Like Tree53Likes

TT-01 Forum

Old 06-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello! Can anybody here post a copy of the instructions for the original tamiya ball diff assembly? Or a link will do fine. Seem to have lost mine and I have to do a rebuild. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
The bearing you are referring to is exactly the same size as the bearings that fit into your front/rear knuckles, so if your sourcing a new bearing from you LHS, just take a bearing out of one of your knuckles for measurements...
Spot on Drift Demon - many thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what is different on this new tt01 i've heard about?

R
Old 06-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? 2 questions

1. I traded someone an old off road buggy for a used TT01. Mine did not come with an upper chassis like I see in various TT01 chassis pics on the web. It looks like there are holes to mount one but there's no mention or pictures of it in the original manual that came with the car either. Is there a benefit to installing one?

2. Whats the purpose of the spur gear stopper? It shows the almost invisible small round indentation on one side should face toward the front of the chassis but when I took mine apart to install some aluminum parts I noticed it was backwards. The car seemed to still run fine.

thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The upper deck you see is not necessary, and a lot of people just buy this extra.

The spur gear stopper? Like the holder on top? You don't need it, but it keeps the chassis stiffer. If you take it off you will notice that you can bend the chassis slightly between the tub and rear gearbox. Having the stopper on top prevents this flex. I actually started cracking my tub at that area, and I wish I had that piece, because my spur gear was slowly grinding down...
Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamesban
1. I traded someone an old off road buggy for a used TT01. Mine did not come with an upper chassis like I see in various TT01 chassis pics on the web. It looks like there are holes to mount one but there's no mention or pictures of it in the original manual that came with the car either. Is there a benefit to installing one?

2. Whats the purpose of the spur gear stopper? It shows the almost invisible small round indentation on one side should face toward the front of the chassis but when I took mine apart to install some aluminum parts I noticed it was backwards. The car seemed to still run fine.

thanks.
Personally, I think the carbon upper is the first and most important upgrade, followed by shock tower stiffeners. The TT-01 has so much flex that any suspension adjustments you make are rendered meaningless.

The spur gear stopper keeps the spur in place. It often moves forward and wears away where it rubs the chassis. The direction does matter, one side is chamfered on the inside hole and clears the small metal pin that passes through the shaft|cup. Replace it with an Aluminium one from Tobee Craft, usually available at rcmart.

Kevin
Old 06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=330&id=1119

is this it? It looks totally different than the stock part. Also its out of stock and its not listed on rcmart or anywhere that I can find?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Rookie

now, im not new to r/c, but im new to tamiya. i have the stock tt01 chassis, and will be running it in 'sportsman' class which is anything goes but you must have a 27 turn motor. i did upgrade the motor to a 27T brushed trinity Co27 though.

i have been doing some practicing at my local track, but it seems that i run out of top speed way before 3/10s of the length of the longest straightaway. i seem to be cornering quite well, and get great traction when using my cousins racing slicks. i am actually beating my cousin's tc4 that has a couple upgrades on it wth the crappy tires and hard foam inserts. the accell and top speed is the same. However, there might be a variable on that, as he is using his racing tires with sauce, and i was using the crappy stock slicks with sauce as well.

when using the racing slicks, my problem however is that whenever exiting a slow hairpin(there is one in the whole track total), i give it throttle, and the tires just spin since the car is already moving, and the stock pinion and spur seems a little too small for this track. i was thinking of increasing my pinion gear from a stock 18T to a 20 or 21 and keep the stock spur of 66T.

Will this increase my speed in the straights a little bit and have the car accell a little slower so i have a little more breathing room out of the slow hairpin?

i however havent tried the same cornering with the tires with 'sauce' if you get what im saying. i have no idea if that alone will cure my traction problem as its hard to get hands on a good set of tires. also, im not worried about the motor heating up, as i have been running the motor and stock everything else with 3 3600 NiMH batteries backs back to back to back, and the motor is just warm with no heat sink.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=330&id=1119

is this it? It looks totally different than the stock part. Also its out of stock and its not listed on rcmart or anywhere that I can find?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/tobee-...th=595_744_712

cheers

Kevin
Old 06-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chiquae07

Will this increase my speed in the straights a little bit and have the car accell a little slower so i have a little more breathing room out of the slow hairpin?
Chiquae07, if you really want to smoke him, install a one-way diff at the front and run 25/55 gears. The one way will pull your car out of the turn when you throttle up, irrespective what the rear does. The 25/55 will give you a lot more top speed in the straight. However, you may encounter understeer when you turn in after the straight - so brake early.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

That says its for the DF02 but if you know it will work on the TT01 I'll order it. it doesn't look like it has the little notched hole on one side that the stock one did. I couldn't figure out what the indentation did anyway it was so shallow and small?

Originally Posted by kavadni
Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

any one know if a tl01 steering knuckle will work with a tt01
Old 06-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do not know if it will...

Guys I am selling my TT-01 roller, please email/pm me if you are interested, I just want to get this sold...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=228077
Old 06-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

That says its for the DF02 but if you know it will work on the TT01 I'll order it. it doesn't look like it has the little notched hole on one side that the stock one did. I couldn't figure out what the indentation did anyway it was so shallow and small?
It will fit. On my TT01 im running a 67T spur from a DF02, the TT01 spur gear washer/stopper fits perfectly fine over the DF02 spur.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

It fits, I have 2 cars using it.

The little notched hole is only to help you align it correctly.
If you look more closely at both the plastic one and the aluminium one, one side of the inner hole is slightly countersunk, it clears the metal pin that passes through the shaft.

The aluminum one is a tighter fit on a new spur, it snaps into place with a click. It also doesn't come off.

Kevin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.