till they are comercially available? If I am not mistaken there is already rules along those lines for prototype parts in stock class.

EA
That rule can so easily be taken for granted..... If somebody makes a part in his garage is that a prototype?

If somebody grinds down an a-arm to fit differently, is that a prototype?

I think that rule is more in place so that a major chassis manufacturer doesn't show up at the race with a car that there is only 1 of.

Personally, I think that rule needs updating....
Old 12-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Jlock - I do know Mike Queller since working very directly with him for three years now and I know EXACTLY the issues you speak of in your area as I know many of the TC racers out there.....

I think Sean mistyped (dangit Sean, stop that!! LOL) when he spoke of you expecting special considerations. He knows Mike to be the person I'm following now within the Excomm and he knows that I defend the president of ROAR publically and do my job. (Sean's my husband, BTW)

All I ask is everyone give MQ some time. He's already got things moving very quickly in this changeover and there are some issues that have come up overnight that have been addressed and will be announced.

(btw, the battery thing.. that was done until we discovered a new problem just recently.... The rule will be -- approved at 43mm (center positive button included) with nominal increases and cannot exceed 44mm with cycling-- ... so basically, your 3600, 3700 and 3800's out there are looking good to make it on the list... relax everybody!! No way ROAR is gonna have you buy anything you can't use in sanctioned racing.)

I'm happy to see such a nice crowd here...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Jlock: Sorry, I didn't mean that post the way you read it.... Had to re-read.

I agree with you, should listen! I'm waiting for a reply of an email I sent to him about a week ago.... So time will tell..... Right now My opinion is that he will be a good pres.... Doesn't mean I won't change my mind...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Orange
I'm waiting for a reply of an email I sent to him about a week ago....
uh, Sean... he and I talked about your email... and the answer is yes. I was supposed to tell you that.. sorry.

There are more issues regarding batteries upcoming and the electric on road and electric off road committee will be asked to review and recommend.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 12-15-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
PW
Tech Elite

(btw, the battery thing.. that was done until we discovered a new problem just recently.... The rule will be -- approved at 43mm (center positive button included) with nominal increases and cannot exceed 44mm with cycling-- ... so basically, your 3600, 3700 and 3800's out there are looking good to make it on the list... relax everybody!! No way ROAR is gonna have you buy anything you can't use in sanctioned racing.)
Hello Dawn...So my understanding is a cell uncycled sent to ROAR for approval will have to be 43mm or smaller? Then once it's legalized it can expand up to 44mm? So the old rule stands and virgin cells must be 43mm or smaller If I understand everything correctly...This was a great ruling.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
Hello Dawn...So my understanding is a cell uncycled sent to ROAR for approval will have to be 43mm or smaller? Then once it's legalized it can expand up to 44mm? So the old rule stands and virgin cells must be 43mm or smaller If I understand everything correctly...This was a great ruling.
Hi Paul... yes. Thank you for your question and your approval of the decision made.

Please keep in mind.... this is not official yet as its not on the website. I'm just trying to calm folks down because, and I understand, its so late this time around getting the information out. (sorry, I can't get into why, just trust us that we are working our very fastest!)

Virgin cells actually come in at 43mm and some just a 'nominal' amount higher. But, after cycling, they cannot go past 44mm of which they will be teched should suspect cells be used in competition.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by AJ Goin
HAHAHA
Yep , Those who said the Big E would do nothing but ruin Roar now have the ship on the rocks ready to sink....
Old 12-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Yep , Those who said the Big E would do nothing but ruin Roar now have the ship on the rocks ready to sink....
George - which are you.. ROAR supporter or bandwagon basher?? Make up your mind, man!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=BullFrog]Davepull- I have never recieved a phone call- email or smoke signals from you on anything concerning ROAR in the last two -three years and I live in the same home town.I was up on most everything contrary to what Tim and the others on the electric committee think.I knew about what was coming - why because at the time I gave a hoot and did the very simple thing I called and asked.I knew about the battery vote way before.I told people at the state race that you were not at [QUOTE]

ok Bill here goes you don't hear from me because you don't race in Jacksonville. you haven't since I lived here. you want to come on here and make yourself out to be a angel sent from heaven that did all he could to help ROAR and the hobby grow. Well Bill unless all you have done has been with the on road series. so I guess that if you don't run that series then ow well your up shits creek without a paddle.

You say that this is your last year. well thanks time for a change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.