R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TT-01 Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/93146-tt-01-forum.html)

mailboxck 12-08-2005 02:13 AM

TT-01 Forum

I bet there are a lot of tt01 racers out there. Will be getting mine sometime next week...when i'm not so busy.

People have been saying that the stabilizer bars go on top of the cf upper plate...but the tt01r manual shows they go in front and at the back of the gearbox. Which one is it?

tamiyaboy 12-08-2005 02:17 AM

i say its a good kit, where will you use it?

mailboxck 12-08-2005 04:08 AM

There's gonna be a spec class tt01 race here. And an open stock race. The spec class requires a silver can motor and stock esc. The open stock allows for other motors and hop ups but up to a certain point only.

It's much cheaper to get the tt01d than the tt01 since you get bb's and new arms. It wont be up to par to a trf414 but it would be a good kit.

A Ilievski 12-08-2005 05:43 AM

look in the rooki forum there is a tt-01 thread you just gota look for it.

mailboxck 12-08-2005 05:48 AM

Got a link? i can't seem to find it

BrainTeased 12-09-2005 04:03 AM

hey guys what alloy center shaft do you guys use?

a friend of mine told me that the tb evo 4 shaft would fit straight in so i got one and it wont fit!!! its slight longer about 5 to 10 mm longer.

mailboxck 12-09-2005 09:20 PM

That's a bummer. I also heard it from some of these forums that a shaft from a tb evo would fit.

There's a tt01 alloy shaft available. Don't know the part number though

www.ccugolf.com 12-09-2005 10:29 PM

Got my TT01 put together tonight

OK all I need to do is glue the tires & paint the body & it is ready to go.
I was wondering what the most fragile parts on this car are?

For me on my TC3 it was front arms

Is there a way to get just the arms?

We are trying to start up a spec class in Madisin WI, and thisn is one of the options, we will begin testing on Sunday. I also have a TL01 that may become our spec car.

I am also planning on running it in the spec class at the TCS race in Milwaukee WI. I have the following upgrades
adjust tie roda
adjust upper arms
alum shaft

Are the oil filled shocks worth the money?, if so what makes them so?

Thanks for the help
Jon

mailboxck 12-10-2005 12:45 AM

From what i've heard, the front adjustable arms are bad. The turbuckles pop out easily. What they do is to use the rear adjustable arms and leave the front ones stock. If you want to go racing, get the tt01d lower arms. It has 2 shock mounting positions and allows you to attach the swaybars w/o the cf upper deck.

The biggest problem is that people keep stripping the screws, especially in the motor mount since you usually change the pinion. So CA glue will now be your new best friend :p

fabolousRC 12-10-2005 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by mailboxck
There's gonna be a spec class tt01 race here. And an open stock race. The spec class requires a silver can motor and stock esc. The open stock allows for other motors and hop ups but up to a certain point only.

It's much cheaper to get the tt01d than the tt01 since you get bb's and new arms. It wont be up to par to a trf414 but it would be a good kit.

Isn't the TT01R cheaper than that?

mailboxck 12-10-2005 04:58 AM

Not really sure. I have no idea how much the tt01r cost...but you dont get the esc with it. And in the spec class here, you're required to run with the esc.

TT01R has:
adjustable upper arms (F&R)
new lower arms
steel dogbones
aluminum prop shaft
no body or esc
bb's
oil shocks

TT01D has:
adjustable upper arms (F&R)
new lower arms
body or esc
drift tires
bb's
oil shocks

mailboxck 12-11-2005 02:47 AM

Saw a couple of stockers this afternoon...boy was this car SLOW! In stock form that is. The car is geared too low. You gotta change the pinion to a bigger one. But acceleration would suffer. However, this car is a lot lighter than a tl01 and the drivetrain is smooth. Guys were pretty impressed how it handled stock with friction dampers...so it would be better with oil shocks

thecrow2k 12-11-2005 03:43 AM

Gearing is dire with the 61/19 combo. If your running the tamiya silver can motor. Buy the speed tuned gear set (spurs) and the 22t, 23t, 24, 25t pinions and gear it like 58/22 and the speed is much better. My TT-01 has the carbon upperframe, aluminum propeller shaft, turnbuckle tierod set, aluinu knuckles, bearings and a tamiya hi-torque servo saver.

1-2-3...G0!!! 12-11-2005 05:23 AM

look for the "does tt-01 have potential" thread in the rookie zone. or you could simply pm rayman, he's the self proclaimed tt-01 and tamiya guru/god and a certified j@ck@$$! :lol:

rayman 12-11-2005 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1-2-3...G0!!!
look for the "does tt-01 have potential" thread in the rookie zone. or you could simply pm rayman, he's the self proclaimed tt-01 and tamiya guru/god and a certified j@ck@$$! :lol:

It takes one to know one. :lol: You obviously had bias towards your mi2 and can't accept other peoples opinion. Can't blame you since you own one and can't blame factory drivers for being biased towards a particular car they drive. As for me. Even if I owned a particular kit, I have no qualms giving it crits. No qualms saying the tt01 is no better than a tbo2, tao5 edges tbo2. TC3 overall well rounded race car. Mi2 base kit has no 1way, shocks not better than trf, plastic stuff, no titanium. Like a Maserati not a Ferrari which is not bad, Can you own one? 415 is still better but more expensive of course. :P
Back to topic. tt01 good for starters, durable to learn rc basics and not break the bank. Highly recommended for people getting into rc who would not be so commited and actually have a life other than promoting his mi2. :lol: