Wiki Posts
Search

Why touring?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Sedans

I think what it all boils down to is that people want to run a class that they can go anywhere and race. With sedans you can get your practice and weekly fun at the local track and then you can go to a big race and fit right in. There is always several different classes involving sedans at big events, wether it be mod foam, stock rubber, 19 turn rubber or foam. Not to mention, if you have a Tamiya you can go to the TCS races. Thats why some people stick with sedan.

I wish Tamya would come out with a 12th scale.... i would buy one.

My track has 8 or 10 12th scales one week and maybe 1 the next week. Weird
Old 12-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infrontracing
I think what it all boils down to is that people want to run a class that they can go anywhere and race. With sedans you can get your practice and weekly fun at the local track and then you can go to a big race and fit right in. There is always several different classes involving sedans at big events, wether it be mod foam, stock rubber, 19 turn rubber or foam. Not to mention, if you have a Tamiya you can go to the TCS races. Thats why some people stick with sedan.

I wish Tamya would come out with a 12th scale.... i would buy one.

My track has 8 or 10 12th scales one week and maybe 1 the next week. Weird
Exactly, I know a number of people have trouble understanding this(because they race on carpet all the time), but pan cars handle TERRIBLY on anything BUT carpet, but touring cars can adapt to almost ANYTHING. True a well set up pan car on a good surface will be faster every time, but again, you take that car to a poor surface(like the Skid-Not I race on every week, which is a lot like grainy, low-med. grip asphalt), & you'll end up throwing your car against the wall in frustration, foam tires & those minimal suspensions just don't hook up on the stuff. But it's a LOT easier to get a TC to work well on it, & then later you can go to another completely different surface & with a few changes be just as well hooked up on that. In my state, there is NO carpet tracks anywhere near us(closest is in neighboring states), so we go to cars that are more adaptable, & TC's are it....
Old 12-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Chill BlackKat. Its just a toy. If its getting too expensive time to look for a better job or change hobby. Honestly I find it funny when I go to the local track and see fat guys with lots of money calling themselves "non keyboard racers" to insult rc hobbyist. You should see it man, they have more than 2 top level chargers, more than 8 matched packs, tons of motors, equipment to fill a room, 2 or 3 kits and get this, they even have their own buttler to carry around stuff. These guys maybe in their 30's-40's call rc a sport and really take things to another level as if they're real "racecar drivers". Probably too fat and can't do any other "sport" but they have lots of money so they're into rc "racing". So just remember, in the end its just a toy, if its not fun then its not worth doing. Just race with your friends and keep things real, that's the best.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KillWency
Chill BlackKat. Its just a toy. If its getting too expensive time to look for a better job or change hobby. Honestly I find it funny when I go to the local track and see fat guys with lots of money calling themselves "non keyboard racers" to insult rc hobbyist. You should see it man, they have more than 2 top level chargers, more than 8 matched packs, tons of motors, equipment to fill a room, 2 or 3 kits and get this, they even have their own buttler to carry around stuff. These guys maybe in their 30's-40's call rc a sport and really take things to another level as if they're real "racecar drivers". Probably too fat and can't do any other "sport" but they have lots of money so they're into rc "racing". So just remember, in the end its just a toy, if its not fun then its not worth doing. Just race with your friends and keep things real, that's the best.
You are right some people take things way to seriously. I thought the point of a hobby is for fun. And a lot of the people at my track are overweight and smokers and have lots of money to burn on toy cars.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah Grizz I never thought about tracks elsewhere that may only have asphalt or other non-carpet surfaces. In my area all we have is carpet. The nearest asphalt track is a 3 or 4 hours away. Never ran on asphalt myself. So TC's would be more suitable for your area.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxxkat
I know the tracks that Dan races at and I can tell you for a fact you are NOT going to show up with a TC3 with marginal(1.16)batteries and do anything other than make the B main or the bottom of the A's driving your azz off.You will see just what i mean when the Carpet Nat's are over.The Nats this year are in Kats back yard.
Thanks,

I'm the 16 year old kid with the minimum wage job to support the hobby competing against the rich towers, The way you guys talk online, I thought it was just as competative (if not more) equipment wise everywhere else.

I've overstayed my welcome in Stock TC A-Mains for a good year....LOL. I can still be very competative in Expert TC Rubber the way its being run now, (just the Gilroy boys run-whatcha-brung) but foam TC classes are the new "Expert" and "Upper-Level" classes in NorCal
Old 12-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've read some of the posts on this thread and a lot of them are a bunch of balonie.......and cheese sandwich posts I'm only going to post one time in this thread so listen up I race touring cars. I like to race touring cars. I am in college and am on an extremely tight budget. I don't get first place in the "fast" class at our local track every time I race. But I finish first sometimes and am usually in the top 3 (not always but usually). I don't have the top of the line equipment but I have decent enough equipment and car to race competitively(actually I have a good touring car....the JRX-S). The main point I am trying to make is touring car racing is fun for me!! I enjoy it. And that's the bottom line. There is no way anyone would believe me if I told them how much I spent on all my touring car equipment (touring car and tools and everything). I guarantee you it's not as much as the number going through your head right now. Anyway....to all the skeptics out there, touring car racing (at least for me) is a fun hobby where I can be as competitive or relaxing as I want to make it. And that's why, i think, lots of people run touring cars. I've never run a pan car in my life (maybe I would love it), but all I know is that I like touring car racing and that's what I am sticking with, even past 2010.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Looking throught recent RCCI I saw that TC3 is doing really well in UK. You really don't "have to" buy new stuff every 2 months. Pan cars are fun but the price difference is not that much. Associated TC4 4WD Team Touring Car Kit is 210$ and Associated RC12L4 Factory Team Kit is 180$ at Towerhobbies. CRC Carpet Knife is 225$ at their website. The price of the chargers and radios is the same, no matter what class you're racing in.
The handling is not necessarily better, just different. It really depends on the track which class handles better.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Touring cars are my favorite. I know the expense but I don't mind that as I'm having a good time. What I like best about touring cars is you have so many companies with competitive cars instead of like offroad its Losi or Associated. Touring is cool as yes Losi and Associated have great cars but then so do Corally, Tamiya, Xray, Alex Racing, HPI, Hot Bodies and Kyosho will be in the mix to so you have alot more freedom of choice. I tried other racing lately but I always come back to touring in a month or two because it is what I like best (not what I do best) but hey touring is just so damn cool.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

On a carpet surface, a 10th scale pan car would whip a TC for fun!

I love pan car racing (I've raced 12th scale and 10th scale pan for many years), however they don't change. A rear pod, graphite chassis plate, simple front suspension, that's it.

People love "new" and with touring cars, the designs are exciting and different. This is the reason why TC's are in and pan cars are out.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddesros2
On a carpet surface, a 10th scale pan car would whip a TC for fun!

I love pan car racing (I've raced 12th scale and 10th scale pan for many years), however they don't change. A rear pod, graphite chassis plate, simple front suspension, that's it.

People love "new" and with touring cars, the designs are exciting and different. This is the reason why TC's are in and pan cars are out.

100% true
Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Why do we put up with racing the too-expensive, over engineered, ill-handling exuse of a race car? Why do we race touring?...blah, blah, blah...Why do you guys like touring car so much? I'm going to RACE 12th SCALE and HAVE FUN
The real reason is so we can have places to race with NO BLACK KAT. I know why your TC is never dialed and so expensive: you didn't use that muffler bearing like I told you. Did you ever find that gallon of prop wash?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
I'm going to RACE 12th SCALE and HAVE FUN
Go have fun.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afro Puff
The real reason is so we can have places to race with NO BLACK KAT.
..now that's some funny stuff!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Well, personally, i think BlackKat should keep his trap shut as most of what he says is, well... bullshit to be honest.

YOU race what YOU wanna race I will race what I want to race. I dont think its up to you to decide what my hobby is.

Why dont you go tell all the F1 teams that they are stupid for spending so much.

Infact why dont you just be quiet and keep silly opinions that have no substance other than to piss people off to yourself

**And breathe**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.